The 2021 Jets and Beyond have a Bright Future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 23, 2020.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Not me. That was a joke. Easy schedule, garbage wins, and just not good product. Bad coaching and plain bad football. Quite frankly hard to watch full game. And I have watched every jet game last 20+ yrs since directv Sunday ticket. They were putrid most of year with lucky wins second half. Wins are wins, but that team was not headed in right direction. But opposite. As we saw last year. That said I see the turnaround this year, football will be fun to watch again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noam, BudJet and K'OB like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Love to see it! Fans are excited to see Robert Saleh, but the rest of the coaching staff he has assembled is also really exciting. The Jets have a young roster too, so the coaching will be more important than ever.

cval, barfolomew and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm not sure many people on here were fooled but my memory may be faulty.

The one's showing the most hesitancy just love to wallow in misery.

No point in following sport if you can't get excited in the off-season, I mean, don't be going mental and screaming Superbowl champs etc but to get a little excited at the way we are quietly putting together a franchise-changing staff and you know what dude, Superbowl winners in the making lol ;)

#484 K'OB, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    BudJet likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

The Dark Knight, Noam and barfolomew like this.
  6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

7. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

It can easily be looked at through a dark sider lens:
    GM who has done nothing but lose and has ZERO great players drafted so far (Becton looks good, but did not stay on the field last year). His best move so far might have been trading away the worst QB in the league since he was drafted.
    Completely unproven rookie head coach
    Great "on paper" draft but won't know for years if it was really good or not and we've had those MANY times in the past that end up being shitty.
    FA signings that again look good on paper and seem to match what the Jets need, but have yet to do anything here...

I stand by my "I'll believe it when I see it from the Jets." Don't confuse that with not wanting it to work. I'd love nothing more that having Wilson win rookie of the year, Becton being a top 5 or 10 tackle and the rest of the team drastically improving from the sun baked dumpster water we've seen lately, but maybe 35+ years has me jaded...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried a craft beer? What is it Bud or Miller?

9. NCJetsfan

10. NCJetsfan

11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

It's funny how having a "bright future" previously referred to a team who was competitive and made the playoffs several times within a ten year span. Since when did sucking on a consistent basis give one hope for a successful future?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Steelers have been one of the least analytically minded teams in the league for quite some time. Jets took one of their entry level analysts.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Whenever that question was asked when Sanchez did Jets West or Darnold did his thing and certain players were absent, the answer usually ended up being a prior commitment like a kids' summer football camp, since that is when those tend to happen.

The Dark Knight and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

It's a step in the right direction, and hopefully progress.

16. The Dark Knight

Well, that would not make someone think the future is bright. All of the moves Joe Douglas has made, the hiring of Robert Saleh, the young and talented roster, the future draft picks and cap space the Jets have, lead me to believe the future is bright. Looking back on the last 10 years is irrelevant at the moment.

NCJetsfan, PJ4Ever and cval like this.
  17. The Dark Knight

After final cuts and the moves made today, I still feel the future is bright and I am really excited for the 2022 Jets. They will probably be the best team the Jets have fielded since going to back to back AFC Championship Games in 2009 and 2010.

The 2021 Jets though? I am not sure. Robert Saleh and Joe Douglas both seemed noncommittal about success or expectations this season when they spoke today. With injuries and the youth infusion to the roster, I am starting to realize this season will be another tough one as far as wins are concerned. That's okay. Hopefully this is the last subpar season the Jets have for a long time. Maybe the young guys will surprise us though too. Time will tell. I am still excited though. You can't help but feel optimistic when you see how the Jets are being run by Saleh and how the players are responding. I think if fans are patient (hopefully one last time), they will finally be rewarded in the upcoming years.

Noam, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is what it looks like turning over an entire roster and building through the draft. You are going to have positions that are weak and young until you can start placing high draft picks in those spots.

Next year Douglas has 10 picks and the 2nd highest cap space. We have 4 damn picks in the first two rounds. 2021 is going to be a lot of fun watching the youth progress and watching Zach Wilson, but 2022 is going to be awesome seeing what we can build with all our picks and the money to spend.

If we hit on the QB, which many think we did, we are golden. Time to start adding pieces around him.

The Dark Knight, NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That's called being realistic, which will get posters excoriated on TGG.

20. The Dark Knight

Yeah, agreed 100%! Well said.
    Nah, I think we have many realistic fans on TGG. Some are more positive than others, some are more negative. At the moment, I think fans should just relax and see how the team looks the first few weeks because we truly do not know yet.

Noam likes this.