Tim Tebow is back!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, May 10, 2021.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Tim Tebow's only NFL claims to fame was burning the Jets for 99 yards as a Bronco and later having the media pity him and blame the Jets for ruining his already shitty career.

The Horse Lisperer was a one trick pony. Word Play.

2. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Wins are wins and who knows the course of NFL history if somehow Peyton became a Jet and the donkeys were stuck with Tebow. It may, as we all suspect, have seen Denver stall and their win/loss reset to .500 or lower but we never got to see that actually happen.

It was something the griped my gears when we took hack with a pretty high investment and never got him a single series of real action. Sure he looked bad in practice and so-so in the warm-ups but at least put him out there against the real deal and let us confirm it - Hell we let Petty go out there and get smashed up but we got the tape on him out of it.

The whole Tebow at the Jets thing was just baffling although perhaps unavoidable as I'm not sure if he had other suitors at the time?

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes, "wins are wins" and in the NFL they come from a whole team. If you want to credit one guy with a win try boxing or golf.

I can't believe anyone here still wants to talk about Hackenberg or Petty. Or even Tebow.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It's a message board. Do you really not believe that they could want to talk about those guys? Have you signed through some of these threads?

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why they're still being talked about; there's nothing left to say. They did nothing noteworthy before they got here, did nothing noteworthy while they were here and have done nothing noteworthy since they've been gone. The redundancy of the periodic rehash of draft and free agent failures is mind numbing. I could see their mention reemerging here if someone had something new to add but all we ever see is same old, same old.

I always liked the boxing term "Bum of the Month Club" where successful fighters padded their records and added paydays by regularly fighting desperate but unqualified challengers - maybe we should have a bum of the month thread here where we could pick one guy every thirty days to be discussed and when their time is up we move on to another and forget about the last guy forever. I'm sure we have no shortage of candidates.

6. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Well it gives us a reason to post till we get nearer September when we actually get to see the Jets back in action.

As to whether Hack/Petty should be discussed - Whilst the GM/HC of those years is gone and the scouting team that saw potential in them has (I think?) largely been turned over so perhaps not but we still have the same owner that (we think) made the push for the splash signing of Tebow and it could be interesting to watch if a similar situation is presented again as to whether Johnson or Salah has the power over the roster.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

First time Lawrence has a bad 1st half I'm sure the Jacksonville fans will be reasonable about the situation

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The only reason anyone is thinking that Tebow will be used in a wildcat situation is that they know that there is zero possibility he could be productively used as a tight end. The funny thing is that, as Ryan Clark has repeatedly pointed out on ESPN, Trevor Lawrence is far more athletic than is Tebow. This would be putting in someone slower and less shifty to run plays based on speed and shiftiness.

10. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

That only works if the team gets into those short yardage situations. Unfortunately, when Tebow was here, the Jets rarely got into those situations. I don't believe in the change of pace option. A QB needs to get into a rhythm to be effective. Putting in another QB breaks the rhythm. In my opinion, Tebow should have moved to RB or FB. He was a great running QB and should have capitalized on that skill.

#50 westiedog1, May 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Dierking likes this.
  11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Word is Brandon Jacobs, former Giants running back, inspired by Tebow's attempted return, also wants to return to the NFL but this time as a DE. He says he's in better shape than Tebow. He's got the right dimensions, 6'4" 265 but he's 38. Should Jets sign him?