Jets sign Moses to a 1 year deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 26, 2021.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You’re not sold on Jarrad Davis

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes man yes 196 consecutive starts @ RT type healthy!

• We got Kevin Mawae @ age 27 and he feasted with us until 35 years old and then he also feasted for Tennessee from 2006-2009 up until age 39 (even made 2 All-Pro teams and another 2 Pro Bowl teams @ Tennessee and that's even after leaving both NYC & DWC!)

• We landed Jumbo Elliott @ age 31 and he gave us 4 awesome years @ LT (1996-1999) up until 35 years old.

• We also landed Damien Woody @ age 31 and he feasted for us @ RT for 3 years (2008-2010) up until age 34-35.

Morgan Moses?!? A young 30 years of age (and only just recently turned 30 as of three months ago in March ala only 3 months removed of his 20's).

I am A+ excited to see both of our Rookies in Zach Wilson protected @ RT and also Michael my favorite Carter running wild behind our top 1-3 NFL RT beast!

#42 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    barfolomew, RochesterJet and egelband like this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sell me on him. I don't know too much if anything @ all about him?

All I really know is that he's a former 1st round pick and NFL MLB (which belongs to C.J. Mosley in a 4-3) so how is his pass coverage and his ability to play @ ROLB or LOLB in pass coverage?

I'm hoping it's good because if so having Davis @ OLB, C.J. Mosley @ MLB and my kid FSU Rookie Hamsah Nasirildeen opposite @ OLB is getting me fired the fk up especially behind this D-Line led by Carl Lawson and Quinnen Williams @ 4-3 pass rushing DE and 4-3 DT;

I just need to be sold on Davis as I never watch Detroit Lions Football.

#43 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 27, 2021
    egelband likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

And still you're whittering on about Fant and taking cheap shots at @KingRoach
    It is like you don't understand why the other thread was locked.

PS in all your excitment and rush to double highlight things in different greens, can I ask what ground and proud means? :rolleyes:

#44 K'OB, Jun 27, 2021
    ZachMFWilson, FJF, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The Jets really put focus on bringing in athletes and want to coach them up, so this all gas no
    Breaks thing is legit. This team is going to be FAST and VIOLENT. Davis fits the mold, superbly athletic, surprisingly good blitzer when he does blitz, solid against the run but very
    mediocre in pass coverage. And that’s moreso it’s not an instinctive thing for him. I’m really curious if he can be coached up because we know CJ will be out there as much as he can. This league turns into a passing type league a lot so nickel will be used a lot more. He may come off the field for another LB, maybe one of the rookies can fill that role if Davis continues to be too inconsistent there.

6. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have read the same thing about Davis. That he never misses a tackle but that his coverage skills are suspect.
    Our base coverage is Nickel. I read that SF used nickel or dime a large percentage of the time. I cannot recall the exact number but I think it was 70 or 75 percent of the time. It would seem in Nickel with 2 LBs that Davis might not be in there a lot. Maybe Cashman or 1 of the two rookies. But, Davis is supposed to be very athletic and they are excited about him. Hopefully, he can be coached up and benefit from the system and our strong DL.

7. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Great signing. Build it the right way.

Met him briefly his son was in same kindergarten class as my daughter here in VA. Dude is one of the largest humans I've personally been around.

At graduation the teacher told everyone his son wanted to be a football player and play for the cowboys. Funny moment.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Cowboys!?!?!?!?! I'll bet that chapped his father's ass! LOL Then again, maybe his father wasn't happy with the Redskins and complained about them all the time, so the kid in taking up for father, may have started rooting for their arch-nemesis and wants to be a football player and make the Washington Knuckleheads pay for not treating his father right. LOL

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What's to be sold on? He's one of a number of players on prove-it deals.

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

True, but he has a very high ceiling so if he does manage to “prove it”, our LB room is in very very good shape. Point is, idt SAM is currently a position of need.

ZachMFWilson likes this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

In all seriousness I crapped all over Fant throughout the other Moses thread only because I wanted nothing to do with the dead last rated OT in all of Football anywhere near our prized #2 overall pick @ QB in Zach Wilson (64th/64).

However I'll admit that as a backup swingman (6th) OT Fant played his best football for Seattle in 2018 with a very respectable 74.0 PFF score (in comparison to Mekhi Becton's 74.4 rookie season score).

So not only does Moses tremendously upgrade our starting RT position but Mike LaFleur can now utilize Fant as a 6th OT especially in running formations for Michael Carter.

12. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

I know I said this earlier but *swingtackle and 6th OL are not the same thing.

*swingman isn’t a thing

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well if he comes into the game as a swing tackle he'll be out 6th O-lineman on the field, no?

So he's a swingman 6th OT to me lol

14. ZachMFWilson

No. A 6th OL lines up with the other 5 lineman creating 6 OL.

A swingtackle is the OT that comes in for relief keeping 5 OL on the field.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ok cool. I won't use the term anymore because as you've mentioned multiple times *Swingman isn't a thing.

But you should really change your username because...

*Sam is no longer a (Jets) thing.

(PS: Just ball busting you man I kid I kid).

16. ZachMFWilson

I haven’t seen a way to change my UN. Feel free to lmk how to do it.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm just messing with you man.

@Brook!

How can we get this man a new fresh and brand new Zach Wilson user name?!?!?

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Fant is a great swing tackle and a below average starter. He fits the scheme really well but I think we wanted more reliable player for a rookie QB to throw behind. The greatest thing about this is if 1 starter goes down it’s not going to be McDermott or Edoga stepping in, who are both frankly terrible.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is it your forum name you want to change?

I think you have to request it from @Petrozza

@GasedAndConfused has changed his name on here he might clarify it for you.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

@Cman65 changed it for me when I sent him a PM

K'OB likes this.