2021 has yet to begin and Joe Douglas has already positioned himself to strike come 2022

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

(Here, I'll take some time to show you something because depending on which mock you'll pull up you'll see all 6-8 QBs (all) mocked within the 1st round).

Sam Howell. UNC. 2020:
    QB Rating of 179.1.

Matt Corral. Ole' Miss. 2020.
    QB Rating of 177.7.

Spencer Rattler. Oklahoma. 2020.
    QB Rating of 172.6.

Carson Strong. Nevada. 2020.
    QB Rating of 160.6.

Tyler Shough. Oregon. 2020.
    QB Rating of 160.4.

Malik Willis. Liberty. 2020.
    QB Rating of 155.8.

Desmond Ridder. Cincinnati. 2020.
    QB Rating of 152.9.

Kedon Slovis. USC. 2020.
    QB Rating of 144.1.

vs.

Mac
    Jones. Alabama (2019).
    QB Rating of 186.8.

Justin Fields. Ohio State (2019).
    QB Rating of 181.4.

Trey Lance. North Dakota State (2019).
    QB Rating of 180.6.

Trevor Lawrence. Clemson (2019).
    QB Rating of 169.2.

Kyle Trask. Florida (2019).
    QB Rating of 156.1.

Davis Mills.
    QB Rating of 144.8 (2019).

Kellen Mond. Texas A&M (2019).
    QB Rating of 131.1.

Zach Wilson. BYU. (2019).
    QB Rating of 130.8

(Wilson as the one who skyrocketed out of nowhere to the top).

2021's QB class, heading into 2020 (Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, Jones, Trask, Mond and Mills) = Average QB Rating of 160.1.

vs.

2022's QB class heading, into 2021 (Howell, Corral, Rattler, Strong, Shough, Willis, Ridder and Slovis) = Average QB Rating of 162.9.

@Footballgod214 whoever and whichever Jets fans told you that 2022's future QB class "absolutely sucks" either lied to you or doesn't watch a lick of NCAA Football;

Because 2022's top 8 rated QBs grade out better heading into 2021 (statistically speaking) than 2021's top rated 8 QBs did before heading into their 2020 season (as a group).

#21 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    azhar80 and Footballgod214 like this.
  2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Love the breakdown, keep it up.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thank you. Short posts, make your point and move on. Any counter argument is FINE. Accept people's points and move on. Don't get into arguments just to win. Accept to disagree and move on. That way, you will be on your way to become MVP. Not kidding. You bring a lot of content. But your argumentative nature is driving me and others insane. :)

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

• We've got two 1st round picks.
    • We've got two 2nd round picks.
    • We've got another 7 picks rounds 3-6.

√ 11 picks combined (JD is 100% trading up).

2022 will become Franchise altering (if 2021 hasn't already) and I'm just already excited just knowing that JD doesn't make the same mistakes as GMs who've came before him such as Tanny/Idzik/Maccagnan..

• JD will not have us in salary cap hell as Tanny once did (JD = #3 projected available salary cap space come 2022).

• JD will not pass on QBs like Mahomes and Watson for my box Safety #33 all because we already had Hack on the roster as Macc did to us all (JD pulled trigger on Zach Wilson while trading Sam for a 2nd + 4th).

• JD won't pass on 2nd Rd WRs like Allen Robinson and Davante Adams for Safety & TE as Idzik once did (JD embraced Denzel Mims/Elijah Moore).

• JD will not neglect 1st round O-linemen as a later Tanny did and then both of Idzik and Maccagnan did for 15+ years of no 1st round O-lineman (JD fell in love with Mekhi Becton + even trade up for Alijah Vera-Tucker).

+ $31,620,056 in available 2021 offseason salary cap space (#2 in league).

+ $71,650,848 in available salary cap space come 2022's Free Agency (#3 in league).

In comparison to say, #28th Buffalo @ only $1,000,000 in salary cap hell and that's even before a Josh Allen extension (I'm loving it).

#24 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 27, 2021
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Which potential FA's do you want?

1.) T.J Watt, Edge, Pittsburgh.
    2.) Davante Adams, WR, Green Bay.
    3.) Fred Warner, LB, San Francisco.
    4.) Saquon Barkley, RB, Giants.
    5.) Darius Leonard, LB, Indianapolis.
    6.) Orlando Brown, OT, Kansas City.
    7.) Allen Robinson, WR, Chicago.
    8.) Nick Chubb, RB, Cleveland.
    9.) Jamal Adams, SS/LB/Edge, Seattle.
    10.) Chris Godwin, WR, Buccaneers.
    11.) Brandon Scherff, GUARD, Washington.
    12.) Mike Gesicki, TE, Miami.
    13.) Jonathan Allen, DT, Washington.
    14.) JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Pittsburgh.
    15.) Tyrann Matthieu, Safety, Kansas City.
    16.) Terron Armstead, OT, Saints.
    17.) Chandler Jones, Edge, Arizona.
    18.) Stephon Gilmore, CB, New England.
    19.) Jessie Bates, Safety, Cincinnati.
    20.) Mark Andrews, TE, Baltimore.

Etc.

Brandon Scherff.
    2015: 1st round (5th overall).
    29 years old.
    4x Pro Bowler (2016-2017 and 2019-2020).
    1x First-team All-Pro (2020).

& Washington isn't allowed to Franchise him 3x.

#25 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 27, 2021
    barfolomew likes this.
  6. jago

jago Active Member

counting the long winded followups youre probably at 12,000 not 1,200.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I thought DWC was getting away from posting encyclopedias every chance he got...

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It's too early to think about this. Many things will change between now and the next offseason. One year ago, nobody would have guessed that Zach Wilson would have been a top QB prospect in the draft.

9. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

So I'm gonna throw out to points I disagree with. The first has already been touched on. Center is not a need. McGovern will be our center and can be good. He had a slow start last year, but look at what was around him. Bad HC, horrible Guards, and utter chaos slowed him down. The end of the year he did good.

Second, in no way shape or form do we need a DT opposite QW. Folo is an absolute beast. Had a higher run stopping grade than anyone not named Aaron Donald. Keep the kid and don't replay the Snack Harrison debacle again. Both those positions are filled.

NCJetsfan, BonScott and BudJet like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I do agree with your DT opinion I was 100% sleeping on Fatukasi, am now hoping for Fatukasi to line up as our 4-3 DE edge setter alongside QW/Rankins @ DT and opposite of Lawson @ DE.

But I disagree with your Center opinion.

I grew up throughout the days of Kevin Mawae feasting for Curtis Martin and Nick Mangold becoming a future HOF great and I'm sorry but watching McGovern play Center doesn't feel like I'm even watching my childhood Jets anymore.

He absolutely stinks for being 28 years of age, earned a PFF score of only 62.2 as a 5th year player and even worse than his score was the eye test; because he allowed 6 sacks dead last amongst all Centers last year in sacks given up and RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE TOO.

With Zach Wilson on the line heading into his 2nd season I don't believe there's a 0.00% chance that an O-Line guru JD would pass up the opportunity to draft the #1 rated Center within the Country out of Iowa in Tyler Linderbaum.

If he couldn't pass up on Mekhi Becton 2020 and/or Alijah Vera-Tucker 2021 well then I don't see him passing up an opportunity to create a JD trio of Mekhi/AVT/Linderbaum @ LT/LG/Center for the next 10+ years too come 2022.

(especially considering the fact how 2023 will become McGovern's final season as a JET and thnx god).

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

B
    But does JD take Linderbaum in the first round to replace McGovern in 2024? I don’t think so first round centers usually start right away. It’s one or the other ....Linderbaum won’t ride the bench for two years and I doubt McGovern sticks around as a back up.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Yeah, I don't see a C being taken in round 1. Far more likely it's between CB, Edge, TE, and LB.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I see a lot of people pegging CB for round one next year but personally I’d like to see what all those later picks and that FA Dunn they signed have on the field. I’m not saying it’s not currently a need but if just one of those guys takes the bull by the horns maybe the Jets find a diamond in the rough and CB is lesser of a need. If anything depth in TC isn’t going to be a problem ...

Personally I’d like to see them pull the trigger on an EDGE to play opposite Lawson. The LB depth including starters is probably going to be reworked. RT is probably high on the list seeing Moses is only signed for one year and both he and Fant will be pushing 30. Possibly TE although again I’d like to see what that Mississippi State kid brings to the table .....

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Since when do 1st round Rookie Centers ride the bench for two years and up until their 3rd years?

Nick Mangold = 16 starts as a Rookie.
    Damien Woody = 16 starts as a Rookie.
    Travis Frederick = 16 starts as a Rookie.
    Alex Mack = 16 starts as a Rookie.
    Maurkice Pouncey = 16 starts as a Rookie.
    Ryan Kelly = 16 starts as a Rookie.
    Garrett Bradbury = 16 starts as a Rookie.
    Billy Price = 10 starts as a Rookie.
    Samson Satele = 16 starts as a Rookie (2nd round).
    Eric McCoy = 16 starts as a Rookie (2nd round).

Also found different examples such as...

Kevin Mawae = 27 starts @ Guard throughout first two seasons before becoming starting Center come 3rd year (2nd round).

Cameron Erving = 13 starts @ Center as a 2nd year player (1st round).

Ryan Kalil = 12 starts @ Center as a 2nd year player.(2nd round).

Jeremy Newberry = 16 starts at Guard as a Rookie before starting 16 games @ Center come 2nd year (2nd round).

Stefen Wisniewski = 16 starts @ Guard as as a Rookie before starting 15 games @ Center come 2nd year (2nd round).

Eric Wood = 24 starts @ guard first two years before becoming starting Center 3rd year.

Max Unger = 16 starts @ Guard as a rookie before becoming starting Center 3rd year (2nd round).

Frank Ragnow = 16 starts @ Guard as a Rookie before starting 15 games @ Center come 2nd year (1st round).

• 1st round Centers aren't drafted to sit the bench for two years.

#34 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 27, 2021
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

CB, Edge and LB doesn't help JD's prized #2 overall pick @ QB in Zach Wilson.

Look at my username aren't you guys tired of going DEFENSE both early and often? We've got two 1st round picks and we're talking more Maccagnan, Defense?

(We've got Zach Wilson on the line here people and I'm sorry but we haven't enjoyed a true Franchise QB since dating back to Joe Namath of the freaking 1960's).

Imo 2022 should be all about Offense during the 1st round (just like both 2020 and 2021 were).

Round 1:
    1A.) Tyler Linderbaum (#1 rated Center)
    1B.) Jalen Wydermyer (#1 rated TE).

And just like that, our offense is a Moses extension and a RG away from being 100% complete before even heading into the 2nd round and beyond; with 9 draft picks rounds 2-6 (which could then be used all on Defense for coach Saleh).

#35 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 27, 2021
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Maybe I'm weird but I just don't understand why Jets fans have something against an awesome #1 rated Center such as Tyler Linderbaum out of Iowa in order to feast alongside of both Mekhi and AV?

Because I remember the only three AFC championship game appearances I've ever experienced as a Jets fan were 1998 while Kevin Mawae was feasting for both Broadway Vinny and especially #28 as the leader of our O-Line...

Followed by Nick Mangold as the leader of our O-Line for both Mark Sanchez and Thomas Jones in 2009 before feasting for all 3 of Sanchez/L.T/Greene come 2010...

To each our own but it just doesn't even feel like I'm watching my childhood Jets without both Mawae/Mangold @ Center as McGovern not only posted a crap PFF score of low 60's but also led the entire NFL in sacks allowed (right up the middle).

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

We're making the playoffs here in 2021 but 2022 is the year that I believe we'll be considered true contenders (heading in).

I remember heading into 2009 I once created a thread at both TGG and JI predicting an 11-5/12-4 type of season.

I was wrong about the final record but I was correct in my assessment of the overall potential that 2009's team truly had heading into 2009 under Rex Ryan; and back to back AFC Championship Game appearances doesn't lie.

(I see that same type of potential here in 2021 but this time with Quinnen Williams being our Darrelle Revis type of Superstar and defensive leader)

Throughout the whole offseason + regular season? I was mocked and laughed off due to my "long threads" full of "homerism" and "TL;DR" ala same crap in 2021 from the clueless one's (history repeats itself)

(Examples below):

@Dierking dude! lol (good times man)

@Dierking care to admit that "the kid" was right about his team and how you were oh so wrong about your team, now 10+ years later?

Because my mind is like an elephant and as a lot of you guys were mocking me or laughing off my TL;DR posts and even gave me the honors of a Sunshine 2008 award?

I've never forgotten the feelings of laughing myself into back to back AFC Championship Games @ the expense of you guys (still disliked for it today) when fans such as yourself told me to "stop dreaming big kid" and "stop making crazy predictions every day when the Jets stink" and/or "to stop overrating our players HOMER" etc. etc.

You guys drove me absolutely crazy to the point of getting banned shortly thereafter because I was convinced that the bat shit crazy blind were trying to convince me that I was crazy but I knew I wasn't but it drove me mad.

All of that to say this. Fair warning (not for just Dierking but for everyone).

√ I haven't been this excited during an offseason dating back to heading into 2009 and 2010 (hated 2011's offseason) and here in 2021? Not only am I predicting playoffs but I'm predicting a Top 5 rushing attack under Mike LaFleur behind a monster JD built O-Line, a dominant Top 5 Defense under coach Saleh and anywhere from 11-6 to 12-5 along with Zach Wilson vs. Elijah Moore vs. Michael Carter all (3) battling one another for OROY votes;

So instead of responding with snide remarks here in 2021 (as you guys did in 2009) maybe (just maybe) you should just enjoy the DWC Jets ride here in 2021 (so you guys don't get left behind like back in 09).

This post (below) was one of my favorite examples on why I just knew @ only 24 years of age that our team was on the verge of true contention (same as 2021 and even smarter @ 36).

Some sports fans hate long posts but I disagree; sometimes you've gotta leave behind a legacy.

Man. This 2021 team me so fired up under coach Saleh and Zach Wilson it's got me flashing back to heading into 2009 and searching up old offseason posts lol I'm fired up this offseason (last year predicted 3-13 with 1-15 potential heading in Gase had me miserable).

I've never once throughout my Jets fan posting career ever created a post/thread such as the one above Ex: 2006 Playoffs Jets vs. 2009 Jets heading in. That was my first and only time ever doing such a stupid thing.

And not all of my guaranteed predictions were correct especially being tricked by Gholston (not even Rex could save him) but who cares I was 99.9% right on the money with our team assessments and can't get them all right, right?

I had so much fun doing it now thinking back "TL;DR or not" to the point within the next couple of weeks I want to make another one (Pt.2).

But this time it's going to become and feature the...

1997 Parcells Jets (coming off 1-15 Kotite).
    vs.
    2021 Saleh's Jets (coming off 2-14 Gase).

And I already know that this upcoming 2021 Jets team would beat the all gas no breaks off of that 1997 9-7 team (especially come the 4th Q).

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Have you considered finding a hobby that doesn't require a computer? You know, go outside and actually do something else beside post epics about any and everything? Just a suggestion man, but your life is passing you by day by day. The Jets will always be here, but why not get a new focus on things... Here's an idea, go on vacation someplace you've never been.. Try living instead of posting..

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Edit: you're not worth it.

#39 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 28, 2021
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Right on schedule, we have the compulsive sharing of personal information.