Why do the Jets feel the need to make Wilson the unquestioned week 1 starter?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFan20, Jun 30, 2021.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

because he did such a great job against troy, utsa, texas state, western kentucky and north alabama after being so dominant in his first 2 seasons that he went into 2020 in a qb battle for the position. i mean why wouldnt the jets bring in a guy who could make the team functional instead of throwing him directly into the fire with absolutely no plan for when or if he needs to take a break or is i dont know, shown to not be a starting caliber qb coming off his amazing season against so many great teams.

i was so happy with this off season until this move.

Ralebird, BrowningNagle and Br4d like this.
  2. alleycat9

maybe a miracle will happen and the fucktard in houston will stop the charade of trying to kill the career of one of the best qbs in the league and the jets will swoop him up and i can be happy.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You know the hate is real when they start quoting themselves in agreement :rolleyes:

The same guy opened the batting for Jamal the mouth but now is gonna pour scorn on the rookie QB.

It is a strange site at times, that's for sure.

Mogriffjr, Jets81, KingRoach and 8 others like this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That dude needs to find a seat on the couch next to Kaepernik because I don't see him playing again in the NFL barring a legal miracle of Cosby-esque proportions.

bicketybam and Pags2112 like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And he still mourns one of the worst posters to ever post on this site. SMH

Noam and K'OB like this.
  6. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

So there's a chance?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

Jets81, K'OB, Pags2112 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I love being optimistic .. But this is no doubt a biased Zach Wilson Hype Repsonse Thread :p

I have no issues with him starting Day 1 .. I also would not hate on him sitting a handful of games (Not happening). IMO this CS seems to take pride in molding their players and bringing in obvious scheme fits. Bring on Training Camp .. Put On Da Pads .. And Let's See What He's Got Preseason!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. nyjetsgreen

nyjetsgreen Active Member

Thats been the problem with this franchise for the past 20 years is Woody and Christopher have done exactly what you posted hiring Mac, Hiring Gase, having both coach and GM report to Woody and Christopher giving the GM no control let Douglas GM and Saleh coach they have a plan its about time both Johnson stay out of running the franchise let the guys they hired do it maybe now this franchise will have success.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Jets have always had great success throwing rookie QBs out there right away. It will work out

Ralebird likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sad to see that you're still going with the SOJ irrational thinking as if what happened in the past has any influence whatsoever on what will happen in the present or the future.. I mean it's not like we have a different GM or CS or anything.

12. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Makes you wonder how many people have multiple accounts and sometimes forget to log out when quoting themselves. Could be way more than I’d originally thought.

14. alleycat9

why so? because of accusations? that have not been in any way shape or form proven? im with you if he did it. but this whole nfl guilty until proven innocent stuff has to go.

hes also better than any qb the jets have ever had, in their history. including joe namath. so theres that. hes a far superior qb to what kaepernick was.

and i question you equating one to the other.

15. K'OB

I literally have no idea what you are talking about.

Are you chatting about Adams or Wilson?

Likely it is both but it is a messy post to attempt to make any sense of, it is very disjointed and doesn't seem to tie in to the post you quoted?

Ralebird and KingRoach like this.
  16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I believe he is talking about Deshaun Watson. I am not sure why and definitely not sure why he is making a Namath comparison. Watson I'd a good QB but still has a lot to prove and the Jets should not touch him with 10 foot pole at this point.

It is not like we could have gotten him or it made sense getting him.

K'OB likes this.
  17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the shanny system is qb friendly. you get a decent o-line, and you can do rb by committee. you do not need first and second round draft picks at rb.

just like in d.c , g.b., denver, s.f. and others , you can let the rookie qb play and learn by experience.

besides, we already saw multiple times that using $10 miilion on an older qb to " mentor " the draftee was nothing but a waste of money.

i would rather spend that money signing a guy like morgan to bolster the o-line instead.

and, should some vet corner shake loose due to cap issues, we could use some of the money saved to bolster that position.

brady was a 6th round pick backing up bledsoe, and cousins was a 4th round pick backing up rg3.

so, no reason we can't let white or morgan back up wilson. we are not going to the playoffs or super bowl this year, anyways.

KingRoach, cval and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

throwing away millions of dollars because you can't keep your mouth shut is supid, and who wants a guy that dumb leading their team?

after 15 years, a guy like favre or rogers is the exception. last time i checked, neither cappy or watson had any VLT rings.

cval likes this.
  19. K'OB

A 10 foot pole you say? o_O

Can get you into all kinds of trouble that :eek:

cval likes this.