Getting Vaccinated for Covid

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're going to miss herd immunity by a wide margin at this point before Covid resurfaces in the fall.

That's going to make maybe 20 states relatively safe as the vaccinated get their boosters and 30 a living nightmare again as they go through wave 3 w/o masks or enough vaccinated people.

I'd say fuck it, they deserve it, but that's a lot of hurt for generally poor populations to go through at this point - not to mention some of those states will crash their health systems in the process.

patleahy likes this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Brad with his periodic ray of sunshine to brighten your morning.

dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I think we'll be okay @Br4d

FJF likes this.
  5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Brook,
    I am so jealous of you guys. Turkey and Egypt are on my list of must go places. After 20 years in the military, I was blessed to live all over the world (some places better than others). I was stationed in Germany for 5 years and absolutely loved it. We had tickets to Istanbul several years ago and a genius with the government turned the internet off. Well shit hit the fan, and we decided not to go.

Can you please mail me 10 doner sandwiches.

Brook! and patleahy like this.
  6. patleahy

@Brook! I'll take a couple doner sandwiches while you're at it Brook! and maybe a nice prayer rug! Thanks!

Brook! and blackssmagic like this.
  7. blackssmagic

Hahahhaha, I called first dips on the sandwiches

8. patleahy

haha yeah I know @blackssmagic I'll just take any extras that Brook! gets!! @Brook! has already promised to bring me some fresh Lahmacun straight from his favourite bazaar in Istanbul!!!

Brook! and blackssmagic like this.
  9. blackssmagic

I am almost willing to jump in here luggage and just go. I love the Turkish culture most importantly the food. I want a doner so damn bad. That was my Friday night meal every week

Brook! and patleahy like this.
  10. Brook!

No good Doner places in New Jersey. Sorry. I am traveling to Turkey in 10 days. Be my guests and I will buy you the best doner in Istanbul.

blackssmagic and patleahy like this.
  11. blackssmagic

Brook, mail them from Turkey to Alaska...I will pay you....I can take immodium if I have too

12. Brook!

Man. You are too far. One day, come to NJ and I will cook you Doner I promise

blackssmagic likes this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Here's a hot one about COVID: padding and outright fraud.

You do NOT owe a co-pay for a PCR or Rapid Test if you are not seen by a Dr. What a story this is, as in newsworthy. Under investigation by the DOH courtesy of me, I hope they enjoy their anxiety.

I used to do health insurance and billing for a living, and they messed with the wrong person. Haha, ask for my non-existent records like I did. Insurance companies suck balls, but I did these idiots a favor.

I wouldn't let it go because ya damn well know Medicare patients were getting rolled and Medicaid was being scammed up the butt. It made me so mad. COVID billing changed in 1/21 because initially it was unclear how to bill. It's clear as crystal now. It's fraud.

The best part was when I walked into a Pediatric practice and asked to sign a medical release for my records for laughs. There aren't any, obviously. I was swabbed in the parking lot. If you're billing for an office visit, you better be able to prove it. Meaningful Use, how can anyone be that dumb. This one moron billed extended evaluation new patient. I never saw that Dr. in my life.

So anyway, I just got a friend's hospital bill reduced from $7K to $1K, haha. I'm so good at it. It's such a ridiculous game, but I know all the moves. I recently had surgery and jokingly said, "So, how much is this going to cost?" In a way you're almost better off without insurance, but that's a whole other ball of yarn. The garbage that goes on.