Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That he's on a cheap rookie contract doesn't mean anything. He sucks. I don't want him anywhere near the playing field getting Zach injured.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's still better the mcdermott. if fant or becton goes down, we are much better off with edoga then mcdermott. that was the point

3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Whoa--I couldn't disagree more.

What criteria are you using that leads to the conclusion edoga is better than Mcdermott? The difference in cap is about 200k which is a .001 difference in total cap so that's a non-issue.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Edoga is pretty bad too. Against the Chargers Bosa recorded 0 sacks but he beat Edoga like a drum on his way to a career day for QB knockdowns with 5. Edoga will get Zach Wilson knocked down and knocked out and Bosa had lined up opposite of some pretty bad OTs but never once knocked down their QBs 5x; until Edoga.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I've never seen a lineman with such skinny legs as Edoga have success in the NFL. the man is "top heavy." that's the last thing you want in a lineman. I can't believe he was even drafted. It makes me question the scouting dept, although, I think/hope all those guys are long gone now

blackssmagic likes this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I don’t believe the scouting dept drafts players. I’m not positive but that might be the GM’s job. The GM might give the scouts criteria, like “Sam needs a friend” and they show options based on that criteria.

Luckily, the GM who drifted Edoga is long gone.

wewantsapp and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Right. they dont make the final call but every GM uses their evaluations in his decision-making because they watch them more closely. Some scout(s) liked Edoga, McCagnan didn't make that call on his own

8. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

good point @BrowningNagle

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yeah he was drafted the year after Sam out of USC could be wrong but I've always had a strange feeling Sam convinced Maccagnan to make the pick.

10. GasedAndConfused

my eyes. but besides that PFF has edoga graded much higher. They both played around the same amount of snaps last year (235 and 247) and they graded edoga 61.3 and mcdermott a 54.2
    IDK where all the mcdermott love comes from. I think it's jet hate/bias where edoga is hated more being a 3rd round pick with high expectations of a past crappy GM and mcdermott was a JD FA signing for depth with low expectations. but there is a reason edoga is higher on the depth chart he's just better, but both suck. I'll take the one that sucks less

11. GasedAndConfused

edoga's NFL comp was beachum, who was our LT when we drafted edoga and edoga was supposed to replace him. beachum had a solid career. edoga hasn't done dick. shit happens.

here is his draft bio https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/chuma-edoga

he was a solid pick for a late 3rd rounder. maybe a little high but not too bad. JD drafted clark in the 4th who hasn't done dick. it happens

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Edoga did very well in Sr. Bowl practices. I think that's what got him drafted by the Jets.

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

IDK if both worked out and got better this offseason, but based on McD trajectory, I anticipate a great year out of him--and he plays inside and out so maybe that influences ED higher on T depth chart.

I guess we'll see come game 1.

14. GasedAndConfused

dude is a 6th round pick who's 28 and on his 3rd team. he isn't going to turn into starting material at this point

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

You're not lying man and the same goes for Fant. He's most certainly is no undrafted Robby Anderson type of gem the guy is 29 years old and heading into his 6th season already having suffered an ACL injury and now on his 2nd team but yet still absolutely stinks.

All 3 of Van Roten/Fant/Edoga are absolute dog crap which is why our 2020 right side of our O-Line was the worst it's ever been in probably Franchise history last year and all 3 imo must be replaced immediately.

I'd also like to see us draft the #1 rated Center within the Country out of Iowa in Tyler Linderbaum with one of our two 1st round picks because it's not Jets football without Mawae/Mangold (Pt.3) in order to create a Joe Douglas core trio of Mekhi Becton (LT), Alijah Vera-Tucker (LG) and Tyler Linderbaum (Center).

Both Linderbaum and Moses @ Center and RT would become A+ upgrades for Zach Wilson by the time the kid plays his 2nd year.

LT: Becton.
    LG: Vera-Tucker.
    C: Linderbaum.
    RT: Moses.

Would become an excellent JD built O-Line and from there we'd have plenty of time to draft or FA sign our future RG that'll 100% complete our O-Line transformation while Zach Wilson's plays out his 4-5 year rookie contract.

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Made in Scotland from girders.

Got to get the thread back on track somehow.

K'OB likes this.
  17. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I had this dream where you apologized to the TGG board for making long drawn out posts and said you’d stop shitting on one of our player elected captains in Fant.

I thought I’d actually ready it so either you edited the post or It was a dream…. Im hoping it was a dream Bc it would be really fucking weird otherwise.

abyzmul and K'OB like this.
  18. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

He was a starting 6th lineman. The Seahawks ran a lot of Jumbo packages that year and in 2019.

A 6th lineman and *swingtackle are 2 different things.

#398 ZachMFWilson, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    KingRoach likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

@KingRoach Did you really just use 64 words @ 6:00 am in order to take an anger rage swing @ me and all because of 216 words with 5 paragraphs of nothing but an O-Line post?

It takes the average human exactly 1.7 minutes to read 216 words.

You're quoting me all over a post that was 5 paragraphs long and only 216 words?

DWC: 216 words of O-Line talk (100%).

KR: 62 words of 0.00% O-Line talk but 100% degrading others.

I'll take DWC for $216 Alex (rip).

I just went to this thing called word counter online right and it's telling me that the post you disliked of mine, quoted of mine and mocked me over @KingRoach only takes the average human exactly 1.7 minutes to read (a grand total of 216 words) in comparison to your 62 words that wasted 30 seconds of my sweet precious time without a single O-lineman mention from you.

So you're mocking me and laughing @ me all over 1.7 minutes of your time on a sports forum?

https://wordstotime.com/

Please understand that as an NYJ fan i feel like taking my time in order to speak offseason Jets Football featuring 3-5 paragraphs on an NYJ sports message board well then that's my right, right; and who are you to mock me over it?

(Go join Twitter. You'll love their 1 line fillers of sports talk).

#399 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

for fucks sakes......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.