NFL already has 18 game schedule on tap

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by patleahy, May 31, 2021.

1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

@NYJetsO12 yeah definitely true. All of the power conferences are definitely semi-pro...it is insane how much money programs like Bama and Clemson pump into their football programs.

#41 patleahy, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I watched that much NFL Europe coverage, I was awarded a Purple Heart.

patleahy likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Purple Heart huh? Reminds me of this.

4. nyjetsgreen

nyjetsgreen Active Member

Preseason has turned into useless event most of the starters don't even play most of it or have limited snaps that's why it takes half the season to for a team to start looking in playing form might as well have 1 preseason game for rookies just start the season.

5. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion but why can't they have 3 pre-season games with individual players only allowed to play in 2 of those games.

This would allow the fringe players to get their shot at a place on the team.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Because there is little to no interest in the parties that decide such things to do so. The owners have no interest in further regulation and the player's association must primarily protect the interests of their current members, not anyone who has yet to pay a dime of dues.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I have two concerns.

1.) Injuries. More games = more injuries (imo).

2.) Watered down regular season. Heading into week 17 there are a lot of teams already eliminated and having nothig to play for (outside of draft position); and I can't imagine how watered down week 18 will become (with 17 games).

However I will say this. In 1997 after our week 17 loss @ Detroit it would've been pretty cool to have a 17th game come week 18.

8. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Doubleheaders will be the cutoff point though.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"The NY Jets, starting their 7th QB of the season, upset the 1st place NE Patriots last night in Wednesday night football action, 12-6. Ironman WR Jamison Crowder caught his 28th TD reception of the season, tying him for the league lead.

The Patriots (33-24) were undone by 4 missed field goals, 3 of them blocked, as injuries have decimated their offensive line and special teams.

The Jets have seen a bit of a resurgence under 7th stringer Chris Simms winning 2 of 3 in their last series to move to 18-40 on the season. They start a 4-game set with the Chicago Bears tomorrow at 2:30 Eastern"