Training Camp News and Tweets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

Yup. Culture change. Started off going to Knicks and Islanders Playoff games together and now it's flowing into training camp. Most offseason teammate chemistry than I've ever seen.

Jets81 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Rankins and Cole are making strong pushes to be the most likeable dudes on this team.

NCJetsfan, Noam and FJF like this.
  3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

He speaks very well and comes off at least to me as very intelligent. One thing in common about all the JD draft picks and FA signings is that they are smart, love football and seem team orientated.

It is hard to not root for these guys. What a Freakin difference one year makes between last year and this. Amazing how much more likeable and exciting this team is.

blackssmagic, PJ4Ever, Borat and 3 others like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Even better! We'll have the top 3 or 3 of the top 5 "steals" of the draft!

Borat and Noam like this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Even if a season is not a wash, say Zach has to miss only a couple of games due to mono or something, I would roll with Morgan. I would probably prefer a vet over White as a 3d string, but at the end of the day it is a minor point. If Saleh likes White as a 3d stringer, I am OK with that. I want to see what we have in Morgan if Zach misses some time. I definitely do not want to give up a lot of CAP room and a pick for a QB at this point.

Yes, I do understand the importance of good QB back-up, as Foles has shown for Eagles, but we are at the point in the rebuild, where I would prefer to see if the guys we drafted, like Morgan, can be any good, if there is an opportunity for them to play.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Good post @Borat

I’d rather roll with Morgan as the backup and see what he does in the sense of an injury. This team isn’t ready to contend so let’s see who’s who on this team.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I will be in attendance tomorrow.

They say no video but nothing about pics...will try to snap some for you folks.

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Not to mention if Morgan is ever going to serve as a long term backup he will need game reps and as many practice reps as possible. He might as well be put in a position to get them this year.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

These 2 Rankins quotes from today give a pretty interesting insight into the overall philosophy of the defense :

"For me I'd say there's a difference in that I have to tell myself to let it go, this defense lets you be you," he said. "For the last five years we attacked in New Orleans and were playing gap. It was sound football, make sure you're in your gap building a wall. Here the idea is to get yards into the backfield. Every day I find myself getting more comfortable and looking better and better."

get three yards into the backfield, excuse my French, however the f--- it happens.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

marshal/decker/enunwa years was pretty weak. It was a great 1-2 combo, but no depth plus enunwa was an injury prone player. we really only had 2 Wrs and when both went down it showed how bad our group was

dmw likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Based on this we better have some linebackers that can get to the ball. This part of the old Tampa 2 philosophy of look up for a runner on your way to the qb. You can get away with that when you have hardy nickerson,Derrick brooks and a box safely like lynch coming downhill. Mosley I trust. The rest, let’s see.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah I think that's why they wanted to convert a S to WLB, the guy hunting the RB has to be blazing fast (for a LB, a la Derrick Brooks), and a wicked hitter.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  13. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Enunwa was a more than solid WR3.

Noam likes this.
  14. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

The media coverage in places like Jacksonville (and pretty much everywhere else) is so much different than here. I could see Cimini tweeting that but in a snarky in genuine way.

15. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Everyone oohs and aahs over Trevor Lawrence. What I saw was a very good college QB (not "generational talent") surrounded by a very good supporting cast and benefiting from receivers who were often wide open. We'll see if he proves me wrong.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It just depends if Morgan is ready or not. They should be able to tell in the upcoming weeks. I have said for months that I wanted a solid veteran back-up for Wilson. I get that the team is not a Super Bowl contender, but I disagree to just let the season wash away if Wilson goes down. This team has done non-stop losing for a decade. They need to try to start winning in 2021. I am totally fine with Morgan or White if they step up and Douglas/Saleh think they can win games if Wilson goes down. If they don't feel that way, then they need to make a move before the season.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I just listened to the Saleh, Moses, and JFM interviews and loved them. I love that Zach and a number of players are staying late after practice having extra sessions to get better, and how the players and units are helping each other to get better. There seems to be a better team spirit, and more energy than I ever remember hearing. The players seem to like each other, and are having fun, which is important. I love that we will be playing an attacking D rather than the read and react crap.

If we aren't on the road to something special, I'm going to be absolutely gobsmacked and flummoxed. It sounds like the CS and players are really working well together, everyone is focused, excited to be here, is energetic, happy, working hard, and with the talent we have, that just has to pay dividends down the road in the not too distant future. Like most young teams and teams with rookie HCs, rookie QBs, and rookie OCs, I'm sure there will be some ups and downs, some "oops" moments, some youthful mistakes, and they will need to learn how to win and put teams away, but I think they have the smarts, the energy and drive to be the best they can be, the talent, and team unity is going to create something special.

I can't wait to see all the naysayers, skeptics and cynics won over. It's going to happen. Hold onto your hats, it's gonna be quite a ride this season, and then in 2022 and 2023, watch out!

#317 NCJetsfan, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

anglophile,m8?

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

How the hell would they know? Lol

Just turn your phone sideways and hit record. If they ask, "I'm taking photos".

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Pads are on today. I want to hear about the Lawson Becton matchup, the run game and if Moore keeps the hype going now that they can hit him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.