Sights and Sounds - Jets Minicamp (June)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He really is struggling.

Not going to read much into that, but injuries and terrible practices is not a good mix

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Honestly for what his hype did to this board alone I hope he continues to struggle. Horrible, forgettable season and this guy was a huge part of it for Jets fans.

Falco21 likes this.
  3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's hard for me to read much into him struggling. Many QBs struggle during the transition. Hell, Mahomes had many struggles when he was a rookie in camp.

But so far a non throwing shoulder injury and a hamstring injury before game 1 is not a good sign. I've said it from the beginning, but I would not be surprised if Zach Wilson has an amazing career, better than Trevor Lawrence

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Let's not count our chickens just yet. We always annoint and dismiss way to quickly as Jet fans. I am just hoping Zach has a good camp and a good game 1. Then we can go from there.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yep. I've only seen those two practice reports, but 12 interceptions is not good. His accuracy numbers are off the charts bad as well. He had the worst accuracy of any of the top 4-5 QBs, I believe, and I thought it would probably cause him problems in the NFL, but I didn't think it would be this much, this early. Maybe he's getting all those throws out of his system and learning, or maybe the hamstring injury is affecting him. Coupled with his attitude of being able to walk away from football and not feel any remorse, however, I'm really glad that we finished #2 and got Zach.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Truth. It seems like the Jets got the real baller (so far). Makes you wonder if he would have gone #1 overall if the Jets had he pick.

ColoradoContrails, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What gets me is the tag generational talent but as you say he was inaccurate compared to the others, how does that get squared up at the end of the day?

Let's hope those two shitty wins end up being the biggest bonus ever.

JohnnyJet1222, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It is a good question. The problem is TL is deemed safe pic, the big name who will get your team lots of publicity and the media darling. If he fails it is somewhat ok as he was the universal pick but if you take Wilson at 1 and he fails everyone loses their job. It would take a lot of guts to take Wilson at 1.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

True enough. At #2 Douglas would probably keep his job even if Wilson doesn’t pan out so long as he builds a real contender around him. Being a QB away isn’t ideal but we saw what happened when Tampa Bay actually landed one.

Noam likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. And down here in TB it was more than just Brady. They had two awesome WRs for him already in place in Evans and Godwin. They added Gronk @ TE and Antonio Brown @ WR. They added Fournette @ RB to feature a sick 1-2 punch with Jones and then they also Invested a 1st round pick @ RT to help protect the GOAT.

That's what you've gotta do to win, in an Offensive driven league.

And Bowles is an awesome, awesome Defensive mind.

azhar80 likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I too said that Wilson was better than Lawrence, and was happy the Jets got the #2 pick to avoid being tempted into taking TL. That said, I think Lawrence will be ok eventually. YOu don't put up the numbers he did and have the success he had for a big time program being chopped liver. And keep in mind how bad Josh Allen's accuracy was and he overcame that. That's not to say that Lawrence has the same drive as Allen, but if he wants to be a great NFL QB he'll put in the effort. In any case, regardless of what happens with TL, I'm confident that the Jets have the best QB they've had since Namath.

azhar80, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would hope so, and based on comments made after the draft and how closely Douglas scouted him, I think he would've taken Wilson, but that would've taken a big pair of balls.

Jets81 and Noam like this.