Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we also had 4 new starters, tons of injuries around him (we started 9 different o-line combos in 2020 due to injury) and had no mini camp to gel due to covid. PFF ranked him in the top 10 of centers for the 2nd half of the year too. I'm not concerned about mcgovern

K'OB and Noam like this.
  2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

LOL DWC you crack me up, dude......"The Great Jets Debates" sounds like a program you would gladly host on a local cable access channel. And if course it would probably last around 4-5 hours at least, lol. :(

3. patleahy

@ukjetsfan I know you were being serious, uk, and I agree with you....but the more I read this post the more I laugh, because of the absurdity of it all. It is like DWC is beating the entire board into a TKO-type of submission and you are just calling for an end to the carnage, lol. :(:eek:o_O:D

#243 patleahy, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we want a great offense then we need at least 3 more great linemen. Not serviceable linemen, quality linemen. Fant would be good as a backup but not ideal if we want a top offense. IMO we need at least another quality guard, center, and tackle. Ideally two more quality guards for depth. It would have been wise to have added more towards this in the draft, as we had the capital going in.

But if Moses is whats available now then we should add him. We gotta be willing to spend on the o-line right now because the best way to support Zack's development is to build that wall in front of him. Plus, it doesn't seem like there is a lot left to choose from. I'm really hoping we don't take Zack into the season with just what we've currently got up front.

#244 ouchy, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    patleahy likes this.
  5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

we dontneed 3 more great O lineman to have a great offense.

6. patleahy

^^^well-said, @ouchy I think we ALL can agree on those points. :);)

ouchy likes this.
  7. patleahy

@ouhcy wants to build the greatest O-Line of all-time, @jonnyd ;):)

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

lol I giess so...5 All Pros or we cant have a great offense.....so ridicuous

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  9. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That’s fine but a team can’t do that in one offseason the way the salary cap is structured ..... JD wants quality OL and it’ll take a couple years. This coming offseason look for him to just about complete the OL makeover with at least another high selection and possibly a FA addition.

patleahy and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. mrjet80

Exactly and the Cowboys are a prime example. They haven’t sniffed a Super Bowl after all those high picks were invested in the OL.

I’m not saying it won’t ever work out that way it’s just these high picks have to be spread around to install a complete rebuild properly.

12. patleahy

as usual well-said @mrjet80 ...you have to do a complete rebuild properly...which means you can't let yourself go COMPLETELY OVERBOARD in any one specific direction, as in spending all of your resources on one side of the ball or on one positional unit in particular, at the expense of the rest of the roster.

mrjet80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. mrjet80

Exactly ...

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Moses camp released that propaganda, no leaks at One Jets Drive. Seems to me there trying to drive up the price for some other team to sign him. Why would he go to the Jets and compete for a job when he would just sign and start somewhere else and win?

Trainer and patleahy like this.
  15. patleahy

@sec314 yep...the chuckleheads in the media with all of their breathless "Moses signing is IMMINENT" bs got played big time on this one.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I didn't say 5 all pros. Where did it come to that? I said 5 quality linemen. None of them just serviceable. This is not overly expensive to accomplish if you have the draft capital.

But that's only if you want to build a top offense. The game is still won and lost up front. I'm not sure why some are acting like wanting a top OL line is ridiculous? Can you point to the seasons we've had success without one?

patleahy likes this.
  17. mrjet80

There’s no disagreement that the Jets need a top OL to run this offense successfully. It’s just going to take a little longer than one draft. To build a quality OL usually takes a good three years between the draft and FA including putting up the temporary wall with the Van Rotten, Lewis, Fant type players and then going out and spending high picks on the permanent solutions. JD trading those picks to move up for Tucker would indicate he put quality over quantity in that particular situation. Hopefully he’s as good as advertised. This next offseason he’ll probably bring aboard a new RT.....

But I’m sure everybody is in agreement a good rebuild flows through the OL.

NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

No. He's not up for the challenge. I can't stand him @ Center.

We come from the days of Kevin Mawae and Nick Mangold and watching McGovern get blown up and physically manhandled doesn't even feel like we're watching the Jets anymore.

Tyler Linderbaum this up coming draft out of Iowa is a 100% must in order to create an LT/LG/Center trio of Mekhi Becton/Vera-Tucker/Linderbaum (for Zach Wilson) long term.

This kid is an animal of a Center and already rated as the Country's #1 Center and also has an awesome wrestling background (his form as a Center is 2nd to none imo).

We've got two 1st round picks come 2022 and Tyler Linderbaum is the kid who I want with Seattle's pick.

Just imagine turning a Safety Jamal Adams into two blue chip 1st round O-Lineman in Alijah Vera-Tucker out of USC (LG) and Tyler Linderbaum out of Iowa (Center)?

Now that's what you call, building around your QB.

LT: Mekhi Becton (3rd year). 1st Rd.
    LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker (2nd year). 1st Rd.
    C: Tyler Linderbaum (Rookie). 1st Rd.

Talk about a homegrown Joe Douglas built O-Line (look above).

RT: Morgan Moses (The veteran with 96 consecutive starts would bless these younger kids with work ethic, knowledge and leadership).

19. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

That's exactly it! I just want it to end and for our regularly scheduled programming to return! I feel like this thread has been hijacked by two cavemen clubbing each other over the head, not realising they both have such thick skulls they can't actually make any impression...

Noam and patleahy like this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Highjacked man? All for talking offseason Jets football?

Just look at the thread title...

"Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses".

I feel very passionate about the type of addition Morgan Moses would become for us. He'd become to Zach Wilson @ RT what Damien Woody was once for Mark Sanchez @ RT.

And I also feel very passionate about how awful Fant was @ RT for us. I don't want him anywhere near Zach Wilson.

The likes of DWC (me) and @KingRoach turned this thread into nothing but Football talk featuring Moses vs. Fant consisting of nothing but PFF grades, Wiki Quotes, highlight videos and then some.

Threads like this is what TGG is all about because "one line fillers" belong on Twitter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.