Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This is so huge. I think Douglas correctly saw that Fant is a great swing tackle and backup but as a full time starter he can’t be fully depended on with a rookie under center. Now we have solidified the right even with RG as a question mark. We potentially have 4 good starters coming in to play this year, which is a far cry from 2 years ago when our starting OL would probably be backups on any other team.

2. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

My two cents…this signing is freaking huge for our running game and Zach.

ukjetsfan, Brook! and patleahy like this.
  3. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I expect HUGE things from Moses @PennyandtheJets since that is what you promised me.

PennyandtheJets and Noam like this.
  4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

HUGE pickup for this team.

barfolomew and PennyandtheJets like this.
  5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I read this more as somebody doesn't like KingRoach. lol

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

@KingRoach are you calling yourself a blithering idiot or just a hypocritical-hypocrite, which one?

(PS: Your words (not mine).

Followed by...

(lol you can't make this stuff up)

Funny.

So you just called yourself a blithering idiot, didn't you?

(PS: Your words, not mine).

Because that PFF score you posted of Morgan Moses's rookie year of 54.4?

Consisted of only one start (1). I repeat. 1 start.

But I thought only a blithering idiot would ever do such a thing?

The proper way to have made fun of Moses (1 start) rookie season would've been to post like this (below).

Moses Rookie year = 61.6 (1 start).
    Fant Rookie year = 47.2 (10 starts).

What? Wouldn't have fit your driven agenda against Moses, now would it have?

So you posted Moses' Rookie score of 61.6 (1 start) and left off Fant's Rookie score of 47.2 (10 starts)? To prove a fake point?

Regardless I think it's safe to say that you just called yourself a blithering idiot (your words, not mine) by doing the same exact thing that you promised us that only a "blithering idiot" would do...

#486 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

LT: Mekhi Becton.
    LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker.
    RT: Morgan Moses.

That's pretty awesome.

I'm still concerned about both Center and RG but nonetheless Zach Wilson should become well protected and Michael Carter will run wild behind JDs O-Line trio of Becton/Vera-Tucker/Moses.

#487 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
    barfolomew likes this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Gigantic upgrade.

Moses
    (2020): 80.6 (Top 20 OT & #7 in run blocking).

Vs.

Fant (2020): 60.6 (dead last amongst starting OTs 64th/64 and Fant can't run block).

JD for president.

QB: Zach Wilson.
    WR: Elijah Moore.
    WR: Corey Davis.
    WR; Keelan Cole.
    LG: Vera-Tucker.
    RB: Michael Carter.

This offense (above) did not go 2-14 last year and I believe the likes of Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims and Jamison Crowder will all 3 flourish alongside of 2021's offense under Mike LaFleur.

#488 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

We're all excited over Becton (LT), Vera-Tucker (LG) and now Moses (RT).

Kind of reminding me of a younger D'Brickishaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold with Damien Woody @ RT as their O-Line veteran leader.

But is anyone else worried about Center and RG with McGovern and Van Roten?

And can JD still find upgrades despite this late into an offseason?

#489 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
  10. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, somebody shoot me in the face.
    I've never been a super active poster but have enjoyed reading this forum for years. During the pre-draft season things got pretty contentious around here and I stayed away. But now? Holy fuck, one freaking poster has grabbed the steering wheel and driven this bus straight into a ditch.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Center: Tyler Linderbaum.
    RT: Morgan Moses (extend him if great 2021 play).

Looks like an A+ O-Line.

#491 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
  12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

If your 4th grade teacher couldn’t teach you reading comprehension, I’m doubt you’ll learn now. Ahh Florida, where education goes to die.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm kinda surprised defending an unproven Jets GM after a 2-14 season is the hill you want to die on, but I guess that's the case. Like I'm not even saying he's a bad GM, just that the jury's still out on him.

Ralebird and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

I went to PS 100 in South Ozone Park of Queens. That's where I was @ in 4th grade and lived on the same block as the school (118th st).

Nonetheless aren't you the one who said that only a blithering idiot would ever post PFF grades during years in which Fant was on the bench? But then became the same "blithering idiot" (your words,not mine) who posted Moses' PFF Rookie scores despite him being on the bench with only 1 start?

Please explain that comprehension for me? Thnx.

15. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m done explaining. If you don’t get it after 15 posts, you’re not going to magically grasp words all of a sudden.

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bail out on Saleh & the coaching staff if we are not winning. They are a team playing with new systems, & not much experience playing together. Winning is not the tell all with a rookie QB, A young team & a CS that are in their first year of coaching. However I would expect progress throughout the year. Play hard, make the games watchable. ...no blowouts. Not saying we shouldn't win games, just to say the CS aren't cracked up to be what we expected from them is a bit premature for their first year together. Next year after another good Draft I will expect more from this team, but this year I am willing to cut them some slack. You can't expect to fix everything in one year, although JD has done a great job fixing a lot of weaknesses on this team this year, & he has us set up well for next off season with a lot of cap room & really good Draft picks. We are definitely heading in the rite direction.

patleahy, NCJetsfan and mrjet80 like this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

1.) Replaced Adam Gase (with coach Saleh).

2.) Replaced Dowell Loggains (with Mike LaFleur).

3.) Traded Jamal for two 1st round picks (and already used one of them in order to trade up for the #1 rated Interior O-lineman coming out in Alijah Vera-Tucker).

) Traded Sam for a 2nd round pick + a 4th).

.) #3 in available salary cap space come 2022 with a projected $71,650,848
    (in comparison to Buffalo Bills who only have $1M and still need to extend Josh Allen long term).

) 4 picks within the first two rounds come 2022 (along with 7 picks throughout rounds 3-6).

) Completely rebuilt, overturned and revamped Maccagnan's trainwreck of an Offense and within only a two year period too (see for yourself, below).

QB: Zach Wilson.
    RB: Michael Carter.
    WR: Corey Davis.
    WR: Denzel Mims.
    WR: Keelan Cole.

None of these players were here under the Maccagnan era so please highlight the bold in which you disagree with in regards to JD this far?

Just curious to know @HomeoftheJets

#497 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

You can't explain how you called people a blithering idiot for posting PFF grades of Fant during his backup bench years but yet you still posted Rookie PFF #'s of Moses while he only made one (1) start as a rookie? It's hard to explain yourself once you've been caught as being hypocritical, isn't it?

@KingRoach what's going to become your George Fant 2022 excuse next offseason @ 30 years old and still sitting the bench as a backup bench warner? That he's "30 years old and heading into his 7th year but still has 0 starting experience"? Great excuse man.

#498 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 25, 2021
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Saleh and the coaching staff apparently think McGovern will do well in their system that’s why they didn’t pursue Linsley in FA. He was good the year before he came here and played well for the most part in the final 4 games of last season. Van Roten is meh but I wouldn’t be too worried now that we have Moses next to him. I don’t think we are in the elite category for offensive line but we should be at least average which would mean we are giving Wilson decent time to throw and have guys opening holes for the run game.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

1 year deal is a good move by the Jets. Moses will start at RT and either Becton or Fant will start at the other with Fant available as a good 6th OL when the Jets decide to run that option.

Next year the Jets will have a lot more information to go on as they approach the draft and odds are pretty good we see them take a tackle with one of the 1sts if Becton didn't stand up to the load this season.

mrjet80 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.