Thanks Marv Albert

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by papapump, Jul 4, 2021.

1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Last night was the end of a true icons broadcasting career. He was one of the all time greats. In the NBA broadcasts, nothing was better than his signature, “YES”, whenever a shot went down.

Marv also did football, hockey, and I’m sure other sports. I can still remember listening to those Knicks games on my transistor radio, and feeling like I was there.

Thanks for making some of my all time memories that much fonder. Good luck with retirement. I’m sure that your wife, four children, eight grandchildren, and two pugs will keep you happy.

Thanks Marv!

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Loved Marv but he pissed me with the saving my voice for the Knicks in '94 refusing to do the Rangers Cup games....his son is just as good as him

papapump likes this.
  3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, but basketball was his passion.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Unfortunately one of my biggest memories of Marv Albert was when he got arrested for sexual assault during kinky sex in a hotel room and alledgedly bit that woman. She didn't seem very reliable, and if I recall, the defense couldn't introduce something or other, I forget now.

He originally pleaded not guilty to all of the charges and was gpimg to trial, but he wound up taking a plea and got a suspended sentence when another witness came forward. He was wearing women's panties and a garter belt. She ripped off his toupee to get away. She didn't want to have a threesome or something. It was really salacious.

#4 jetophile, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

"Ewing from 20 feet ... Yes."

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

"DeBusschere from the top of the key .... Yes!"

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Seems to me that Marv’s pervy history alone should have given this thread more legs. That guy’s fall is right up there with all the greats - the Coz, OJ, Todd Bridges, Screech, Tom Selleck doing reverse mortgage ads. . .

Noam likes this.