Look How Many Ex Jets in the Playoffs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Jan 10, 2021.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

All those guys improved with Rex in a vastly superior and more flexible system.
    Offensively they also accomplished more with inexperienced poor QB play.

Rex did what Mangini could not.
    So i completely disagree with your statement that Mangini would somehow have done better than Rex, when literally the exact opposite happened.

I’ll agree Mangini had a very thorough interview and evaluation process for draft picks. I liked his philosophy on character guys and captains.
    inflexilbe and unlikeable as a HC tho, would be better suited in FO role.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They also had a much better offensive line at the point when Rex was hired, especially with Mangold developing into an All-Pro and DBrick a fantastic tackle, along with Mangini's acquisition of Thomas Jones.

Splitting hairs here though - agree with you on the last part to an extent. I just think Mangini definitely had the means to sustain longer term success than Rex. And was a better in-game manager (minus the hair pulling fucking prevent defenses at the end of games) and talent developer.

Red Menace and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And I hope Douglas does the exact opposite and shows McShay for the no-nothing, loudmouth he is.

4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

boozer32 likes this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Almost half the league makes the playoffs. Of course there are a bunch of ex-Jets floating around.

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

half the league times 10 years

and we still didn’t get in one

that’s pathetic

twown likes this.
  7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

OP’s point, I think, is that the cupboard hasn’t been completely bare. That’s definitely true. But we’ve watched these chefs cook, and it’s like watching one of the more entertaining episodes of “Nailed It.” The Jets need some competent coaches.

8. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this, and I think the possibility exists that McShay is unknowingly carrying water for Douglas.

If you want to find out what the absolute most you can get out of the pick in a trade, you have to establish a market. In the case of the #2 pick in this draft, the perception needs to exist that it is available AND that the Jets will not take a QB if they keep it.

If Cincinnati at #5 wants Sewell, then they trade up to get him, and have to pay a price because they know that the Jets are a danger to take him.

If anyone else wants a QB, they have to trade up to jump over other teams that could go QB, and they have heard the Jets are open to it because they're not sold on taking one.

The Jets "not going QB at #2 and potentially being open to trading the pick" is the exact scenario you'd want floating around if you're trying to chum the water.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yup agreed. I think Douglas is playing this stuff much better than Maccagnan is. While we got Quinnen Williams out of the deal, I feel like there was a desperation out of our camp that we wanted to move out of the spot, which caused it's value to plummet. Of course it was also a draft without a cornerstone offensive player or edge rusher available at the spot so that didn't help.

REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Which players were you complaining about who ended up making the playoffs, so we can check out their PFF scores and/or review who JD has since replaced them with?

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Not just players.....Bowles just got his ring. Plus Rich Kotite went on to win multiple rings too (ok maybe not!) But if Gase ever does im gonna scream.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Gase is just a massive Ring piece, that will have to do you.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The only ring Gase should be associated with is a Cervical one..

NCJetsfan and Footballgod214 like this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Damn.

Cman68 likes this.