UEFA Euro 2020(2021)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jun 5, 2021.

1. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Vindalooooooooooo Na Naaaaaa

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

That was pathetic as fuck. I've never seen such a giant group of wusses as the English team. More diving than you see at a swimming pool.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Terrible penalty call made worse by the brief moment of jubilation of the save quickly turning to the despair of the goal on the rebound.

4. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Mancini sounds almost like Mangini. I remember a lot of Italian fans saying that he was a very bad choice since he had not been a good coach. Obviously he learned what he was doing wrong and stopped doing it and then he learned how to build a system that asks the players to do what they do best instead of asking them to do things they are not really good at so that they can play in the system. Mangini was very stubborn in running a system that had Vilma and D Robertson play out of their natural positions. We all know the career Vilma went on to have after he was traded and played where he was supposed to play. Bottom line, Mancini learned and Mangini never did.

Brook! likes this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Viva Italia!

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Great job by England's coaching staff. One of the dumbest penalty shootout lineup selections ever....

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

10. matt robinson 17

11. matt robinson 17

12. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Sorry England fans congrats Italy fans. Man southgate threw saka to the wolves. Should have never put him it that position.

Petrozza and Leicester Jet like this.
  13. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Okay I do not watch a ton of soccer and it has been decades since I even played it as a kid. I am curious to get the opinion of the folks on here regarding the horse collar take down Chienilli put on Saka.
    My question is if that is only a yellow card what would constitute a red card in soccer? Seems to me that a blatant foul like that would get a player a red card but from what I read on online a lot of folks are calling it a good tactical foul. I just don’t understand how a player could pull that twice before being sent off.

14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It would probably need to be an obvious scoring chance to be a straight red card. Shirt pulling, even as obvious and cynical as that was will rarely result in a red card. The over the top of the ball tackle on Grealish that resulted in him being studded on the knee could well have been a red. Any tackle that results in studs making contact with a part of the leg is often a sending off.

England, after the first half an hour, reverted to type and Italy were well worth the victory. And some England fans are a disgrace that makes me hope we never host a major tournament again.

Baumeister likes this.