Does this look familiar?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Aug 2, 2021.

1. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

I'm backing them for weeks now at 7/4 (+175 I think), a little bit every week, based purely on Sam's inability to read a defense and the fact the first time Lawson bears down on him, he will absolutely go to piece's as he has always done. Jets players and GM know exactly how to bring the world of hurt on Sam, he will have a couple of pre season games for tape on the Jets new defence. I might be wrong and if I am then so be it but I can't see anyway in which the Jets don't win this game

barfolomew likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'd bet Sam puts mayo on an Italian combo. So I wouldn't expect him to be capable of a revenge game.

Acad23 likes this.
  3. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Not talking about last season. Talking about training camp-prior to last season.

Ive been on Jets message boards and Twitter long enough to know the cycle of a young QB.

Year 1: Excitement (get ready for a year 2 jump)
    Year 2: Denial (Year 2 jump doesn’t happen. Most fans still believe he’s the answer, but some are skeptics. Skeptics are considered “trolls” by the masses)
    Year 3: everyone gives up

Why should I expect anything different with Wilson?

4. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Darnold could suck, but so could Wilson. It could just be an ugly game of bad Jets QBs.

barfolomew likes this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I am not going to get in a back and forth comparing Wilson to Darnold. That has been spoken about ad nauseum on this board leading into the draft.

barfolomew likes this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We were talking about (your hero) Darnold and no one cares what you expect from Wilson.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Falco21

Darnold does suck, but so could Wilson. It could just be an ugly game of if my guy sucks yours has to.

Fixed it for you

barfolomew likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, duh, we're Jets fans. It's easy to trash Darnold, because he sucks! He was the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last 3 seasons. His footwork, ability to read Ds, ability to see the field, his decision making and his accuracy all suck! I don't know if it's because he panics or if his vision is limited somehow, but I suspect it's that he panics because of his lack of experience and lack of the right mindset a QB needs.

The Jets should either never have started Darnold his rookie season or should have taken Josh Allen instead. Sam didn't start playing QB full time until his Jr. or Sr. year in HS, then only had 2 seasons at USC, and his 2nd was worse than his first. That should tell you something. The fact that he has continued working with Jordan Palmer, a respected NFL QB Coach, for going on 4 years now and still hasn 't fixed the issues listed above should tell you that HE is the problem, not the Jets, nor how they treated him. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a QB in the NFL He has prototypical size, a strong arm, and mobility. Period. Playing QB in the NFL takes a LOT more than that.

Perhaps if the Jets had a proven veteran starter and let Sam sit for a year or two behind him, he could have developed into a quality starting QB in the NFL. They didn't, so they should never have drafted him after the Browns took Mayfield. They should have taken a chance on fixing Josh Allen's accuracy instead. He is mobile, has prototypical size, and has a very strong arm, but he also has a lot more experience playing QB, and obviously has the ability to see the field, read Ds, doesn't panic, and makes good decisions.

If you haven't noticed, this isn't the same team than went 2-14. We have a totally different, better CS, we have a ton more talent, especially on the DL which will be attacking rather than reading and reacting, and a lot of youthful energy and desire to prove themselves and be the best they can be. This CS appears that it will put players in a position to succeed whereas Gase did no coaching and tried to shove square pegs into round holes. There is no Frank Gore whom the offense will center around.

barfolomew, Falco21 and K'OB like this.
  9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He won't

11. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

No FRANK GORE!! Then they'll have no running game! LOL

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Why not? You keep drafting QBs u til you hit on one. Here is to hoping Zach is legit

PJ4Ever and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Falco21

14. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

Sam's first pass (as a Panther) will become an INT and Pick-6 against the Jets come week 1.

Acad23 likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well that worked out into a win with the last team he started off with a pick six so let's hope the outcome isn't the same.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

"ANDERSON-PRIDE FIGHT

The first fight of training camp happened in the latter part of practice.

Anderson was going up against Pride in 11-on-11 drills when he caught a pass and ran out of bounds before pride pushed him down a little late.

Pride walked away, but when Anderson got up, he jogged over to Pride and hit him in the back of the helmet, nearly making Pride fall. Pride turned around to retaliate before teammates got in between the two players.

Anderson was asked to run to the DBO sign on the opposite end of the field as punishment".

[​IMG]