Mehta: non jets employee is controlling teams budget

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Jul 29, 2021.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

cmcm750203 and Noam like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You got it pal. How about this report: there is a person named Jamie in the org who is basically controlling Johnson, while using Woody's anus as an occasional point of entry. He does not like Zack, since he reminds him of his bastard stepson, and was the primary reason for delay in signing of the contract. The report hasn't been discredited yet...

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

As much of a dickbag as Mehta is, I wouldn't be surprised if he had an arrangement like this.

It's not as if organizations (football or otherwise) don't have money people handling the money...

abyzmul, MoWilkBeast and regan62072 like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Not everything garbage reporters say is false. It's not like Mehta is saying anything groundbreaking here or damning.

Woody has his private investment management company invested in watching the books of his biggest financial moneymaker? Shocking! Disturbing! Must be false because Mehta is a dickhole!

Ralebird and FJF like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The report is not really that there is some management company, but basically that Ira is the reason for impasse. It's just idiotic. If you believe that, then why not assume the report I made up above to be true until discredited? Maybe Jamie, Woody's lover, is holding off negotiations? Do you have hard proof otherwise?

While a part of the story may be true, the suggestion that Ira is the reason for impasse is something that does not have to be discredited. It needs to be proven to be believed. Otherwise it's just empty words Mehta is known for.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

The guy who manages the money is probably the source for making sure the Jets get the best financial terms for the Jets which are fall under his financial management responsibilities in terms of asset management?

I don't know if it's true or not as you do not either. But it's not like it's some sort of asinine claim, nor does it really matter.

Someone in the Jets organization or involved in the financials of the Jets organization wanted to make sure they dictated the terms of contract negotiations for the best situation for the Jets - what is untrue about this? Furthermore - why does it matter so much to you?

I personally think it was bad business to do this to the guy whose face will be printed on the tickets but he's signed and will be in camp so I guess the Jets won the Battle and made the right decision.

8. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

Exactly! I don’t get the surprise or “outrage” with this. Manish knows a certain segment fans will eat it up though because… Well…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, Jets made the right decision - a standard decision actually, which was delayed by asshole agent. Now Zach struggled in his first practice against a defense on the 3d day of install. No big deal, I think he will make it up. I am just surprised people are giving any credit to Mehta's report that some dude named Ira who is a non football consultant, stalled negotiations. Again, this is just as credible as a story that Woody's lover stalled it. Sounds ridiculous, but there are no hard facts to discredit.

Why I care is that I see people bashing the our own team ownership, JD, our QB's family earlier, etc, without a good reason, and using anything to support this bashing, even if it is some asinine report by someone with very little credibility. Yeah, it has not been discredited, like my made up story, and carries exactly as much weight. I just feel as fans the burden of proof to shitting all over our own team should be a bit higher, but yes, deal is done, and we will have to agree to disagree.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Mehta has 0 credibility so who cares what he says. stop giving him clicks

11. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Who is in desperate need of a proctologist to remove his head from his arse.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

You've really chosen a dumb hill to die on. Ira Akselrad is involved in the Jets. Sorry that makes you mad.

Whether he was directly involved in this or his people were or not is open for debate. But it's not a wild stretch.

All Mehta is saying is that the Jets have a bunch of bean counters in place so that Woody never loses a dime he shouldn't.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jppelz...-expert-in-charge-in-2020-not-a-bean-counter/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jppelz...uld-help-decide-todd-bowles-future-with-jets/

https://nypost.com/2014/11/06/pressure-builds-for-woody-to-act/

#32 Jonathan_Vilma, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    abyzmul likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Wow. You've just spent significant time showing Ira have had some involvement with the Jets in 2010s and is involved with Johnson financially in some capacity. Does that mean he stalled Zach's negotiations as Mehta claims? You are making an unbelievably huge or as you put it, dumb, leap here just because you don't like Woody. Go find a few more articles about Ira's connection to Johnson. If you come across one where Ira is handling negotiations with rookies instead of JD, let's talk. Just make sure it's not by Mehta Sports.

regan62072 likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Except your own interpretation leads you to believe myself or Mehta's tweet indicate that he handled the negotiations directly. Neither were said like that. But negotiations are never final until the financial and legal departments sign off on it. Not sure what you do for work but this is pretty standard especially in high leverage negotiations. Salesmen can handshake at a table but until the agreement is drawn up and signed it's not official.

It took me about five minutes to compile all of that. "an incredible amount of time"

What Mehta said is that the Jets count every bean. Again, in the three different companies I've worked at before becoming salaried now, they've questioned overtime (one company did $200 million a year in revenue nationally with 2,000+ employees). I worked in marketing. If I had six hours of overtime promoting the company, the national bean counter would ask my boss why just to make sure it was productive. I think it came to something like $250 pre-tax.

The Jets financial department obviously won't give in on this policy. Ira is obviously tied to that being Woody's chosen all encompassing bean-counter that has probably made him hundreds of millions of not a billy.

You just won't back down because you're too deep into the silly argument.

It's not even a slight to anyone. Both sides tried to get the best deals for their clients. Good on Wilson, his side and the Jets. That's what you hire agents and lucrative financial departments for.

abyzmul likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I am not backing down, because you are unable to see the obvious and sound ridiculous in the process. There is NOTHING indicating that Ira stalled Zach's negotiations. Nothing. Do you understand that? What are some facts or actual sources that have real information Ira was involved in stalling this? Mehta just spoke out of his ass as usual. You are creating imaginary scenarios, conjectures, coming up with some possibilities, to show that it COULD have theoretically happened, no matter how improbable. Why? Because you don't like Johnson, think he is cheap, and Mehta's "report" fits the narrative, so you are all over it. Facts be damned.

The report is fake news, you just dislike Johnson too much to see it.

regan62072 and Mogriffjr like this.
  16. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Can this guy just go away!!! When you pick up a rock in a damp area you know what you usually see are slugs. This guy is a slug!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

17. Jonathan_Vilma

You haven't been reading anything I've been writing and instead have gone on these rants because you're upset that people criticize this franchise in any way shape or form. The same franchise that is arguably the worst in football for the past decade and you can take that one step further to all of sports. Aren't the Mariners the only team with a longer playoff drought?

But yeah you're right. The finance department is definitely not the one that drew the line in the sand to push for it. It's not like they've ever done this before Douglas, right?

https://www.nj.com/jets/2018/07/sam_darnold_holdout_what_was_point_of_jets_fightin.html

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...-signs-rookie-contract-to-end-one-day-holdout

Ralebird and abyzmul like this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I have been reading what you wrote, but I am wondering if you have? I know you are no investigative reporter, but you must recognize that just because Ira is connected to Johnson in financial advisory capacity and had some involvement in 2010s, that doesn't mean he was the reason Zach's negotiations reached a stalemate now. I mean you could make anything up like this. Jets select Perriman over Anderson at Ira's advice. Jets had a framework to trade for Rogers and Watson, while keeping #2 overall, nixed by Ira over Deshaun's and Roger's contracts. Ira forces JD to trade Adams. Anything can go if you believe Ira stalled Zach. You are just so blinded by hatred towards Johnsons you are willing to swallow any report that fits that narrative, no matter how ridiculous or unsubstantiated it is.

I have criticized the Jets plenty before - I felt very strongly for instance Gase should have been fired after year one, in spite of strong finish, because he only coaches offense and offense was the worst in League, just like the year before for Miami, while QB who was just OK under him prospered without. But there is a difference between criticizing FO for events like this and being brainwashed to the point of believing an asinine report by Mehta as the truth, just because it paints Jets in a negative light.

regan62072 likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Mehta never said he was the direct reason. He implied there was influence from the man who counts the beans and if you understand the relationship you can see why there was an impasse. You take it as him being a direct hand at the negotiating table which is not the purpose of the tweet.

But whatever, it's been beaten into the ground. You have a one track mind on this matter and don't want to draw a logical conclusion because you're too busy trying to defend the team.

Is it just a coincidence that the Jets have not made this concession across at least two different regimes? Three players in four years have been among the last (if not THE last) players signed over these exact terms.

It's the finance department, bro. The bean counters who are monitored by Mr. Akselrad.

abyzmul likes this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Ahh, now I get it. Because it is a Jets NFL franchise (which Woody owns) long standing policy not to waive offsets for rookies (practice 30 of 32 NFL teams follow), and Ira is president of Johnson Co, also owned by Woody, and may have high level responsibility for Johnson Co budget, he is the reason for stalled negotiations with Zach Wilson and Jets franchise. Anything else is simply illogical conclusion. Serious question, do you realize how badly you are brainwashed into hating the ownership?