Greg Knapp Lost His Life ( RIP)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Jul 20, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL How did this post get reversed? The part that was quoted first above was my post, not jetstopgun's. The second part that is quoted is jetstopgun, not mine.

jetstopgun, Noam and patleahy like this.
  2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

LOL How did this post get reversed? The part that was quoted above was my post, not jetstopgun's. The second part that is quoted is jetstopgun, not mine.[/QUOTE]

yeah I was wondering the same thing....I had to ask myself: "wait who is the truck driver, jetstopgun or NC?!" lol

Noam likes this.
  3. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Oh boy.

Have we gotten to the point where we can't freely say "God" on the Internet anymore?

Footballgod214 and Savatage like this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m incredibly sadden. My thoughts and prayers are with him. I’m quite familiar with the biking dangers as I have biked in LA for many years. Got hit but a car once but luckily I was not injured, although my bike was a mess. Ever since cell phones surfaced however, biking has been far more more dangerous and you literally take your life in your hands when you do it, with so many numb nuts texting while driving.

5. patleahy

@LAJet LA you got hit by a car while cycling and you weren't injured at all?! not even a scratch?!

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Not even a scratch. He was forced to the bike line by another merging car and luckily applied the brakes, hit my rear rim and crushed it, but the impact propelled me forward a bit and was able to unclick and dismount. It was freaking miraculous and the end of my road biking days around the hills of Palos Verdes. I bike the beach path now once in awhile. That is it.

NCJetsfan, patleahy and Noam like this.
  7. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I don’t know?? My iPhone playing tricks with me lol

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

@patleahy, If you go back and look, I'll bet you'll find that the "bold" in the post where you quoted @Noam crossed over the square bracket "]" of the "Quote" switch of Noam's post.

It happens!!
    [QUOTE="Noam, post: 4100853, member: 13400"]People drive so insanely with no respect for cyclists or their safety. It is even worse now with people looking at their cell phones. I hope he recovers quickly.[/QUOTE]

#28 RPOZ51, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  9. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Shit. Hope he recovers.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

No, that's not the issue. Many Jews don't write or type out the whole name b/c we don't want the name erased or thrown in the garbage. For example, if I was sending you a letter in the mail (I know that's ancient history), I wouldn't write the whole name b/c you would probably throw out the letter at some point. It's debatable whether it's necessary on the internet. I'm erring on the side of caution.

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Thats terrible, hopefully he makes it through.

Exactly why I prefer mountain biking over road biking. Can't trust drivers.

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Same here. I used to do a lot of road biking but switched to mountain biking in the 90s as it seemed so much safer.

patleahy likes this.
  13. patleahy

just be careful @JackBower

14. patleahy

shit dude, glad to hear you escaped without even a scratch. :)

LAJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't realize that. I thought our PC world had run wildly amok.

Thanks for the explanation!

dmw likes this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Reading through more articles and tweets things do not sound good at all. A yahoo news article quotes his wife who said they are asking for god to grant them a miracle. One other one said he is clinging to life. The accident has been described as horrific. A motorist served into the bike lane to avoid a merging car taking out Knapp.

I would imagine if he can make it through a few more days things might look a bit more positive. Here is hoping.

dmw, Borat, NCJetsfan and 1 other person like this.
  17. patleahy

thanks for the additional info/update @Noam you're right, it doesn't sound good at all.

18. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Terrible news, hoping for the best.

patleahy likes this.
  19. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Not to start a different discussion, or take away from the gravity of Coach Knapp's situation, but irresponsible cyclists are also often the cause of dangerous situations.

In New York City, cyclists (usually messengers, but others too) are notorious for ignoring traffic signals, silently weaving in and out between moving cars, turning from the wrong lane, and buzzing pedestrians in crosswalks.

NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Prays and thoughts for him and his family.

While I respect the opinions of all of you... I have experienced a different perspective regarding cyclists. I live in the foothills of Scottsdale AZ. We get bikers from all over the place that like to ride here... there are bile lanes and there are laws/rules that bikers are supposed to follow, i.e., ride two abreast in bike lane only or single file if road construction.

I have witness on many occasions cyclist blowing through stop signs into main thoroughfares, riding four abreast two outside the bike lane and refusing to move over when traffic comes or not signaling when they turn left or right and just turn in-front of cars. I

So while I agree there are a lot of terribly bad drivers, there are also some bad cyclists. My point is, be aware of your surroundings (sort of like situational football) at all times because it only takes a split second to cause serious injury.

As a former motorcyclist I can attest that drivers do not see you all the time, i.e., I was riding down garden State Parkway in NJ years ago to LBI and a BUS - that is right - a bus ran me off the road... I was able to keep the bike upright as i went down an embankment after the Barnegat-Bay toll booth, but got to tell you my heart was in my throat. I sold the bike three days later...