Compulsory Covid jabs for Premier League players

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Leicester Jet, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

"Premier League staff and players face compulsory vaccination against Covid-19 as part of a Government plan to keep sport going if there is a winter lockdown. The Government announced earlier this week that fans would require a Covid Pass showing their vaccination status to attend matches"

"Now Sportsmail has learned that this guidance will also apply to players and other match day personnel. and negative tests will no longer be enough for players. Top-flight clubs now face a race against time to ensure their players receive two jabs within the stipulated eight week window"

https://web.mailsubscriptions.co.uk...rtDate=2021-07-22&id=2514922&storyNum=102#102

I wonder if the NFL will have to do this if not enough players get vaccinated voluntarily?

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

As of 5 days ago about 73% of players had been vaccinated so I don't think it will be too big an issue. Should have a few more jabbed before training camp starts to get the numbers up.

3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Am I right in thinking its just one jab in the USA?

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It's 2 for Moderna and Pfizer vaccines and one for J&J, not sure if they are still giving the J&J right now

Leicester Jet likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They’re still doing the j n j

The Waterboy likes this.