TGG: Your Top 10 Jets (in order) who you're most looking forward to watching heading into 2021?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 20, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

My top 10 in regards to excitement level.

1.) I can't lie, QB Zach Wilson.

2.) Mekhi Becton.
    Franchise LT.

3.) Quinnen Williams (in a 4-3).
    Cornerstone DT.

4.) Elijah Moore.
    Electric. Explosive. Dual-threat WR.

5.) C.J Mosley.
    Under coach Saleh this fires me up @ MLB.

6.) Carl Lawson.
    I miss #94. Lawson alongside QW = QB nightmare.

7.) Michael Carter.
    4th round rookie steal. RB ELECTRICITY.

8.) Denzel Mims.
    Surrounded by weapons could be a problem.

9.) Alijah Vera-Tucker.
    #1 ranked interior O-Lineman coming out. 1st round LG. Playing alongside Mt. Becton could become a Brick-of-Gold vol.2.

10.) Marcus Maye.
    I've been hard on him over the years while comparing him to #33 but under coach Saleh I'm beginning to become thankful and fired up for him. Versatile, Safety.

Bonus: Morgan Moses.
    Franchise RT. (fingers crossed JD makes him a Jet) because he'll then immediately sky rocket up my top 10 and drop everyone (below Elijah Moore) down one spot.

~

My top 10 most underrated/sleeper Jets.

1.) Hamsah Nasirildeen.
    I'm sorry. As an FSU fan I can't help it. Steal of the defensive draft 1st round talent 6th round robbery an even better kid and person. A+ value pick all gas no break an absolute tackling machine and an extremely low risk super high reward type of situation. Saleh and Ulbrich are both going to love him and I think they already do.

2.) Corey Davis.
    Our 6'3 #1 WR on the outside. No longer playing within a Derrick Henry Tennessee Offense who passing the football only ranked the 31st, 31st and 30th (in pass attempts) throughout his previous 3 years of 2018-2020; Mike LaFleur read an article is already raving about his first step in the ground and overall physicality.

3.) Telvin Coleman.
    Dude is more electric as an RB than I initially had thought. Sprained knee forced him to miss 8 games last year but 2016-2019 combined throughout these 4 season(s) he was an absolute Offensive NFL weapon.

Combined for 3,668 All-purpose yards from scrimmage (917 yards per season!) with 4.3 ypc and 111 pass receptions as a Dual-Threat HB (72.5% catch rate) with another 35 combined TDs (2016-2019).

Mike LaFleur is getting this dude the rock in space.

This thread wouldn't be complete without, 1 YouTube highlights.

4.) Jamison Crowder. Veteran receiver for a fully loaded WR room. Still only 28 years of age.

5.) Keelan Cole. I'm a sucker for WRs and this kid looks pretty fun to watch. Quick and elusive with route running ability to get open and shifty in open space.

6.) Sheldon Rankins. 4-3 DT. Former 12th overall pick of 2016's 1st round. 66 games played with 33 career starts. 17.5 career sacks (8.0 sacks was a career high, 2018). This D-Line overall fires me up.

7-10.) I'm lumping all 4 of:

Bryce Hall (CB).
    Jarrad Davis (Linebacker),
    Folorunso Fatukasi (D-Line)
    Kenny Yeboah (TE) together;

Together.

Because I don't know how to rank them in order (excitement level) I just know that I really like them as ball players.

(And suddenly under Joe Douglas and coach Saleh our roster doesn't seem so and look so, dark)

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

And throughout my top 20 players who I'm most looking forward to, I just went back and counted and I'm noticing a nice mixture of blend and balance.

11 Offensive players

vs

9 Defensive players.

Offense: Wilson, Becton, Elijah, Michael Carter, Mims, Vera-Tucker, Corey Davis, Coleman, Crowder, Keelan and Yeboah.

vs.

Defense:
    QW, Mosley, Lawson, Maye, Nasirildeen, Rankins, Hall, J. Davis and Fatu (80.6 PFF loves this guy).

I bet practices are pretty intense and full of excitement and dare I say, talent?

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The rookies at QB, RB, WR, and OL.

How they perform will give us a good idea of what to expect for the next few years.

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I will be keeping my eye on Long Snapper Thomas Hennessy.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Speaking of special teams, thnx you; just reminded me of...

Justin Hardee.

The #1 and best special teams gunner in the league today.

Led the Saints last year on special teams and New Orleans as a ST unit just set an All-Time NFL special teams record of less than 50 punt return yards allowed...

Saints: 46 punt return yards allowed (#1 all time).

vs.

Jets: 446 punt return yards allowed (31st).

This man is a Special Teams bullet.

Noam and westiedog1 like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Why stop there, why not rank the top 53?

Aero, REVISion, Jets81 and 3 others like this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What about the practice squad? Top 63?

westiedog1 and FJF like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm excited to see how all the rookies do, as well as Q, Rankins, Curry, Joyner, Davis, and Hardee.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

At this point in his development as a budding hopeful sports journalist, one would hope that Philly StackZ would have at least developed more creative formatting to spruce up the endless player lists that he's banking on getting him into the big time.

10. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

First goddamn week of winter...

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Why come into this thread in order to mock someone else, without adding your own Football 101 insight?

Which top 10 players are you most looking forward to watching while heading into 2021?

1.)
    2.)
    3.)
    4.)
    5.)
    6.)
    7.)
    8.)
    9.)
    10.)

Any sleeper/underdog picks?

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Why come into this thread in order to mock someone else, without adding your own Football 101 insight?

Which top 10 players are you most looking forward to watching while heading into 2021?

1.)
    2.)
    3.)
    4.)
    5.)
    6.)
    7.)
    8.)
    9.)
    10.)

Any sleeper/underdog picks?

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Also NC our 2020 rookies and now 2nd year players in...

LT: Mekhi Becton (1st round).
    WR: Denzel Mims (2nd round).
    Safety: Ashtyn Davis (3rd round).
    Edge: Jabari Zuniga (3rd round).
    RB: La'Mical Perine (4th round).
    OT: Cameron Clark (4th round).
    CB: Bryce Hall (5th round).

I'm really rooting for these kids NC and am not ready to quit on JD's first ever draft class because now that they've finally escaped an awful environment under Adam Gase I'm feeling as if they're (all) Rookies again (but this time being led under a coach Robert Saleh atmosphere).

I'm hoping these kids have a big training camp this way...

• Both Becton and Mims stay healthy.

• Davis can play opposite of Maye @ Safety.

• Zuniga can line up opposite of Lawson @ DE.

• La'Mical Perine isn't buried alive behind Frank Gore and has a chance to enter the RB rotation behind Michael Carter/Telvin Coleman under Mike LaFleur.

• Clark can start over Fant @ RT (if no Moses).

• Hall continues to improve following an impressive 2020 debut.

Etc.

All I know is going from an Adam Gase led locker room environment to an A+ Robert Saleh led locker room atmosphere will become a culture shock for these kids (but in a good way).

Same goes for our 3rd/4th year kids who were trapped alongside of a locker room cancer Adam Gase in Bless Austin, Folorunso Fatukasi and Chris Herndon; they all get fresh starts under coach Saleh for me too.

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i'll say it again... pronounce his first name to the Houston Oilers fight song.... FO LO RUNSO, FO LO RUNSO FO LO RUNSO Number 1!!!