Have optimism but also don't expect much in 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, Jul 23, 2021.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very good point. That would work for me.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

With the loss of Knapp and the impending trade of Maye, it’s looking like the Jets might be the 5 win team people think they will be

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't see 5 wins on the schedule.

I think the Jets could go 1-16 pretty easily and I'm expecting 3-4 wins tops.

BrowningNagle, Ralebird and jilozzo like this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Why is every year YeAR 1 oF thE rEbUiLd?

6. PJ4Ever

Jets already have a QB coach. Knapp was the passing game coordinator.

7. PJ4Ever

Well then they need to hire a new QB coach. Saying he’s of no help is absurd, btw he was also working a ton w Wilson during camp.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

agree. finally some realism. could easily start 1-7 or so.

key will be the final 6 games and what improvement occurs.

if all goes well we should see a jump in 2022 and possible WC contention.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Can you expand on why you think they can "go 1-16 pretty easily" because I sure as hell am not seeing what you're seeing on that schedule.

I think most of the games on the Jets schedule are winnable games, there's only a few that I look at and say "no shot"

REVISion and Noam like this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The reason he feels that way and the reason he has been making these non stop negatives posts is he is a big Sam Darnold fan and he argued vehemently to keep Sam. Now his every post seeks to justify his previous supported opinion of keeping Sam. So in his eyes everything JD and the Jets do is wrong. I would not be surprised if he roots for the Jets to lose every game.

What he does not seem to understand is that is possible to root for Sam and for the Jets just as it is possible that Sam could do well in Carolina but it was still the best for both parties to move on.

Imagesrdecieving, FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

Only time I won't be rooting for Sam is week 1.

The Jets coaching got a significant upgrade, they finally got a couple edge rushers that can clean up after the DL, and they have 5 legitimate NFL receivers. I don't see how someone could think the Jets can "pretty easily" be the worst team in the league.

Also, did I mention that they got rid of one of the worst coaches in league history?

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They were a complete dumpster fire FAILURE last year and still went (2-14), and that included the Monday Night Football game against the Patriots and the Raiders game, which both should have been wins. Now they have made upgrades at most positions and their coaching staff, yet you think they could go (1-16) pretty easily? Actually no. It would be pretty difficult to be that horrendous. It would take many injuries, and bad draft picks and free agent signings by Douglas, not to mention he hired a terrible coach in Robert Saleh. I don't see any of that being accurate.

13. NYJFOREVER

Can also argue they could have won the game against the Chargers as well.

People are really sleeping on how good this defensive line is going to be. The Jets DL was top 10-12 in QB pressures last year but bottom 12 in sacks; now the Jets have actual edge rushers. To add to that, the Jets had next to no offensive skill talent, now the Jets have 5 legitimate NFL receivers instead of 1 on their team.

Imagesrdecieving and REVISion like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It may have been hyperbole or over stated, but take a look at his resume and tell me how much help you think he could be at this point in his career.

15. NCJetsfan

I'm fully aware of what their titles are/were. I'm not some ignorant poster who throws opinions out there willy nilly without knowing the facts and details involved. For all intents and purposes, Knapp was functioning as the QB Coach. It was a huge part of his responsibility to develop the three young QBs and also Calabrese.

16. NCJetsfan

He thinks the roster is awful and that JD is doing an awful job. He doesn't like Zach.

17. NCJetsfan

Exactly! That poster is blinded by his temper tantrum that JD didn't do things the way he thought that JD should. At this point, regarding the team, it's play, and its W-L record, he is delusional/refusing to see reality because it doesn't match what he wanted and thought best. It's a shame. He can be an excellent poster on other topics.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No chance. Coaches grind. Few would leave a cushy tv deal to be a position coach unless coaching is his dream job. If he hadn’t tried to be a coach yet he won’t now.

MoWilkBeast, NCJetsfan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Maye is going to get traded.
    Williams has a lis-franc problem with his foot (obviously based on the surgical status)
    Becton is overweight and having issues with his health (read between the lines)
    Mosley hasn't played in 2 years.
    The HC is a rookie.
    The DC and OC are both rookies.
    The QB is a rookie.
    Most of the other talent on offense are rookies.
    The guy they planned to have smooth out the passing game is not going to be there and they lost him late in the process (RIP plz)

Anybody who thinks this team is not going to be a total dumpster fire this year hasn't been keeping tabs on the news lately.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

3-4 wins tops after winning 2 games last year, having an extra game on the schedule this year, an entirely new coaching staff and entirely revamped offensive personnel? Seems quite darksider to me.

HomeoftheJets likes this.