My Bold Prediction - Jets will win at least 8 games. What's yours?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

From 2 wins to 8 wins. A 6 game jump. Yes probably too optimistic. Hence the statement of Bold Prediction. Bold but I feel like doable. I really think we were held back by Gase and Sam was really a JAG nothing special.

What am I basing my preditction? Coaching first and foremost. Saleh is a rookie but he comes with a lot of endorsements from his previous bosses and players who played for him. He is a well respected guy in NFL circles and he is known to make players play hard. He is the key for culture change and he will create a team not accepting defeat. I have very high hopes for him.

OC - Mike LaFleur. Brother of innovative Packer HC Matt LaFleur. Student of Kyle Shanahan. With the support of Saleh he will at least create a respectable game plan for Wilson. Now it is almost a given we will have a good defense with Saleh to keep us in the games. If Wilson turns out to be the real deal we are there. 8 wins is happening.

Wilson - He is growing on me. I was a Fields guy but what the heck. Glad we ended up with Wilson. IF the kid learns the ropes quick, we will still play meaningful games in November.

There it is folks. That's my Bold Prediction. Let's hear yours eh?

2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

good bold prediction Brook! my BOLD PREDICTION is that Saleh will win Coach of the Year AND Wilson will win the OROY award for their respective performances this season! Count on it, mates!!! ;);):)

NCJetsfan, K'OB and FinnishJET like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't think a 6 game jump is too optimistic. Anything less would be really disappointing. The Jets had to create new ways to lose and be beyond pathetic to go (2-14). Now they have made many changes and added 1 game to the schedule. I think 7 to 10 wins is a fair expectation.

BOLD PREDICTION: The Jets will beat every team in the AFC East at least once during the 2021 season. :cool:

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I think Wilson has the kind of year for the Jets that Herbert had for the Chargers last year. He wins OROY and proves in year 1 that he is a true FQB.

5. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

My Bold Prediction is that the Jets have six players selected for the Pro Bowl, three on offense and three on defense.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBH my boldest prediction right now is that we finish 3rd in our division, ahead of the Pats.

patleahy and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

As written in “Crystal Ball”

Assuming our FAs and Draft Picks are as good as advertised:

The Jets will play the Bills in January for the Division Crown.

Our young unproven secondary might get picked apart by elite QBs but how many elite QBs do we play this year?

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This site will have alot less pointless copy-and-paste lists that really don't amount to anything the next few months.... mark it down bitches!

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Michael Carter oroy
    Bryce Hall pro bowl
    2 guys with double digit sacks

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My predictions are:
    1. We will not hate our team and coach.
    2. We will not root for the Jets to lose.
    3. Watching Jet games will be fun win or lose.
    4. At the first sign of adversity and there will be a lot of adversity a small segment of fans will get very negative and start calling for JD's head but the majority will be happy and understand that progress requires patience.
    5. Watching our offense at times will be fun. When we cannot run the ball things may get difficult but there will be times when the offense looks dominant and look like a NFL offense.
    6. We will have a pass rush that will help our young DBs.
    7. Maye will sign an extension by July 15th.
    8. The Jets will be a lot better the last 4 weeks than the first 4 weeks.
    9. Wilson will make a lot of wow plays but he will make mistakes but not a lot. My guess is Wilson will be under a tight leash and they will open him up as the season goes on.
    10. Moore will get more snaps than any WR or 2nd behind Davis. Mims will be WR number 4 with Cole number 3.
    11. Crowder will get traded by the deadline.
    12. Clarke will not make the team and go on the PS.
    13. But most of all the season will be fun and hope for the future will be present.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Why did DWC get banned?

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Why is the sky blue?

ColoradoContrails, REVISion and Noam like this.
  13. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

That Joe Namath gets lucky with a side line reporter who finds his pickup lines irresistible

14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Lawson will have 13 sacks
    Quinnen will have 11
    JFM will have 6
    Rest of the team will have 12
    Total 42 sacks, up from 31 in 2020

#14 BudJet, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

lol me thinking the Jets got Lawrence from Dallas but sure you meant Lawson.

I’m very excited for this team because I like the youth here.

I’m actually more interested in the defense. The front 4 should generate tons of pressure but there’s major questions about the pass coverage potentially. Hall I actually feel will be the future #1 CB here but there’s a big hole(s) in terms of Bless potential fit, a bunch of rookies basically making up for the rest of the corners here. Not to mention, LB coverage outside of CJ will be a huge question mark. Maye and Joyner will be doing a ton of work to mask these potential warts and teams may go into a quick passing attack I’m sure. I feel the defense may initially struggle until these kids get the reps and see the game slow down to the point where they make better plays on the field.

I actually feel the offense will be good, with the Chargers being a basis on what this team can become from last year. I don’t expect it to be as good but I do feel the vertical passing game will be there with a QB who can push and dictate those types of plays and the necessary talent to make plays downfield. I expect a WAY more exciting team on both sides of the ball, and potentially way more boom and bust plays. It’s going to be exciting and I can def see 7-8 wins with more potential coming. This is a young group and a coaching staff all on their first go around so I want to temper expectations. But I do feel this group will have a better sense of what to do, moreso then the last coaching staff.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I could see 8 games. It would be a solid improvement. I mostly just want to see a team that dislikes losing. There was too much "aw shucks" the last few years

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think you mean Lawson instead of Lawrence.

BudJet likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

My bold prediction is that by the end of the season, even the darkest of the dark siders here will become believers in Zach, JD, and Saleh and will become excited about the Jets' future!

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Our draft next year will most likely go defense, so we're probably looking at our offense for the next 3-4 years already in place. Gotta leave some room for the offense to grow in 2022, and the defense to finish out. So for 2021 let shoot for 10 wins. Next season 5-1 in the afce on our way to a deep PO run!

NCJetsfan likes this.