Carl Nassib comes out.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by westiedog1, Jun 22, 2021.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

More on Richie Incognito, not sure if anyone recalls this one also. He flipped out at a funeral home when his Dad died. He wanted to cut his father's head off, police were called. He had legal guns in his truck, and wound up with a disorderly conduct.

I'll have to think about the chain of events there, but it was when he was on the Bills. I have a lot of sympathy and empathy about mental illness, but that doesn't exclude you from being a turd. There's something very wrong with this guy, probably has several holes in his brain.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Interesting you make that request from me but not the guy I’m quoting using politically inspired loaded terms.

Maybe interesting is the wrong term…. Telling and hypocritical both fit better than interesting.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The definition you provided doesn't say anything about it being political. Your post did so I asked you to keep that shit in the politics thread. If you took it any other way that's a you problem. Have a nice day :)

4. KingRoach

5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

It's empty expression and attention seeking. Virtue signalling is used by people who don't really give a shit, but want brownie points by appearing informed and politically active. You think the NFL gives two flying fucks about any of this social justice stuff?

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

That's a hard excuse to except. Michael Sam 6'2" 262, Shaq Lawson 6'3" 267 both DE's and roughly the same size. But more telling is Vernon Gholston, DE 6'4" 258, again roughly the same size, didn't register a sack in three years, but managed to stay 3 years in the league.

I just feel that while society has evolved, I don't think NFL locker rooms have.

7. KingRoach

I think the term is used by people who care way to much about other people “trying to do the right thing”.

The NFL is a trade organization made up of 32 member “companies”. Those companies each have an extremely high number of minority employees.

Every well run company and organization cares about its members and employees. I believe the NFL is very well run, so to answer your question, “yes, I do believe the NFL cares about social issues.”

8. KingRoach

Parts of society have evolved. If you think all of society has evolved takes a look at the TGG message board.

That being said, Michael Sam’s combine numbers were straight trash. You mentioned Carl Lawson. Here are links to their combine numbers. Not even close.

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=20938

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=22063

9. Linebacker712

I want whatever you're smoking!

10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The combine is for one day. How many times have we heard that what a player does on the field for his college career is far more important than combine results? If the combine is the "be all and end all" then why play college football? Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71 40 at the combine but went on to be one of the greatest NFL receivers.

11. KingRoach

I’m smoking a combination of an education and logic. You should try it sometime, I highly recommend it.

12. KingRoach

The amount of players who tanked their pro day and found NFL success could be counted on your 2 hands.

The amount of players who found success in college but never made it in the pros could fill a phone book (remember those?).

*I’m not saying him being gay wasn’t a factor. Why take all the extra heat and attention for someone destined to the PS.

13. Linebacker712

Normally, I'd applaud you. But I think you misspelled "condescending self-importance".

That the NFL is a well run organization that cares about its players and staff and truly cares about social justice issues is laughable. They're an organization that cares about one thing: Make money.

ouchy, dawinner127 and westiedog1 like this.
  14. KingRoach

What an interesting world it would be if people could care about more than one thing at the same time….

Remember when I said earlier that good companies care about their employees? Ever consider that better companies then are able to retain better employees? Ever consider better employees can make companies more money?

Caring about your employees and caring about money are not mutually exclusive.

If you’re wrong about this, think about all the other things I’ve been wrong about. It might be eye opening.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Gholston lasted as long as he did because he was a high first round pick and the Jets were desperate to see some ROI out of him.

patleahy and bicketybam like this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Who's what's his old username?

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

I remember that story about the funeral incident. His own family didn't want him there. His own family is scared of him.

Mental illness or not he's a scumbag pos.