The NYJ Today Podcast | Ep. 22 (Call-in Show + Flight 2021 Releases Monday!)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Jun 11, 2021.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

We will be LIVE Wednesday, June 16th at 8pm EST
    @Footballgod214 for you!

This Week's Discussion Topics

Current Giveaway Details!
    SIGNED Wayne Chrebet mini-helmet
    (We will be giving this mini-helmet away on Sept. 1st)
    **In order to qualify for the giveaway, you must**
    -Be a visible subscriber
    -NYJ Today must have 1,000 subscribers by Sept. 1st

Topic 1- Voicemails/Mail-Bag/Call-in/Live Comments
    Leave your name, where you are calling from and what you want us to talk about. (347) 921-1468
    Send mail-bag questions/takes to nyjtoday@gmail.com

Topic 2- Flight 2021| Jets Mini-Series
    What are you hoping to see and learn from this 4 episode series that the New York Jets are releasing this coming Monday?

Topic 3- Mims Current Injury/Illness
    Similar to last week's discussion about Mehki Becton, this week we are talking about Mims missing MORE practices/offseason work. Could this impact his role early in the season? Is it possible that Keelan Cole becomes the #2 outside WR? Do you have concerns with Mims' development?

Topic 4- Hamsah Nasirildeen vs Jamien Sherwood
    These two players were selected in the 5th and 6th round after playing as Safeties in College Football. They will now be transitioning to from that S position to playing LB! What are your thoughts on these two as LBers in this scheme? Do you trust DC Jeff Ulbrich to get the most out of these two? Who do you expect to get the most playing time? Will the non-starter make an impact on Special Teams?

Topic 5- Braxton Berrios is getting OVERHYPED by Fans! ‍♂️
    The fans on Jets Twitter are getting OUT OF CONTROL with this hype of WR Braxton Berrios and I have the tweets to prove it! What do YOU expect from Berrios this season? Where do you think he ranks in the WR Depth Chart? Does his OTA news make you excited or do you still view him similarly?

Topic 6- Jets Tailgating Experiences | DIY OR Purchase Tickets to a Tailgate?
    In the past, I have always just taken the DIY approach to tailgating, but I would love to hear what YOU all do for tailgating! Have you ever attended a catered tailgate party? If so, did you enjoy it and who was it with? I have heard great things about Gang Green Empire.

2. PennyandtheJets

Send in those voicemails (347) 921-1468

OR

Mailbag questions/takes nyjtoday@gmail.com (You can also just post them in this thread!)

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Topic 3:

I'm not worried about Denzel Mims injury history man.

A). He played 37 consecutive games throughout his final 3 years @ Baylor (without an injury).

B.) He suffered a hamstring injury during the offseason and once returning? He played 9 consecutive NFL games without an injury.

C.) Plenty of NFL rookies suffer hamstring injuries such as Julio Jones and Corey Davis and tons more (I believe these kids come out the gates just trying way to hard to be explosive).

Topic 4:

Can't wait!

4.A) It's 100% going to be my dude from FSU in Hamsah Nasirildeen. He's already ahead of Sherwood on the depth chart and received all the 1st team starting OTA reps.

Let's just say he was more of an FSU tackling machine than Jamal Adams was a tacking machine @ LSU. Jamal had 209 tackles @ LSU. Nas @ FSU? 233. And Jamien Sherwood @ Auburn? Only 140. Nasirildeen also has way better ball hawking skills in pass coverage when in comparison to Sherwood.

4.B) You've gotta love Jeff Ulbrich as our DC and also working with our LBs. He was an LB himself and played 10 years for San Francisco as a former 3rd round pick.

And Robert Saleh was an assistant LB coach with Houston Texans for 2 years and then an official Jaguars LB coach for 3 years;

Our LBs are in great, great hands (understatement).

Topic 5:

Never count Braxton Berrios out. Kid was born in North Carolina and ever since his childhood days (he loved Ed Reed) he had a dream of playing for Miami U down here in Florida. He accomplished his childhood dream to the tune of 100 Receptions for 1,175 receiving yards and 14 TD Receptions as a Hurricane.

@ 5'9/190lbs he's pretty much built identical as Wayne Chrebet once was. Braxton was drafted in the 6th round compared to #80 who went undrafted; this kid just has that 'Wayne Chrebet underdog' feel written all over his heart.

As a 2nd year player last year he recorded 37 Receptions for 394 receiving yards and 3 TD catches and throughout his first two seasons he's fielded 44 KR/PR combined and literally doesn't muff/fumble punts (@ Miami U fielded 50 PR/KR's combined)

I believe he'll 100% be our 6th WR behind Davis/Mims/Elijah/Crowder/Cole while also our starting Punt Returner (what he specialized in @ Miami).

@PennyandtheJets

@PennyandtheJets

#3 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I will be all over topic 5 in the comments section lol

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  5. PennyandtheJets

Still not too late to send in a voicemail. We have 3 already, but would be happy to play more if we get more : )

6. PennyandtheJets

Live NOW on YouTube :cool: