NYJ drafted us 3 of the most explosive (and productive) players coming out in Wilson/Elijah/Carter.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 8, 2021.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ok maybe you guys are right and 2008 was more exciting than I remember.

Just went back and read an old TGG awards thread from 2008, where i won 'The Sunshine Award' with 29 votes (41% of the votes) due to my created threads before every game predicting wins.

Damn. Those were actually some really good memories 36 now hard to believe I was only 23 then.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Dwc really likes his grandfather

3. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

^^^^lol sums up Favre perfectly.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Elijah Moore is in an Ole' Miss league of his own.

[​IMG]

D.K. Metcalf: 2017 (his best season @ Ole' Miss).

12 Games.
    39 Receptions.
    646 Receiving yards.
    7 TD Receptions.

An average of 3.2 receptions, 53.8 receiving yards and 0.58 TDs (Per-Game).

Vs.

[​IMG]

A.J. Brown: 2018 (his best season @ Ole' Miss).

12 Games.
    85 Receptions.
    1,320 Receiving yards.
    6 TD Receptions.

An average of 7.0 receptions, 110 receiving yards and 0.5 TDs (Per-Game).

Vs.

[​IMG]

Elijah Moore: 2020 (his best season @ Ole' Miss).

8 games.
    86 Receptions.
    1,193 Receiving yards.
    8 TD Receptions.

An average of 10.7 receptions, 149 receiving yards and 1.0 TDs (Per-Game).

(Elijah Moore is a problem).

[​IMG]

Ole' Miss is officially the new WR-U.

And A.J. Brown wasn't lying when he told Elijah Moore that he can do shit that not even A.J. Brown himself can do.

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk

#84 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Everyone has been gushing over him. I didn't think he'd be around in the second so I was looking at a Kadarius Toney type who to me is nothing more than a speedster. I can't believe the Giants went WR first off, and I can't believe they went with Toney over Moore. I also can't believe the Ravens went with Bateman over Moore. Maybe it's finally our turn to get "that guy".

Pepsiguy5, Jets81, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, at Giants camp... :D

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/football/nfl/player/63742/kadarius-toney
    • The Athletic's Dan Duggan reports rookie WR Kadarius Toney worked "exclusively" with the Giants' second-team offense during minicamp.
      Toney didn't show up to the team's voluntary workouts because he had not yet signed his rookie contract. Duggan described the move as "bizarre since rookies regularly participate in the offseason program before signing their contracts because they sign waivers that protect them in case of injury." Toney, Duggan said, signed his waiver. The rookie -- who played 17 games as a receiver at Florida -- didn't get any reps with Daniel Jones this spring. It's an "inauspicious" start for Toney, as Duggan said. While his "quickness and agility stand out" at New York practices, Toney has had to leave practices early several times with cleat issues and minor leg injuries. Giants beat writers regularly report on Toney slipping and falling during practice sessions. The team's first-round pick is way behind the proverbial eight ball, and his springtime absence could delay any kind of breakout Toney could have in the Giants' poor passing offense.

SOURCE: The Athletic
      Jun 11, 2021, 10:11 AM ET

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

The Jacksonville Jaguars fan base started to freak out and melt down the very moment Jax passed on Elijah Moore for an often injured CB; they were dreaming of Trevor Lawrence to Elijah Moore the entire night heading into the 1st pick of the 2nd round (and now I'm absolutely loving it).

Just look @ Elijah Moore's YouTube videos and then read the comments section (Pre-Draft) and you'll notice fans of every team praying they'll land Elijah come draft night...

This kid is A++ special.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

I wish Toney wasn't drafted by the Giants so it would sound more sincere when I say I can't believe someone took Toney over Moore. But it's true. I liked Toney as second round pick if we had already locked up Wilson and OL in the first round. I didn't LOVE him, but I would have understood it for sure. I'm glad it all worked out the way it did.

NCJetsfan, REVISion and patleahy like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I think your missing my point. In the off season we had 2 rookies on the o-line which was unknown they'd be as good as they were, a QB with a weak arm coming off 2 major surgeries 2 years in a row and very little depth at WR behind coles and cotchery. I did love me some leon though but it was hardly anything exciting

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I would've lost my mind if we took Toney over Elijah Moore because I've been talking up and dreaming of Elijah Moore since December of last year 2020.

As an FSU fan I'm not a Gators hater either I give credit to their players when I believe they're awesome. I was in love with Kyle Pitts and I think Kaiir Elam this year can become the #1 CB even over Stingley Jr. etc, etc.

But I never wanted anything to do with Toney I would've taken over 10 receivers over him (just like I wanted nothing to do with Ruggs last year). In no specific order...

Elijah Moore.
    Ja'Marr Chase.
    De'Vonta Smith.
    Jaylen Waddle.
    Terrace Marshall Jr.
    Rashod Bateman.
    Rondale Moore.
    TuTu Atwell (SLEEPER).
    D'Wayne Eskridge.
    Amari Rodgers.

No way do I take Toney over any one of these kids above. No way. There's a reason why I never even mentioned Toney's name throughout all of 2020.

He's a 1 hit wonder and did absolutely nothing throughout his first 3 years and if not for Pitts he would've been exposed as a Senior this past season.

Worst pick of the 1st round.

patleahy likes this.
  11. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I agree with your Tony take, @DefenseWinsChampionships I was wary of him as well..definitely had a one hit wonder/overhyped vibe about him. Honestly kind of reminded me of Kevin White, the one-hit wonder/speedster WR from WVU that the Bears selected in the first round in 2014. Glad we got Moore.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Don't troll me dude. We both know this argument was you claiming I was crazy to want Devonta Smith over Elijah Moore (like that was some big stretch).

Then you twisted a lot of stats to make it look like you had a point - which was incorrect. You just don't comprehend how to read stats. For example, claiming a 1.0 TD per game percentage is comparable to a 1.7 TD percentage. That point seven means a lot - like a 7 more TDs every ten games lot. More wasn't in Smiths league scoring TDs. Reducing it to a .7 difference in stats is a joke.

The dispute about Moore being primarily a slot receiver is also a joke. Berrios isn't just a slot receiver either, and the fact that he had to start 2 games last season as the #1 proves it. But in reality he is a slot receiver that belongs in the slot. We didn't bring Berrios in here to be the #1 receiver, and we didn't bring Moore in to be the #1, or likely even #2 either. If he ends up being a viable #2 then great - but that is not why we drafted him. This isn't compared to Smith who is a true #1 or #2 or slot receiver. He has shown he can play all three equally well, and has shown that he is a much more versatile offensive weapon. That was my point before you decided to focus on the "Moore isn't just a slot receiver" part. Fine, neither is Berrios. But Smiths positional pedigree and skill set is much higher then Moore's is - at least at this stage.

So Moore is your Jerry Judy this season and that's fine. I'm happy for you that he is on our team. I'll tell you what. If you think Moore is going to have a better season then Smith then lets bet. But not money - lets bet something worthwhile. Whoever is wrong has to make a post admitting they were wrong at the end of the season.

13. BroadwayAaron

There is a whole lot going on here... but I'll just stick with the last part. The coach that drafted him just said 24 hours ago that Moore can play every WR position and that's going to help them find ways to get the ball to him. I don't think you talk like that about your second round pick (that should have been a first round pick) if you're just drafting him to play in the slot and don't think he can be a 1 or 2.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Berrios can play #1 also and thats how we can get him the ball. Is that why we brought him here? Do you think we drafted Moore to be our #1 WR? Did anyone in the league have Moore slated as a potential #1 WR? If they did he would have gone in the 1st round. " But the coach says", stuff is why posting this time of year is so meaningless. Seriously, maybe he becomes the next Coles - but that is not how he was viewed going into the draft. Reading training camp articles and building a guy up to suggest he had the positional pedigree that Smith had is a lot of smoke. I hope he can line up outside and have success in the NFL.

Yankjetfan and patleahy like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

If you're just gonna pretend that you know what our front office and coaching staff thinks about a player as the backbone of your argument then I'm just gonna bow out.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with what he did in college. If he has grown since then fine. By your own quote it says, "line up at other places to find ways to get him the ball". That alone suggests he is a slot guy that they want to incorporate more into the offense. It does not say he is a true X or Z wideout. Yet if that's all anyone can see then fine, I will concede.

We drafted Moore to be an X/Z receiver.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

We're mincing words at this point but I don't have an issue with your assumption that we drafted him to play in the slot, it's you claiming that they drafted him to only be a slot receiver the rest of his career. The fact that he's already lining up at different places in OTAs and succeeding (granted, in OTAs) would lead you to believe that very much see him as a top option and not just a guy you pass to on 3rd and 4 over the middle.

ouchy likes this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I agree and think Moore has a great upside. Truth is who knows what he will develop into.

My issue, where this all started, was DWC trying to claim that Moore has a positional pedigree equal to Smith. Saying we drafted Moore because he can be a starter at X/Z is ridiculous - or at least a stretch. Saying the Eagles drafted Smith because he can be a starter at X/Y/Z is accurate. But to DWC Moore is equal here.

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Would you really prefer Darnold throwing to Smith over Wilson throwing to Moore? This isn't a direct tradeoff between Moore and Smith, it's more complicated than that.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

patleahy seems to like it

patleahy likes this.