NYJ drafted us 3 of the most explosive (and productive) players coming out in Wilson/Elijah/Carter.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 8, 2021.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Wilson Elijah Carter sounds like a great baseball name.
    Now batting 2nd baseman Wilson Elijah Carter.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

O'l Miss played 13 games, but Moore opted out of a few at the end of the season, which is why he only played 8 games. Its a lot easier to have high per game stats with less games played.

Stats go a long ways from telling the stories of these two players.

Closer to the point, Moore is a "Y" receiver where Smith can play X, Y, and Z. Suggesting Moore is a bigger threat than Smith is a reach. Y receivers are usually covered by LBs. safteys, or, best case scenario, a nickle. They rarely face the top corner - which means he is hardly "unstoppable". Smith can do everything Moore can do at the Y spot and is a much more versatile weapon to have on your team, and its not even close.

Looking the film Smith has better hands, better route running/separation, better reach, basically better everything. Plus there is one huge thing Smith has that Moore lacks - leadership. Smith has the fire to work hard in order to become the best and the leadership qualities to set the example for the rest of the team. He has a championship mentality which is the type of player that helps a team win championships. In the meantime Moore is costing his team wins by doing a dog pee celebration in the endzone.

Moore does have the potential to be a quality slot WR and impact player. This is something to genuinely be hopeful about. But just because JD drafted him doesn't automatically make him the best WR in the draft. Its too early to put my green goggles on.

Bellys Lies and patleahy like this.
  4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

@ouchy nice breakdown, ouchy. Good to see you back to posting. :)

ouchy likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Speaking of Sam Darnold. I'd like to take a closer look at Sam's final season @ USC when in comparison to Zach's final year @ BYU.

Sam Darnold: (2017)
    • 14 Games.

• 303/480 (63.1%).

• 4,143 Passing Yards (8.6 Y/A).

• 26 TD / 13 INTs / 11 Fumbles.

• 75 rushing attempts for 82 rushing yards (1.1 ypc) and 5 rushing TDs.

• QB Rating of 148.1.

Vs.

Zach Wilson (2020).
    • 12 Games.

• 247/336 (73.5%).

• 3,692 Passing Yards (11.0 Y/A).

• 33 TDs / 3 INTs / 3 Fumbles.

• 70 rushing attempts for 254 rushing yards (3.6 ypc) and 10 rushing TDs.

• QB Rating of 196.4.

You can't fix stupid.

What stands out to me most is Sam Darnold's turnovers. 13 INT's + 11 Fumbles?!?

And then his first ever NFL throw was a boneheaded INT pick-6?

Sam was a fumbling turnover machine in High School.

Sam was an absolute turnover machine @ USC.

and Sam was an absolute INT machine in the NFL;

some things never change.

Sam was a bust before ever getting drafted.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

GIVE ME A BREAK AND BE REAL MAN, the kid only played 8 games?

But yet ranked #2 within the entire Country in both Receptions and Receiving yards?

And within the toughest SEC Conference within the Nation?

Add another 5 games and Elijah Moore absolutely SMOKES De'Vonta's 2020 numbers.

And speaking of a lot easier?

It's a lot easier to dominate when you're surrounded by the likes of future NFL players in Mac Jones (1st), NAJEE HARRIS (1st), Jaylen Waddle (1st), Alex Leatherwood (1st) and Landon Dickerson (2nd) and all within the same Offense too (where defenses don't even know who to account for) in comparison to Royce Newman (4th) and Kenny Yeboah (Undrafted).

You're right.

One player (Elijah Moore) was his teams only true Offensive X-Factor that opposing defenses had to fear before every play, while the other player (DeVonta Smith) was hidden in a powerhouse Offense and surrounded by nothin but future 1st round teammates.

Put De'Vonta Smith within an Ole Miss offense last year. Let him play only 8 games; and I guarantee he doesn't rank #2 within the Country in both Receptions and Receiving yards (as did Elijah Moore).

Yes. Elijah Moore is a traditional slot receiver however, if you're acting as if Elijah Moore was limited to only lining up as a slot receiver, and not on the outside; that shows me that you really don't know what you're talking about because he was utilized all over Ole Mississippi's Offense (from outside to slot).

I don't know about that. Because according to A.J Brown (his former Ole Miss teammate) Elijah Moore can do shit that not even A.J Brown himself can do; and I'll take A.J Brown's word on it. A.J Brown has self admitted to having learned from Elijah Moore and still to this day can not do the shit Elijah Moore can do on the football field. Saw something special in the kid to the point of moving him in with him!

No he doesn't. Says, who?

Elijah Moore 2020 = 84.3% catch rate.
    DeVonta Smith 2020 = 79.6% catch rate.

But yet, now Smith has "better hands"?

Nonsense.

Just like he has "better hands", right? Yes. Smith is considered a great route runner coming out but Elijah is also considered as one of the greatest route runners coming out and I highly doubt that DeVonta Smith runs a faster 4.35 than Elijah Moore in regards to being able to get "separation".

How's that for, separation?

What a bad take man. These are kids we're talking about and just because you play for Alabama doesn't automatically make you a "champion mentally" lol yes Smith is a good kid but so is Elijah Moore and over celebrating doesn't make Elijah a scumbag p.o.s.

And if anything he was humbled by it, learned from his mistake and NEVER did it again. That celebration happened in 2019 and I bet you can not show me a 2020 video of Elijah Moore doing it again come 2020, now can you? (he's a great, great kid).

And he made a promise to himself to never let it happen again. And he hasn't (man of his word).

Thnx God Joe Douglas doesn't judge this kids character due to making 1 life mistake of over celebrating during the last game of the year against a conference rival.

My love for and excitement over Elijah Moore had and has nothing to do with Joe Douglas.

I fell in love with this kids game months before J.D ever even drafted him.

I even went out of my way and created a thread about Elijah Moore back in December of 2020 (way before "Joe Douglas" ever drafted him).

Defense Wins Championships Wrote: (12/4/2020)

Joe Douglas?

I'm super confident that Elijah Moore has a better rookie season than De'Vonta Smith (now that they're on an even NFL playing field and not 18x NCAA Champion ALABAMA).

Even Robby Anderson is 190 lbs.

I have serious concerns about Smith playing against physical and grown men on an NFL level @ only 168 lbs; serious concerns.

PJ4Ever and Mogriffjr like this.
  7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Not at all. Perine has an awful college tape tbh

PJ4Ever and Lon Chaney like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

I wouldn't call it "awful" but he's most certainly not a Michael Carter type of prospect (nor talent).

Michael Carter: (2020)

• 1,245 rushing yards (#4 in the Country).

• 8.0 yards per carry (#1 in the Country).

• 1,512 All-purpose yards from scrimmage (#13 in the Country).

• 9 Rushing TDs (#30 in the Country).

Vs.

La'Mical Perine: (2019).

• 676 rushing yards (130th in the Country).

• 5.1 yards per carry (118th in the Country).

• 938 All-purpose yards from scrimmage (89th in the Country).

• 6 Rushing TDs (137th in the Country).

There really is no comparison when trying to compare these two RBs.

In terms of style of play and overall electricity, as a longtime FSU fan Michael Carter reminds me of a clone of #4 Dalvin Cook who I absolutely loved and after the drafting of Michael Carter I can finally forgive Maccagnan (thnx to, Joe Douglas) for selecting Marcus Maye over Dalvin Cook; who I was begging for.

First watch (pay attention to this kids FOOT WORK @ all times)

And then watch (pay attention to his FOOT WORK @ all times).

We've got ourselves an awesome one.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

@ouchy Moore is definitely not a Y only receiver. He can line up on the outside and in the backfield as well.

#49 Lon Chaney, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    NCJetsfan, Jets81, PJ4Ever and 4 others like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. Elijah Moore is a slot receiver but was utilized all over the Ole Miss offense.

If Tyreek Hill @ 5'10/185lbs can lineup and flourish on the outside well then an Elijah Moore @ 5'10 /178lbs will be able to do the same because they play with the same exact style of play (as both can be utilized all over the field).

Elijah Moore is going to line up all over the field just as 5'10 Santana Moss once did for us.

Kid is an absolute freak of nature.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

NY Post (below).

Zach Wilson isn’t only Jets rookie putting on a show at OTAs

2. "Wilson is not the only rookie turning heads. Moore, the second-round pick from Ole Miss, looks legit.

He seems to catch everything thrown his way.

He has shown speed, good route running and strong hands during the open OTAs.

If the Jamison Crowder contract impasse gets resolved, it will be interesting to see how the Jets get them both on the field at the same time, but it is going to be hard to keep Moore on the sideline.

He looks that good".

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I just downloaded TapTalk and it's pretty neat because I can add PICTURES!

[​IMG]

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk

bicketybam likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Pats board must not be reading the news releases. I read a report the other day that said that Jones has looked so bad in practice that he might not see the field this year at all.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

I can imagine.

I'd love for both Tua and Mac to become the next McElroy and A.J. McCarron because I don't think there's been an Alabama Great QB since Bart Starr and Joe Namath of the 60's...

Because going from a juggernaut (NFL) Alabama Offense with playmakers such as Najee Harris, Jaylen Waddle, DeVonta Smith and John Metchie (2022 1st round WR) along with (NFL) O-Lineman in Alex Leatherwood, Landon Dickerson and Evan Neal (2022 top 10 pick) etc to N.E (who has an awful NFL Offensive roster) is a big difference in terms of no longer having a gigantic advantage in regards to level of competition on the playing field.

I think this is the reason why so many QBs from big name powerhouse teams look awesome in college but usually fail in the NFL; because they're no longer surrounded by an offensive situation which is unfair for opposing defenses.

QBs from non legendary powerhouse program's such as Aaron Rodgers (Cal), Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech), Josh Allen (Wyoming), Russell Wilson (Wisconsin/N.C State), Lamar Jackson (Louisville) and Big Ben (Miami of Ohio) etc etc even Drew Brees (Purdue) seem to always be underrated heading into NFL drafts year in and year out. Some pretty big name schools that you'd never really consider "Football Juggernaut Programs".

Same goes for Zach Wilson. BYU. Great school but but not exactly considered an Alabama type of Football royalty.

Something tells me this Zach Wilson kid out of BYU is going to be the star of a draft class full of Trevor Lawrence (Clemson), Mac Jones (Alabama) and Justin Fields (OHIO STATE).

As an FSU fan I watched the same happen to Jameis Winston. Had the best FSU offensive attack scouting could buy and damn near went undefeated two years in a row with 1 National Championship. But then on an NFL level becomes the biggest turnover machine known to mankind on an even playing field.

We all know the QB stirs the drink but I'm beginning to feel that it's all the other 4 & 5 star recruits @ other positions who (really) carry these big name QBs from powerhouse teams into the NFL... Only to see them fall flat on their face on an NFL level.

I could be wrong.

#54 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This forum is a fucking disaster.

cval likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Welp

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We should be excited to have Elija. The last time I checked Smith was not on the Jets. I can give two sh*** how Smith does unless he is playing the Jets, then I hope he plays poorly.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. Yes. Yes. I knew ouchy's Elijah Moore take was full of crap the moment he acted as if Elijah Moore was strictly a slot receiver (goes to show he never watched a lick of Elijah Moore lined up ALL OVER Ole Mississippi's Offense). Saying DeVonta Smith had "better hands" and "better speration" was just as awful of a take!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I’m more so just chiming in on the fact that someone thinks Elijah Moore can only play in the slot. That’s just patently false based off his skill set and now we have it straight from the horses mouth that he’s not just a slot receiver.

cval and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe you need to seriously consider changing your handle to "Offense Wins Championships"!

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.