2020/2021 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JackBower, Dec 30, 2020.

1. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Absolutely, Fear the Deer

JackBower likes this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Dangerous weapon

[​IMG]

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  3. JackBower

NBA really isn't fun to watch this year. Even playoff basketball is soft now.

papapump likes this.
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The guys a dumbass, but I don't think he should get a felony. Definately disorderly conduct and a lifetime ban.

JackBower likes this.
  5. JackBower

I got my wish, Ainge is gone. It's crazy that not 100 percent of Celtics fans weren't on board with this guy leaving.

Tell me 1 good move he's made in 3 years.

In NBA games we started:

Javonte Green
    Semi Ojelay
    Romeo Langford (twice in playoffs)
    Moe Wagner
    Grant Williams

2 of those guys aren't really NBA players (grant, Wagner) while all the other are your 12th to 14th player.. they started!

Others got their wish with Brad not coaching. Im surprised he wanted to give up coaching, but he did not have a good coaching season either.. id still roll with him.

6. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

He signed my guy Taco Fall!

7. JackBower

He's a fan favorite, not an NBA level player

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I thought the Knicks would put up a better showing than this. :(

9. Ptflea2

Tongue meet cheek

To win an NBA championship you need stars as in plural. Tatum is definitely one and Brown, while maybe not a #1, he's right there as a definite #2. Ainge rolled the dice with Karine Irving, Kimba Walker and Gordon Heyward last few years....didn't work out for one reason or another. But come on.....Boston went to Eastern Conference Championship 3 out last 4 years. Hard to bitch about those results.

10. JackBower

Im not, I'm separating the results from Ainge's performance over the last 3 years.

Kyrie and Hayward moves both were over 3 yrs ago. We fleeced Brooklyn, found 2 stars and made a good amount of other trades that improved their depth (Morris, passing on Turner come to mind without much time to ponder).

From Haywards arrival we have semi rapidly lost pieces with 0 return, Ainge thought he became a draft savant and refused to trade anything for anyone... except for when he offered way too much Justice Winslow. So we drafted a bunch of nothing it currently looks like minus this years rookies who aren't a guarantee or a bust.

Pacers offered McDermott and Miles Turner for a Hayward sign and trade, he inexcusably held out and Charlotte swooped in.

So the question remains, what has he done in the last 3 years?

11. Ptflea2

All good points. If reports are true, Ainge offered heaven and earth for Anthony Davis but was told directly from his dad he'd walk after one year. Kevin Darrant apparently wouldn't even meet with the Celtics when he was a free agent......its not like Ainge didn't try.

12. Ptflea2

Dude also had a heart attack in that time frame.....

JackBower likes this.
  13. JackBower

I get it.. but also its a product driven life for everyone.

Im liking you're point, not the heart attack..

14. JackBower

I would always joke with friends about the dozens of Celtic articles that talked about almost trades. We almost traded for everybody and then *insert event here* and it didn't work out.

15. Ptflea2

Well, Anthony Davis dad actually came out talked about it. That parts not really rumor. Just not sure what Ainge offered.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

As an NYK fan it was disheartening to watch us get eliminated in only 5 games against a not so good Hawks team (who we swept 3-0 during the regular season) and not having our most athletic player and starting Center in Mitchell Robinson throughout the entire series was super frustrating for me as a fan.

However, it's been awesome to see LeBron James eliminated and an even better feeling to watch Brooklyn go down in flames with consecutive loses to Milwaukee (series is now tied @ 2-2) and with both Harden and now Irving injured; you can stick a fork in them.

I'm rooting for Milwaukee to win it all. I freaking love the Greek Freak and appreciate how he never left Milwaukee, signed with them long-term and 1990's refused to jump ship in order to ring chase (like every other NBA Superstar player etc).

Kyrie Irving, James Harden, Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant thought they could just team up and buy a Championship ring? Not so fast.

I'm hoping for a Milwaukee Bucks vs. Phoenix Suns NBA Finals because Milwaukee only has 1 NBA Title (1971) and hasn't been back to the Finals since dating back to 48 years ago of 1973 and the Phoenix Suns have never won an NBA Title (0) and haven't been back to the Finals since dating back to 28 years ago of 1993.

Clippers and Jazz have never won any Championships either but with the Clippers I despised how they signed both Paul George and K. Leonard (bad for basketball) and with the Utah Jazz, I don't know, they were just always super boring to me a kid throughout the 90's and I never liked John Stockton/Karl Malone.

Milwaukee vs. Phoenix would be pretty cool.

#116 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    NYJalltheway and JackBower like this.
  17. JackBower

KD is a cheat code

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

They talked on ESPN today about how there hadn't ever been an iconic Durant game, despite him winning two playoff MVPs. Well, that ridiculous criticism is gone. That was one of the most impressive games anyone has ever seen.

Giannis is methodically building a reputation that he really doesn't want. He had a great game, but him fumbling that pass away at the end is the image that is going to stick if they lose this series.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's only a cheat code when surrounded by the likes of Curry and Harden etc. Runs to the best teams $ can buy I can't respect that shit.

I love the Greek Freak and respect the heck out of him as he's refused to sell his soul for a ring by staying in Milwaukee as their true Superstar player.

Milwaukee gave them the game and absolutely chocked during the 4th Q.

Yes. Kevin Durant is one of the greatest of All-Time but players like him are imo bad for basketball.

I guess in life time changes everything but I miss the 1990's when Ewing was NY. Jordan/Pippen were Chicago. Reggie Miller was Indiana. Hakeem was Houston. Stockton to Malone was Utah. Miami was Alonzo Mourning. David Robinson was San Antonio. Gary Payton was Seattle. Mark Price was Cleveland. Early 90's Bird was Boston and Magic was Los Angeles. Isiah Thomas was Detroit. Etc.

This crap is watered down now because of players like LeBron, Durant, Kyrie, Harden, Anthony Davis etc etc.

And truth be told? If John Stockton and Reggie Miller sold their souls to come to NY with Ewing?

C: Patrick Ewing.
    PF: Charles Oakley.
    SF: who cares.
    SG: Reggie Miller.
    PG: John Stockton.

Not even Michael Jordan would've won a single ring.

I appreciated and appreciate kids like Kobe Bryant (rip), Dirk, Duncan, Steph Curry etc. Real throwbacks.

As a Knicks fan I hate the reports of us trading for Dame and getting K. Leonard in order to feature a "big 3" of Dame/Leonard/Randle yeah they'll win a lot of games maybe even a Championship but I won't be able to enjoy it because I hate the thought.

Congratulations to KD though. For running to other superstars. Blake Griffin ring chasing too? lol.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nothing can ruin the image of Giannis. Muffed pass or not. He's the opposite of LeBron/K.D. He's Milwaukee to the core. His best teammate is Middleton. And only down 3-2 vs. the Eastern Conference All-stars.

Amazing game from K.D tonight unfortunately his "imagine" is already ruined and tarnished. Dude went to the same team who eliminated him from the Playoffs and who broke the Bulls All-Time record for most wins ever in the regular season. And then the following offseason he RUNS to Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green: just so he could later become multiple Finals MVP. That's bush league. No heart. No pride. Pure coward of a ball player.

Congrats on his 49 pt triple double though.

NYJalltheway likes this.