Jets sign Moses to a 1 year deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

very very solid signing and there were at least a couple posters here who wanted him... so, nice predictions!
    thanks @patleahy for the directions to this thread

2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

While, I'm not expecting playoffs, I will say I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Issues in 2020:
    Gase
    Talent non-existent
    Gase

In 2021:
    Gase gone, talent in.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Last year I kept hearing that we had the worst talent in football. I don't think you can say that for this year.

Noam, KingRoach, Lon Chaney and 2 others like this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

No not at this point. The Jets as of now probably would still be bottom half but much closer to the middle.

Keep in mind this time of year everything looks so promising on paper coming off of a draft and FA season. Not every draft pick is going to stick .....

But I like what I see in terms of competition and enthusiasm.

Noam, barfolomew and KingRoach like this.
  6. bicketybam

I'm not sure as to where we actually rank, but it's not dead last.

Noam and barfolomew like this.
  7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Can we please see this amalgamation of talent, NCS, NewS play a game on the field before we talk about PO.

J-Raw24, westiedog1, Noam and 3 others like this.
  8. bicketybam

I agree. Playoffs is a stretch. That said, the 2020 team was better than its records. We can all agree that we should have won the Raiders game. That's 3 wins. The first patriots game was in our grasp. Then you factor in the Gase effect and you could argue it was a 5-6 win team. But if grandma had balls she'd be grandpa, right?

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It would be a miracle if the Jets made the playoffs this year. That said, it's not impossible. Personally I don't think it will happen, but I DO expect them to be be MUCH better across the board, meaning winning at least 5 games and being competitive in the rest of them.

Remember how bad the Rams were before they suddenly turned it around? Something similar with the Jets wouldn't be out of the question IMO, but again I'm not predicting this, just saying it's possible. Replacing Gase alone is worth 4+ wins, and that's before all the new upgraded talent is factored in, as well as an easier schedule. I'll be extremely disappointed in a sub-5 win record.

egelband, barfolomew, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  10. mrjet80

I agree except the miracle part. The Jets can make the playoffs in today’s NFL due to parity and expanded playoffs. They need to avoid injuries and get a couple of lucky bounces (as every team would). A 9-8 record could do the trick ...

11. mrjet80

The Jets should of won the MNF Patriots game, Raiders game, and at least one of either the Denver or Chargers games. That was a 5-11 team talent wise. Gase dumbed then down another 3 games.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I still think it will be a miracle. Keep in mind that other teams will have improved too, and that everyone has to learn a whole new system. I think they'll exceed most people's expectations but if they make the playoffs this year it will be a miracle of sorts. A 9-8 record is very doable however, if as you say they get a few lucky bounces, and stay injury-free.

mrjet80 and Noam like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO Brilliant move. We thank Crowler for his help with the acquisition. His reduction in salary is close to Moses base salary. I think if Zach does not throw one TD pass this year we still win more games with our running game that the total for last year. I feel 1000% more confident that this team will be one hell of a lot more fun to watch than in years past.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

On the other side of that, we beat a Browns team with 7 starters on the COVID list, including every starting WR, and we beat a Rams team that played the entire game like we were tanking and were expecting us to lose for them. That's how close we were to 0-16.

Bellys Lies and patleahy like this.
  15. bicketybam

I will concede the Browns but not the Rams. They needed the win.

ouchy likes this.
  16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You can’t underestimate the Mosley effect:
    2019 3 Qs against Buffalo with CJ
    Jets 16 - Buffalo 3 (Looking Dominant)

2019 1 Q against Buffalo without CJ
    Jets 0 - Buffalo 14

For all accounts Mosley has come back looking as dominate as ever. He didn’t forget how to play football in 2 years.

17. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

It would be a miracle but I have faith in Moses, Elijah, Zachariah, Alijah, and even Noah might make an appearance.

Anytime I see NFL news I ask myself, WWJD?

Let’s not forget, the real fist hire was Jets President Hymie, he’s truly breathed life into this franchise. (Hymie means “life” in Hebrew).

ZachMFWilson and barfolomew like this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Think about it. For as great as Revis was. We might've not make the playoffs without Damien Woody. I truly believe that.

Because #24 couldn't line up and play @ RT for no Rookie QB or no #1 run game and during Sanchez rookie year?

No
    team passed the football fewer times than us and/or RAN THE ROCK MORE THAN THOMAS JONES and SHONN GREENE THE WAR MACHINE AKA GROUND AND POUND

A.K.A #1 run game for a Rookie QB in all of Football.

And Damien Woody was a beast of a run blocking HOG @ RT for us.

And Thomas Jones loved running left behind Ferguson and Mangold @ LT & Center (Faneca LG too) and Thomas Jones feasted running right behind Damien Woody @ RT (B. Moore too @ RG).

Just like Michael Carter and La'Mical Perine are going to not only ACC North Carolina and SEC Florida feast to the left behind Highway 77 and Alijah Vera-Tucker @ LT/LG but Michael Carter is also now going to run wild behind an animal of a run blocker in Morgan Moses (196 consecutive starts @ RT) who rated and ranked 7th amongst all NFL in OTs in run blocking (out of 80+) and top 3 run blocking @ RT.

And that's why I was screaming and begging JD for rookie Zach Wilson the O-Line guru to kick Fants ass back over to the bench (where's he's thrived @ throughout his 6 years NFL career) in order to do his thing @ backup O-Line as 6th OT Swingman OT backup TE or whatever ppl call him; because Wilson now has his Sanchez type of Brick-of-Gold in D'Brickishaw/Mangold and now Zach Wilson also has his Damien Woody (veteran mauling RT) and hopefully someone @ RG can become the kids Brandon Moore.

Expect for the Jets to have and feature a 2021 top 1-5 rushing attack behind a Rookie Zach Wilson with Michael Carter, Mt.Becton, Vera-Tucker and Moses along with not one but two 6'3 physical run blocking WRs on the outside in Denzel Mims and especially Corey Davis; while Elijah Moore can pull off a Wildcat (Brad Smith) and/or Jets sweep to the house. With Mike LaFleur running the show.

Vs.

Just like when a once Rookie Mark Sanchez with the help of Thomas Jones, D'Brickishaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold and Damien Woody along with two physical WRs in Jerricho Cotchery and especially on the outside Braylon Edwards took the NFL league by storm with a strong rushing attack 2nd to none; with Brad Smith showing off his NY Wildcat Jets. And none of this (ever) happens if Callahan's zone blocking system for Shotty Jr. would have been handicapped to only "run left"or else 2020 could've happened to them once struggling, Right.

Speaking of Callahan. A big HOG up front 30+ years old I believe now 31 not only made the transition to a brand new Zone blocking scheme under Callahan but Damien Woody absolutely thrived and feasted within it @ RT I'm so fired up right now.

This Morgan Moses addition is big time for JDs newly formed O-Line I give it an A+ @ RT and an A+ for kids like Becton to learn how to become durable enough to last 196 consecutive starts without a single play off.

#38 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    egelband and barfolomew like this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

A+ from Joe Douglas.

#BeastMode.

#39 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I really dig the hell out of this signing. Yeah he's older than you want but linemen have longer NFL lifespans than a lot of positions and Moses has proven to stay healthy. Cornerback, SLB and the right side of the Oline have been my primary concerns and this does a lot to temper that last one.