My Bold Prediction - Jets will win at least 8 games. What's yours?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 29, 2021.

1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

does that include CMan, @NCJetsfan ??!!!!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think CMan is the darkest of the darksiders. I think he is a darksider, but has reasonable skepticism. He doesn't go overboard trashing the team, every move, like some do. CMan is cool. As I've said before, I'm actually surprised that I'm as positive/optimistic as I am. I'm that way by nature, but was ready to quit on the Jets myself prior to JD being hired. That was the turning point for me.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'd be laughing hysterically at you Brook - but since it's now a 17 game season I won't! ;)

patleahy likes this.
  4. patleahy

@NCJetsfan I was just joshin' ya man, I know CMan is cool and reasonable....I just brought him up since he won the "Darksider of the Year" poster award and since his quote is: "when it comes to the Jets believe what you see", lol. Your point about him not being the "darkest/most pessimistic/most critical" of the darksiders is well-taken....if I had been serious, I suppose I should have asked....per your previous post, are you predicting that the Wilson/Saleh are going to lead the Jets to so much unexpected success this year, that even my man @ouchy will be singing their praises and admit he was wrong about everything??? lol ;):D

5. NCJetsfan

Unless Herndon completely turns it around and has a monster season, or Yeboah winds up having a monster season, I definitely think JD drafts a TE next year. It may not be in the 1st round, but I think he drafts one by at least the 3rd round, if not 2nd. The TE position is an integral part of this offense. Right now, we don't have even a very good, much less great TE. SF had 2-3 excellent TEs. I think JD seeks to replicate that. Depending upon whether Moses wants to stay or go to the highest bidder, RT could become a top priority, although I don't think JD drafts one in the 1st round. I think he takes one in the 2nd or 3rd round or maybe even signs one in FA. Similarly, unless whomever wins the starting RG job plays at a high level, or the Jets think that Clark is ready to hand the starting job to next season, I think RG will be a fairly high priority as well, and JD will take one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Aside from that, I think D will be the priority. It's early, but unless players on the roster prove that it's not necessary to draft a player high at their respective positions, I expect DE will be high on JD's and Saleh's prioirty list. CB could be as well, and I definitely think that at a minimum, JD will look to upgrade the depth at both the SAM and MLB positions, and if Davis doesn't play well and get extended, then he'll be looking for a starting SAM in FA or the draft. It's also possible that he could be looking to draft a starting WLB. If Maye doesn't sign an extension or doesn't play well, and Davis doesn't look ready to step into the starting FS position, then FS could be a priority in FA and/or the draft as well.

I don't expect that all of the high/early draft picks will be used on D like they were on offense in the recent draft, but do think that most of the draft picks next year will go to D. Out of the 11 picks (unless JD trades up or adds additional picks), I expect something like at least 7 of the 11 to be used on D (unless every D FA and draft pick pans out and plays at a high level, which isn't very likely), with 3-4 of the first 5 picks going to D.

Noam likes this.
  6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I think that that is a reasonable bold prediction. On my optimistic days I can see this team being average (about 15th-ranked) in both offense and defense, and an average offense and defense should legitimately translate to an average record of 8 or 9 wins (have to remember that 17th game). Six wins or fewer would be disappointing to me, but still okay if it's because of some rookie mistakes from Wilson and Saleh, and especially if those mistakes come at the beginning of the season rather than the end.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Yes, I think even Ouchy will be convinced. If he admits he was wrong, that would be fine, but isn't necessary for me or the board, but would be healthy for him.

KingRoach, Noam and patleahy like this.
  8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

As a fan who has had his hopes raised and dashed more than a few times by this franchise, I hope your bold prediction comes true!!

cval, jixxjr, NCJetsfan and 1 other person like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I hold no bold Predictions...too many have been dashed

But gut says the Jets may be a pleasant surprise come this NFL Season

patleahy likes this.
  10. patleahy

@K'OB ....my second Jets-related BOLD PREDICTION for the season is as follows...The Jets have such a successful, encouraging and exciting season, that beloved YouTuber @PennyandtheJets actually hits 10K subscribers by the end of the season, 9,999 of whom will be die-hard Jets fans and 1 of whom will be a VERY, VERY strange Bears fan!!! ;):);)

#30 patleahy, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My bold prediction is that the Jets are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs until the final week of the regular season.

ColoradoContrails, cval, FJF and 3 others like this.
  12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Himmmmmmmmmm..... I want to see an NFL caliber team fielded. I want to see progress from week to week (not necessarily wins but wins are fine if the team collectively is getting better) but real tangible progress from Coaches, schemes and players, that will result in a good competitive FB team by mid to late season.

I will say you guys better hope that the D line that you think will be good better generate pressure that way you all conceive it; otherwise, it will be painful.

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

My bold prediction is that you will see many of the posts from the Fields vs. Wilson debate reposted by both sides. Should be a blast.

14. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Losmeister and K'OB like this.
  15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Cameron Clark will win a starting guard spot.

Second, Jets will be ranked in the bottom 5 on defense this year.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This is my favorite prediction so far

REVISion likes this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I always admit when I'm mistaken.

I'd like to point out that I'm not really a darksider. My evaluation of our team building is based on logic, data, history, and what I've observed over my life as smart team building. My POV comes from as much objective evaluation as possible to determine a conclusion.

We live in a world where truth welts in the face of people believing what they want to believe over objective truth. Thoughts that make people comfortable/happy become what they embrace as fact/reality. That applies very heavily to this message board.

KingRoach and patleahy like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Good on ya, 'biz!!!

patleahy likes this.
  19. patleahy

lol byz has his moments! ;):):)

20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

mrjet80 likes this.