Who remembers this game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, May 18, 2021.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yes that helmet at midfield was classic and the grounds crew did a phenomenal job - beautiful day and weather for that Cardinals game.

major33 likes this.
  2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Last night I was watching parts of the Jets-Bucs 1982 game with Madden and Summerall. The field had icy patches and snow. Freeman McNeil looked like he could barely move after each tackle, but the Jets were blowing them off the line of scrimmage. They started off the telecast by telling everyone the Jets players are all wearing pantyhose and that Madden is wearing it too since it's freezing up in the booth. lollololol They even praised the Jets during the game as being one of the best teams in the league on both sides of the ball. Not often you hear that during a Jets telecast.

Also, I LOVED the commercials during that telecast. The fake expressions on the faces of people are sooooo fake. Car commercials were great. You can that sporty Toyota Turcell for 4995. And that one for home owners insurance where they show the entire house exploding in fire. What a crazy commerical.

AJW and mrjet80 like this.
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I wish I wasn’t. I was sitting in the end zone when fucking Todd under threw Gafney who was wide open which would of been a great comeback. Gif damm Jets

4. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Then you were probably the only one alive who wasn't expecting Todd to throw a game-ending interception.

5. mrjet80

I remember that game and have also watched it over again on utube . Blizzard conditions overnight before the game and only 32k showed up because of it. A friend of mine was gonna come over and watch the game with me but his older brother got unexpected tickets to the game - man was I jealous lol. That’s ok I watched from the warmth of my living room. I also remember fans throwing snowballs up at the tv booth ..

AJW and patleahy like this.
  6. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

@mrjet80 lol Mr Jet I have a feeling that your answer would be "yes I remember that game, here's what I remember about it..." to just about any Jets game in their history.....:);)

AJW likes this.
  7. mrjet80

From about 1980 on I’d say you know me pretty well lol

AJW likes this.
  8. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Don't forget the natural dirt infield sections.

matt robinson 17 and AJW like this.
  9. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

My cousin and you would have a ball reminiscing old Jet games. He is originally from Jackson Heights and soaks up so much about the Jets after 1976 it isn't silly. He's like a sponge.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

mrjet80 likes this.
  10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Shea was real football on a real football field

AJW and mrjet80 like this.