Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'The Midnight Meat Train' with Bradley Cooper. A+ for gore. Was probably the F train, haha. It's a great concept considering the abattiors of old New York, but gets mired down by nonsense in the end. I am a fan of Clive Barker's art, btw. Molto rispetto.

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

3. jetophile

The gift that keeps on giving. I was 14 when the original came out, and people were literally screaming in the theatre. I'm talking screaming, like audiences did for 'Psycho'. Some of it is kind of campy when you see it now, but it was groundbreaking in a lot of ways, and most of the camp was purposeful. "This is going nowhere", hahaha. John Carpenter rules, and he deserves his place in the horror pantheon. I love when the kids are watching 'The Thing', you can't make it up. 'Escape From New York' to this day (although not horror) is a favorite of mine. I'm gonna feel so bad when John Carpenter kicks. His musical scores really work while I'm at it, and who knew 'They Live' would be so prescient. CONSUME! OBEY! Thanks for the head's up. Halloween should be a national holiday, it's the best. Fck Christmas movies . . . unless there's murder in it.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

28 Days Later
    Alien
    Aliens
    A Nightmare on Elm Street
    Even Horizon
    Leviathan
    The Thing (80’s)
    Halloween
    The Host
    It (90’s)
    Cabin in the Woods
    Evil Dead
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (70’s)

5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Hi, Jeto. I haven't seen any of your posts in a while. I enjoy them. It's good to see.

According to IMDB, there will be another one next year called, Halloween Ends."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10665342/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

"The saga of Michael Myers and Laurie Strode ends."

jetophile likes this.
  6. jetophile

Hah, another flick I also saw in the theatre original release was 'Alien'. More screaming. The chest burst scene of course; but the move Dallas scene, SURPRISE! I saw it a few years later in college on movie night and people were shrieking as in get me the f outta here. It was like a William Castle presentation.

Yaphet Kotto was so good in that. "Get out of the way, Lambert!" I know that I've mentioned this before in the past because it'll be always up for debate if the alien raped her. I'll always be mixed, but a good deal of it got left on the cutting room floor.

EDIT & P.S.: I know that I mentioned this before, but the actor who played the original alien was crazy tall, as in 6'10". He was Nigerian and died of sickle cell anemia. : /

#326 jetophile, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  7. jetophile

'The Beast of Yucca Flats'. It's terrible, and that's why you should love it. It has Tor Johnson of Ed Wood fame in it. It's lip-synched and nothing matches up. It's like the worst badly dubbed Japanese monster flick that I've ever seen, but somehow better . . . ? Hahaha.

8. jetophile

Maybe mentioned in here . . . ? 'The Prestige'. I saw it again not long ago and liked it even more. I've always been a fan of illusion.

I decided to edit for spoilers.

#328 jetophile, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  9. jetophile

'Crawlspace'.

10. jetophile

'Don't Breathe 2'. Coming to a theatre near you.

11. jetophile

It's terribly hilarious, but the monster is kind of OK.

12. jetophile

'Dog Soldiers'.

13. jetophile

'Theatre of Blood' with Vincent Price. And everybody knows how much I adore Vincent Price. It's so campy and great, it's a hoot. Over the top horror comedy, it even has Diana Rigg in it, Big Blocker's gf. Gonna drag it out of the vault the week of Halloween. Every week should be Vincent Price week, btw.

14. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Did anyone wath Lexx the sci fi channel series? I was too young when it came out but heard it was good. Any thoughts?

15. jetophile

I saw an episode or two. Gory but kinda dumb. I tuned out and never watched again.

barfolomew likes this.
  16. jetophile

'Hard Candy' with Ellen Page. I mean, Elliot Page. Mostly to say don't do it unless you have a cast iron stomach. It's, uh, disturbing. The only thing worse is probably 'An American Crime', which I was barely able to sit through years ago, ugh.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Don't know if anybody has caught it but Van Helsing on Netflix is a really nice take on the vampire apocalypse theme. It's not quite The Walking Dead but it is close enough to be worth a look-see.

18. jetophile

'My Heart Can't Beat Unless You Tell it To', with Patrick Fugit and one of the actors from 'Super Dark Times' (Owen Campbell). The sister is way creepy. This guy kills homeless people to supply his brother with blood and he starts to unravel because he feels morally conflicted. Blood is thicker than water, you know. It has its moments, but it's overhyped IMO.

19. jetophile

It's the most wonderful time, it's the nost wonderful time, it's the most wonderful time of the year! No, not Christmas, hello! Halloween!

I'm gettin' them all lined up. The flicks, I mean. Wooo, let's go!

Royal Tee likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member