Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I can explain calling you a blithering idiot by copy and pasting 60% of your posts.

ZachMFWilson, K'OB and Jets69 like this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’m not sure why this has turned into a Fant vs Moses thread. Yes Moses is the better RT but Fant does still provide the Jets value as the 6th OL or swing tackle. We know he can start in a snap and he was at the very least dependable last year. He stayed upright and didn’t get anybody killed ala Wayne Hunter. The guy who is really hating this signing is Edoga who hasn’t proven he even belongs on an NFL roster to be honest ( Thanks Mac ).

Next offseason JD is probably going to draft a new RT regardless and it’s very likely going to be a high pick.....

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Why?

Can you not see a difference in how we are run compared to anything you have seen in the last 10 years?

I very much doubt a winning season will happen next season, will more people be throwing their toys out of the pram and stamping their clueless feet in rage?

I happy to wait patiently and watch this team grow again, a lot depends on Zach Wilson but nobody can deny that he hasn't been given every chance to succeed, OL ✓ WRs ✓ just need a top TE next year and off we go.

ColoradoContrails, mrjet80 and Noam like this.
  4. K'OB

60% you're low balling :D

Noam and KingRoach like this.
  5. K'OB

Or a crack pipe

6. K'OB

Because one of the people arguing can't read the other person's posts properly.

KingRoach likes this.
  7. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I have been a bit quiet this off season but I do like this signing. JD has done very well on paper it seems. I was not fan of drafting Wilson, but I will give credit to JD for the work put into this. If Wilson is even competent we should be in games.

All that's said this conversation would be better if 2 posters had all their posts deleted from the topic so the rest could be read without useless nonsense.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and nycarl like this.
  8. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth.

Noam likes this.
  9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Or, perhaps more accurately, fastens on to one misinterpretation then proceeds to beat it to a bloody pulp, making most posters want to gouge their own eyes out with blunt spoons, and all the time failing to realise he's arguing with no one.

ColoradoContrails, K'OB and Noam like this.
  10. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Nice…
    Moses and Becton over 750 lbs of offensive Zack Wilson protection.
    I like it…

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I still think this was the case but no other team was interested in a huge multi year deal so he took our one year and rolls the dice. This is huge as it upgrades the starting 5 and depth

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Really I was looking forward to some post Moses discussions. Who’s Dwc and why are we talking about health. Come on man Jets only

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

At the moment there's no difference in how we're being run vs 5 years ago or 10 years ago or 15 years ago.

It looks better only because the Jets are once again a marketing first franchise and are possibly recovering from one of the worst stretches of GMing in the franchise history. However only the first thing is clearly true: marketing first.

The extra picks at this point are solely because Jamal Adams forced his way out of town a year ago. Without that force majeure moment that the Jets could not resist the drafts look about the same. This is because Joe Douglas had no confidence in his ability to spend the extra picks last year except to trade up for a "sure thing." His 2020 draft is looking iffy at this point and odds are pretty good his 2021 draft will be looking iffy next year at this time.

All the vet free agent signings were to stabilize the team temporarily so that the 35/65 high pick QB has a chance to get his feet on the ground. Just like Mark Sanchez he will ultimately fail if vet free agent signings and iffy drafts are all the Jets have in store for him.

If I was going to say one thing to the average Jet fan right now it would be to wait for the results on the field before they get their hopes up. I'm guessing this entire rebuild is on a 35/65 basis right now and I think it is likely to fail.

One more thing: hiring another DC who has never been a head coach in the NFL was so last decade Jets. Having him bring in a bunch of promoted coaches to fill key slots was so first decade of the 21st century Jets.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

15. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Love the signing! Really hope we at least look @ Decastro too, hoping -if healthy-he can have a similar mentorship aka faneca and brick/mangold.

That said, if he doesn’t come, can’t Fant play guard? I thought that was the partial logic in signing him.

16. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Also, and this woulda alleviated my argument for DeCadstro, but does anyone know why we didn’t at least look at Trai Turner? Young guy, plays guard and very impressive resume!

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

McGagnen never drafted OL in early rounds. Douglas has already done it twice, so this statement is not correct.

Douglas clearly values OL and offense in general. It’s been a while since that was case here. Novel idea…scoring points.

You certainly don’t have to believe the results will be different, but to pretend the current GM is running the team no differently than the prior 2 is a bit of a stretch.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

At best JD is running the team like they were run in 2006. However that fails to take into account the fact that the Jets had an established QB in 2006 and we're looking at another rookie showcase now.

It's not so much that the Jets keep taking ill-prepared QB's high in the 1st round - it's that we then plan to rush them on the field instead of letting things happen naturally.

It's one thing to take a clearcut #1 QB in the draft and rush him on the field. It's another to take a 1st rounder surrounded by a lot of talent and put him on the field early with rookie handcuffs to give him the best chance. The Jet's MO is to take a young guy and market the hell out of him and ruin him by rushing him on the field. They're doing this again for the 3rd time in 12 years in 2021.

If you don't learn from history you are bound to repeat it.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It was the same mgmt running the team in 2020 also.
    2020 was the worst roster I can remember, worst head coach ever, worst season we’ve had to endure, and ultimately led to running a very promising QB right into the ground.

So no, it hasn’t been all that different to date, although being a naive Jet fan I’m also still optimistic and love the current direction lol.
    I’d just like to see some results for once before proclaiming things wildly new and different this time.

#519 BacktoQueens, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

and

Jets fan on Twitter were so ridiculous. It was like a shark feeding frenzy. As soon as the news hit that DeCastro had been released, everyone was clamoring to sign him. They didn't stop and think, "Why would Pittsburgh cut him if there wasn't something wrong with him?" This is Rothlisberger's last year. They're going for it, they're not rebuilding. The only reasons they would have released DeCastro would have been injury or if he committed some horrible crime.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.