Keys to Success Vol. 5 | The Rushing Attack

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Jun 20, 2021.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Will the Jets have a Top 15 rushing attack in 2021?

Joe Douglas has made a concerted effort to not only strengthen the offensive line, but also the playmakers. Adding Alijah Vera-Tucker to the Offensive Line and RB Michael Carter will help this team to get the running game going. I am also a believer in Tevin Coleman and Ty Johnson. It should be a really nice mix in the committee!

Over the last 3 seasons, the New York Jets have been a bottom 8 running team in the NFL. The coaching staff brings over the Shanahan Wide Zone running scheme and it is IDEAL for getting the most out of your running game. I can't wait to see how Mike LaFleur calls plays! Will Micahel Cater be the RB1 on this team? Will Ty Johnson be able to continue his success from 2020? Will the offensive line be able dominate at the line of scrimmage?

Like and Subscribe TGG :D

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

Michael Carter.

Steal of the 4th round.

Ranked #4 in the Country in rushing yards.

Ranked #1 in the Country in average yards per rushing attempt (8.0).

UNC set All-Time NCAA RB records with Carter/Williams these kids rushed for 500+ yards combined during a single game NCAA record. As an FSU fan within the ACC I'm in awe of Michael Carter he's the NFL next Dalvin Cook Pt.2 with a whole lot of Leon Washington to his game absolutely electric coming out of the backfield.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm not positive, but not having a 37 year old getting most of the carries should help.

azhar80, NCJetsfan, themorey and 5 others like this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Only 37? Damn.

I really thought he was 40+.

Frank Gore (2020): 14 starts/15 games.

187 HB dives for 653 rushing yards and only 2 TDs with only 16 catches and 0 receiving TDs.

His 3.5 average yards per Rushing attempt? A Frank Gore career low (16 years later).

(Adam Gase was criminal).

5. PennyandtheJets

Ohhhh yes lol

6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm going to miss Frank Gore. He even brought the wheel route into the playbook to open up some nice options. Do any of these committee members bring anything like that to the table?

Color me skeptical.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  7. PennyandtheJets

Lmaooo Bon Voyage Frank.

8. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I agree with Penny...I think Ty Johnson will do well in this offense. But I absolutely love MC1 and look forward to watching him progress.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I hope you're being sarcastic?

Frank Gore should've never been on the Jets to begin with (Adam Gase) and he should've never been allowed to steal a single snap away from any of our younger backs.

Last year @ damn near 40 years old he averaged a disgusting 3.5 ypc and only 2 rushing TDs throughout 187 rushing attempts (187 too many) and only recorded 16 catches for 89 yards and 0 TD Receptions; our 14 game started had a whooping 2 TDs.

He was absolutely useless (14 starts).

And to make it worse?

• That one game where he got hurt and left the game early 1st Q after 1 run for only 2 yards vs. the awesome run Defensive of the Raiders?

• Our younger backs finally had a chance to shine (week 13) and they absolutely flourished!

Ty Johnson: 22 carries for 104 yards and TD (2 catches for 13 yards). 4.72 yards per carry.

Josh Adams: 8 carries for 75 yards. 9.3 yards per carry.

Combined: 30 carries for 179 rushing yards and 1 TD (5.9 yards per pop).

We lost the game 31-28 but it was at least, fun?

And the next week @ Seattle? Criminal.

Adam Gase: Gave Gore 8 carries for 23 yards (got another START) vs. only 14 runs for Johnson/Adams (combined).

How Gase could force feed a 40 year old Frank Gore while completely ignoring 3 younger RBs in Johnson/Adams/Perine was absolutely criminal, it was disgusting.

Frank Gore's 187 rushing attempts (3.5 yards per carry) were more runs than all 3 of Ty Johnson/Josh Adams and La'Mical Perine COMBINED (only 147 rushing attempts, combined) despite those 3 younger backs combining for an average of 5.0 yards per carry.

In closing:

Frank Gore =
    187 rushing attempts for 653 rushing yards (3.5 yards per carry).

Vs.

Ty Johnson/Josh Adams/La'Mical Perine (combined) =

147 rushing attempts for 743 rushing yards (5.05 yards per carry).

~~~~~~~~~~~

But yet it was Frank Gore who received his 14 Adam Gase starts? Criminal.

azhar80 likes this.
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

lev bell avg 3.2 in 2019..... worse than gore!!!

azhar80 likes this.
  11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

top 15 ? whew... I doubt it.... if we're top 20 it'd be a biiiig improvement...

12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I know you're joking, but this reminded me of a sublime wheel route Chad threw to one of our backs. I can't for the life of me remember the details. I thought it was in the playoffs and I thought it was Jerald Sowell, but his catches were rare as hens' teeth so I'm not sure...

Pepsiguy5 likes this.