Jets sign OL Dan Feeney

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Mar 18, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I know sweet FA about hockey but used to like playing it on the play station back in the day, My mate and I had to turn the icing rule off and probably some other rules as well to make it playable but the fighting sequences were always funny after a beer or 5

Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

American/Canadian Hockey is 5th, just behind the Premier League.

Roughly speaking, NFL $12B EU ($16B USD), Baseball $10B EU, Basketball $8B EU, Premier League $6B EU, Hockey $5B EU. Different sports play a different number of games of course, for example Baseball plays nearly 10 times the number as the NFL (2467 vs 272). As you know NFL and Premier League are fairly close (272 - 380). NFL makes apprx 3x more per match than Premier League ($45 - $15) mainly due to TV rights.

But @Jonathan_Vilma is right....In 'Hockey Towns' (with the Vegas Golden Knights being the latest) Hockey is H-H-H-HUGE!!!!

K'OB likes this.
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Good Q, not sure if he had a hockey team.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It’s fair to say the NHL is everything in Canada, and it’s US popularity is primarily in the Northern part of country where it’s had a long standing.

The NHL has expanded into the south and west of the US over the last 30 years, and has really risen in popularity in places like North Carolina, California and Tennessee.

But it’s long established die hards are northern cities like Detroit, Chicago, New York, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Minnesota, etc...
    Just like I have little interest in baseball or basketball, others in country have little interest in hockey.
    Hell in the south, they like NASCAR and college football probably more than anything else including the NFL.
    To each their own.

Hockey is a great sport though, with playoff Hockey maybe the best of any playoff sport.
    I’ll even watch KHL and champions league in Europe.
    My third sport would probably be Rugby Union or Aussie Football.
    Baseball, basketball, and nascar just doesn’t do it for me.

#84 BacktoQueens, May 23, 2021
    Last edited: May 23, 2021
    K'OB likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Feeney probably not a good starting option, but it’s gonna be hard not to really like this guy lol

K'OB likes this.
  6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Bloody right, Kenny boy. Oxford wear yellow, which is the colour of urine and cowardice, can't see why anyone would want to wear that.

Lon Chaney and K'OB like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Speaking of which. Do you or anyone else know what is the only US city that has professional sports teams that all follow the same color scheme? (I believe it's the only one if I remember the trivia question correctly.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I used google as well lol

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

My greatest sports moment was watching the Rangers win the cup in 1994. The semi final against the Devils was probably the best 7 game series I have ever watched in any sport. Game 7 was absolutely epic. I was at my brother's house for the game. I thought for sure they had it won and then the dEvils scored with the goalie pulled with seconds left. I was ready to cry.

The first OT was enough to give someone a heart attack. Richter made some incredible saves including a breakaway. Brodeur was equally as imptessive. After the period ended I asked my pregnant wife to drive me home. I couldn't take it. So on interstate 684 I heard the infamous "Matteau! Matteau! Stephane Mattueau!" Howie Rose call. I almost caused my wife to crash because I went fucking nuts.

The next series was just as intense but this time the Rangers jumped out to the 3-1 series lead only to blow it. The next two games were nothing but heartbreak and then the "1940" bullshit came up again. That game 7 was amazing. When Brian Leetch scored the first goal I nearly shit myself. And when they won, it was my greatest sports moment. I watched every game that year. I've always loved the Rangers and to see them finally break the Curse was something I'll never forget.

So now I only need the Jets to win a SB for my sports life to be complete. I'm sure it will be every bit as exciting as it was watching the Rangers break a 54 year old curse. It will be epic and I can't wait.

IDFjet and BacktoQueens like this.
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

The boys are at the isles play off game chugging beers LOL

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was guessing actually, when I was younger I noticed all the Pitt teams conformed and thought it would be cool if some other NY teams adopted Jets colors.

K'OB likes this.
  13. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

You're not wrong there K'OB - never ever ever will I wear a combination of blue and white!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

K'OB likes this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I know. Speed reading, I went, "Wait, what?" Haha.