Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Just like film, books comedy...

I like to separate the art from the artist.

My only concern about what these guys do off the field is how it impacts their performance on it. I root for the NY Jets and occasionally there are a few players that wind up being easy to root for based on their personality or story.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

KingRoach, Mogriffjr and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

^^^^^ THIS

patleahy likes this.
  3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

100%
    [​IMG]

Mogriffjr likes this.
  4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

watching w/ no sound for years

5. NCJetsfan

6. NCJetsfan

7. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Yes i love when PFF covers us!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks NC. Many people are underestimating his untapped potential as we move forward to the new season with a young but fun offense, a better line, a more strategic running game, and arguably our deepest WR corps in many, many years. He will thrive in the new environment. Add a promising new QB, a much improved CS, and I can for once see plenty of good things to look forward to as a Jet fan. Win or loose, 2021 will be anything but boring and depressing, but fun and exciting.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

https://sports.yahoo.com/nate-burleson-high-denzel-mims-141611255.html?guccounter=1

Nate Burleson high on Denzel Mims: He’s Jets’ ‘easy money sniper’
    Tyler Calvaruso
    Sun, July 18, 2021, 10:16 AM

Tyler Calvaruso
    Sun, July 18, 2021, 10:16 AM·3 min read

[​IMG]

Denzel Mims gave the Jets plenty of reasons to look forward to his future throughout his rookie year, as he showcased his ability as a dangerous deep threat on a weekly basis.

Now the Baylor product is a candidate to be one of football’s breakout wide receivers in 2021.

Good Morning Football’s Nate Burleson recently provided five breakout receiver candidates for this upcoming season. Mims checked in at No. 4 on the list.

“Denzel Mims is one of my favorite young wide receivers who is a fantastic talent,” Burleson said. “Last year he had just under 400 yards in nine games. He was averaging about 15 yards a pop and we know this offense struggled. They couldn’t keep the quarterback clean, the quarterback couldn’t stay healthy. There was just no rhythm and consistency, but still, this guy had plays that we could look at and say ‘You know what? This guy is going to be quite the talent.’ Five of his 23 catches last season went for 25 yards or more, so we know that he’s a big-play guy.”

Before Mims can experience a true breakout, he will first have to master the art of short and intermediate route running. Mims spent most of the spring working with New York’s second-team offense due in large part to his inability to consistently break off crisp underneath routes — a staple of Mike LaFleur’s west coast offense. Mims missed time with an illness, but even when he was back to 100 percent, it was rookie Elijah Moore claiming a large chunk of outside receiver reps in place of the injured Corey Davis.

With Moore moving up in the pecking order during minicamp and OTAs, Davis set to return in training camp, Braxton Berrios forming chemistry with Zach Wilson, Keelan Cole impressing, and Jamison Crowder set to return after reworking his contract, Mims will have to battle for a starting spot among a crowded wide receiver room that is littered with players who are a better fit playing in a west coast offense.

LaFleur said in June that he would like to see Mims improve running routes between the numbers, but he is still high on what the 23-year-old brings to the table. Every offense — even the ones predicated on short, quick passes — needs a viable deep threat and Mims gives the Jets just that.

Once he develops into a more complete pass catcher, New York might have itself a game-breaking player it can turn to whenever it needs a spark.

“Offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur compared him to Kevin Durant,” Burleson said. “I know you’re saying, ‘Whoa, whoa. Kevin Durant? Isn’t that dude skinny?’ Yeah, but he’s skinny and he’s long and he has range. The quote is actually: ‘He has a wingspan like Kevin Durant. He has tons of range. As the longball gets around him anywhere, he can catch that thing.’ So, we know he can be — I guess you could say — the easy money sniper within this offense. Shoutout to Denzel Washington Mims because he is a beast. He will be the equalizer within this offense for the Jets.”

10. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

So he's basically .97 Julio Jones but young? Abyzmul, where you hiding?