Defending Optimism

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 30, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I made a slide tackle and he came down on my thigh with his back studs and to make it even better he rotated his foot, which tore a hole in my thigh.

The biggest embarrassment was in the operation theatre as the doctor was stitching me back up and an 18yo student nurse who was drop-dead gorgeous was holding my cock out of the way, I was 15yo, it was utterly cruel.

They will have been metal, which used to scuff up nicely on the concrete between the changing rooms and the pitch, it was a different world then.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

That reminds me of this scene in The Sandlot.

3. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

K'OB could have been part* of that miraculous Swansea City Team .. :(

patleahy and K'OB like this.
  4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

@K'OB was one hell of a striker back in the day....it is a damn shame that his addiction to glo-sticks and that ugly gambling/match fixing scandal brought him down....:(:(:(:(

5. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

PJ4Ever likes this.
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I readily admit that as a 47 year-old, lifelong, diehard sufferer that I am a complete and total Darksider. That being said, I'm finding it impossible to not see that we are doing things correctly finally. I really feel like we might have the right GM/Coach combination. I think it's going to come down to how good Wilson is. But I admit, I'm optimistic for the first time in quite a while.

#46 KWJetsFan, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I like the way Douglas has gone about things.

He gutted the team while a second year coach was fighting for his job and nobody cared in the least. That’s impressive. He amassed a wealth of draft picks and signed FA’s that seem logical based on team needs. For fans of good teams that’s just Tuesday. We need more Tuesday’s.

I’m not sure that Douglas and Wilson are attached at the hip, though. I honestly think that if the rest of the team is primed for a run the Johnsons would let Douglas continue the QB search. And they should.

abyzmul likes this.