Flight 2021 Episodes #1 - #4 a must see

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jun 21, 2021.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Just finished watching these - thought they were very well done. Had a bit of a Hard Knocks feel to them.

I'm trying to temper expectations because I fall for the offseason hype job every year but this team, from a personnel perspective, looks a hell of a lot different than it did last year. Saleh has a commanding presence and from all accounts he seems to be good at connecting with players.

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am enjoying the hype but I have seen things fall apart to often to expect much. Learning how to win is hard. But, I really love the long term approach by the FO. I love the emphasis on younger FAs, developing young players, hoarding cap space, seeking out value in FAs and stockpiling future draft picks. But, I also love the emphasis on spending money and premium picks on premium positions like OL, WR, and edge. I like the emphasis on culture and high character players. I love the patience and calmness of JD and I love how he targets players that fit the scheme of the coaches.

I know things can go wrong but I like how we are building for the future not a quick fix. Most GMs are scared to lose and scared to give young players reps. There is no fear here. They believe in their plan.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We are fans we are not supposed to temper our expectations but I understand. The football season will be a lot more fun if the Jets are playing some meaningful games past September. The last 2 years have been tougher than normal.

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The last decade has been tougher than normal, even for the Jets. We’re playoff starved and staring at a record long drought. Makes it easy to be too positive or negative depending on your natural inclination.

At least there are a lot of fresh faces on the team, and not just FA new, NFL new. Watching their development will be the most interesting part of the season.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

PJ4Ever and abyzmul like this.
  7. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

Saleh comes across as just as a tremendous guy. Really hope it works out for him here.