Pittsburgh Steelers have released their starting RG; David DeCastro (3x All-Pro - 6x Pro Bowler).

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I didn’t say anything about Van Scroten.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

another shit thread by DWC...the man can barely stand on two legs but we must sign him

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I did. KingRoach is my username.

4. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

Who gives a rats ass what his stats have been in past years? It's meaningless if he's unable to play in the future. Fans of losing teams look like even bigger losers when every time a has-been, completely shot athlete becomes available and the fans are jumping out of their skin to sign him. "SIGN THIS BEAST!" Give me break. The guy is DONE. Stop adding to the Jets loser mentality.

J-Raw24 and Noam like this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Here are alternatives to your optimism:

1. It could be that after seeing the first 4 week results, Gase made the offense very basic starting around week 5 and/or gave him more help etc.

2. The best you can say is he's inconsistent. Why should his inconsistency suddenly stop in 2021?

6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

ROFL, yeah Gase made changes to help the team… you crack me up.

IDFjet likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

"Can barely stand on two legs" but yet he's started 121 out of a possible 128 games (121/128) throughout his previous 8 seasons of play (2013-2020).

94.5% availability rate throughout the previous 9 years.

But all because Football injuries and surgeries happen all the time to players in sports you're now allowed to use remarks such as "can barely stand on two legs"?

You're hyperbolic post is wrong.

Not only could he "barely stand on two legs" but he played through the pain of all 13 games last year despite bone spurs hurting his play.

Look. You can keep your pos trash Van Roten @ RG all you like and I'll continue to hope JD let's DeCastro get healthy and gives him a 2nd NFL shot.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Pass. The Jets have plenty of options at RG. Hopefully one of those guys steps up. If not, they will be replaced in 2022 via Free Agency or the Draft.

Noam likes this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Nick Mangold was an Iron man until he wasn't. Hurt his ankle and that was it.

KingRoach, J-Raw24, Noam and 2 others like this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll do their due diligence (and they should), but sounds like the injuries have taken a toll on him and his outlook isn't good - also sounds like he's pondering retirement. I'm sure Pittsburgh cut him for good reason. Even great players have a point when they can no longer play well and maybe that's where he is. I doubt they'd be getting his All-Pro form

Noam likes this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Edit: Not worth it.

#31 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well then what's that say about Van Roten then?

De'Castro played and started all 13 games last year and played through the pain of bone spurs throughout the entire season and now needs offseason surgery.

But yet...

De'Castro: 64.1.
    Van Roten: 63.0.

So what you're telling me is that Van Roten is no better than even an injured, hurt, washed up and soon to be retired De'Castro, right?

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

If such shit why bother opening it, reading it, quoting it and then waste your own time replying to it, to begin with?

Is that how you introduce yourself into someone's thread? By insulting them in order to make yourself feel better about yourself?

The only thing that is currently "shit" is our current starting RG Van Roten (I want to nickname him Van 'Rotten' so damn bad).

And @jonnyd when have I gone out of my way to attack and insult you or any of your posts/threads before? (and if so, plz quote me on it); until, now (below).

You want to consider my thread about hopefully wanting De'Castro as shit? Well then please explain yourself in regards to this shit thread in which you've made and that I've watched you create over the years...

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/todd-haley-hire-this-beast.91388/

What a shit thread you made and created for TGG (your last thread ever created, thank GOD).

19-26 career losing Head Coach who hasn't Head Coached a game since dating back to 2011 but yet in 2018 you had the nerve to nickname him, a beast?

Dude.

After being fired by CLEVELAND BROWNS the man is now the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR of Riverview HIGH SCHOOL team.

What a shit thread (you made).

(Two can play your little message board game, bruh).

You don't have the right to consider anyone's threads as "shit" because all you've gotta do is take a look in the mirror and you'll see a shitty face behind shit threads.

#33 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Smells like boo boo in here.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Smells like JD (like myself) wanted to upgrade the right side of our O-Line.

Just signed Morgan Moses to a 1 year deal (who I was begging him to sign as a gigantic upgrade over @KingRoach George Fant).

And B.) I guarantee Van Roten will become replaced by opening day of 2021 @ RG in order to play alongside of Moses @ RT (and if not with De'Castro, then by someone else).

You wanted me to enjoy our Right Side of Van Roten and/or Fant or something? Sorry. Nope. Not happening.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am telling you De'Castro may never play again.

KingRoach and Noam like this.
  17. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Game, Set, Match

KingRoach and Noam like this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

And I'm telling you that Van Roten should never play again.

19. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I would hard pass on De'Castro. I don't think any team tries to sign him until he has surgery and good results from the surgery. His career maybe over.

I will also go on to say I don't think we make any more major additions on offensive line. I think our starting RG is on the roster. Whether its Van Roten, Lewis, or whoever. And also Van Roten will be on the roster this year, starter or not. He is the player rep to the media atm during Covid times. Team mates seem to like him and so does JD.

KingRoach likes this.
  20. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Does that surprise you in the least little bit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.