Jets negotiating multi-year deal with OT Morgan Moses(Signs 1 year deal with Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I think a lot of Jets fans are way too down on Fant (who I do not think is as bad as they are saying) and a little too high on Moses. At this point, I think that what @KingRoach said is likely true. Moses and his agent were playing the Jets, leaking the story that a deal was close at hand to drive up his asking price with the other teams who are interested in his services (Colts, Bears, etc.). At this point I would say it is no more than 50/50 he signs here. He might, he might not, but the mere fact that a signing has yet to be officially announced means those breathless reports of "a deal with the Jets being IMMINENT" were bs.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Fant is who he is lol. Can’t believe there’s a George Fant argument going on here haha.

patleahy, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. patleahy

@Mogriffjr I agree that Fant is who he is.....he is a serviceable OL nothing more...but he also isn't as horrible as some folks are making him out to be with comments about how "he will be out of the league and flipping burgers the second we sign Moses, etc etc."

K'OB likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Football (American style) is the most contact-intensive team sport. All things being equal, bigger, faster, stronger, is better - on the surface. But as we're seeing, this may not actually be true. For some people who can carry that weight and speed, it is a clear advantage, but those people are very few and far between. But we've taken to screwing with Nature by getting kids to bulk up and push their bodies beyond what their natural growth rate would be. There' s a price to be paid when that's done. But I doubt anyone will do anything about it.

I still say they ought to return to the days of two-way football, where players had to play both offense and defense, and they also ought to eliminate most of the "protective" equipment they wear - get it down to a helmet with a facemask, thin shoulder pads, a protective cup and cleats. Doing that will cut way down on players using their "armor coated" bodies as weapons and prevent injuries to themselves and others. Never going to happen though.

Noam, K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!!! Love it!

Jets81 likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

If you really want to make it exciting, take away the protective cup too! LOL

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

question my "love". hmm. ur right ..i dont love the jets. they are my favorite team and i am loyal to them. i wouldnt say love.

am not feeling the 2nd most rushing attempts type of pass:run ratio

shanny went to sb with falcons who threw more than ran...(537/421).while being pretty balanced...
    works to about 6 more throws than runs per game...

anyway....we'll find out... dont think ZW needs to be protected from hurting the team with bad plays as Chez was @DefenseWinsChampionships

KingRoach, Noam and patleahy like this.
  8. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Wonder if Fant takes a pay cut

9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

My asking HOW MUCH is "alot" is simply for clarification.

It's not b/c I have a definitive feel that we'll pass more than run.

KingRoach and patleahy like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Me neither and I'll try my best to keep this more to the point i let myself get sucked into this conversation had read words like All-Pro potential and George Fant within the same sentence etc and from there I was just trying to show how Fant/Moses/Solder had and still have nothing to do with one another of whatsoever.

Did anyone else actually even enjoy watching the right side of our O-line last year in either pass protection or when run blocking?

#150 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    blackssmagic and Noam like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

KingRoach and DWC will you kindly get a room and stop hijacking this thread? Thank you.

12. patleahy

It's like Ali v. Frazier III...aka the Thrilla in Manila.....Neither man is willing to be the first to back down....:eek:

#152 patleahy, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  13. NCJetsfan

Seriously? Questioning others love of the Jets is out of line. Everyone is different. People have varying amounts of time to spend reading about the Jets and have varying amounts of money that they're willing to spend on the Jets. I dare say, except for fans of other teams who come here to troll, people wouldn't go to the trouble of signing up on a Jets' fan site and then reading and posting unless they're masochists. I've posted with losmeister on another site for several years, and I can attest to his knowledge and love for the Jets. Jetophile can as well.

If you're going to question anyone's love for the Jets, why not question those posters who never post in this forum except to put down, criticize and make fun of other posters. They never post anything of interest, merit, to stimulate discussion, to educate or worthwhile.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

You know, DWC and I have gone back and forth on a few heated debates over the years. But he keeps his focus on debating and I have a lot of respect for that. One thing he doesn't do is resort to personal attacks or take cheap shots at someone when they aren't part of the conversation, or even around the board.

If us not agreeing makes me "the dumbest poster" then so be it. But you live in a glass house my friend. Cheap shots are your style. I'd rather hear DWCs point of view then yours. That doesn't mean I'm going to tell you what to post.

#154 ouchy, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

facts

16. patleahy

I respect the fact that you stood up for yourself, @ouchy , esp as how your name was dragged into the debate for no valid reason. Well-done. ;)

Mogriffjr likes this.
  17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of your posts and I might share a common feeling of frustration from reading posts that some might say lack in objectivity.

But, I do like your reply above and I agree with what you say about cheap shots. This board is a much better place when we treat each other well. We are all Jet fans and we should we should treat each other kindly and with respect.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Maybe he's just going through a tough time and having a bad offseason.

#158 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 19, 2021
    ouchy likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

My Grandpa used to tell us throwback stories of his 1968-69 Jets he loved them I miss that man and because of that Joe Namath will always be a part of my childhood. Yes. I want to see my grandpa's favorite players dance on Broadway just one more time it'll probably bring tears to my eyes and my mom is now 70 years young. Same era as Joe. She was born and raised in Queens. She'll dance with me alongside our legendary Jets.

#159 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 19, 2021
  20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Whatever blows your hair back. I'm 53 and the Jets are the only sports team that I root for that has never won a championship during my lifetime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.