Your excitement level for 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 21, 2021.

1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

@ouchy hey ouchy, good to see you again, dude.

ouchy likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Translated as...

JD didn't do what I wanted him to do, so fuck this, the team is full of shit.

Nobody knows how it will turn out but for once the general league-wide consensus is the Jets knocked it out of the park on the prime picks.

At some point, you have to let it go that they didn't trade down and secure 19 more picks and that this Jets office wanted Wilson all along, they think he is worth the #2 49ers think Lance was worth the #3 and a boatload of picks to get him and all the other QB's that went in the top 15 and not in the third round as you graded them.

If you have zero excitement level then maybe it is time for you to switch off and find something else to do with your time, spare or otherwise.

3. patleahy

Br4d was just being a cheeky monkey, @K'OB ....bollocks to his pessimistic post! He was just taking the piss, if you will. Once he gets a few pints of Guinness in him, he will come around and show his true colours! :);)

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I expect a lot of growing pains this year. We have a rookie HC, rookie OC, and rookie QB on a team that went 2-14 last year. What I'd like is for the team to show improvement as the season progresses so that there is reason to be excited for 2022.

Ralebird and patleahy like this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, translated as a 50 year Jets fan who has seen the Johnson Jets in action before and knows how this scene likely plays out long before it actually rolls.

I get that you want to be optimistic about the Jets this year but the reality is that the same guy made all the moves last year and the Jets were in the running for 0-16. This year he drafted a very shaky rookie on the #2 and is likely to rush him onto the field because that is what the Johnsons like to do with a shiny new toy. He then traded up for a "sure thing" which is the only commodity you will never find in the NFL draft. He did all of the above working from one of the worst talent bases in the NFL.

This regime is 80% over although it won't actually get discarded until after 2022. I don't get all happy about 20% chances any more. The Jets have been in that position too many times over the course of my half-century fandom.

6. K'OB

Whatever pal, maybe it is time to give it up after all.

Enjoy wallowing in your past bitterness, I just hope it doesn't stop you from enjoying any success if we do indeed have some further down the road.

This regime is 80% over lol fuck me, nothing can follow that line tbh.

Enjoy your evening meal and tipple of choice.

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

When did @Br4d go full troll?

Never go full troll.

8. patleahy

^^yeah I was kinda surprised by @Br4d 's comment about being "80% done with the JD/Saleh administration"....don't really understand why he would say that at this point.

9. K'OB

He didn't say that though, read it again.

10. patleahy

@K'OB ^^so to whom was he referring when he said that the above? I took it to mean that the "JD/Saleh regime" is 80% over and wont get fired until 2022 so he is not going to get excited about a 20% chance of success under them. He isn;t referring to the Johnson Bros. since they aren't going anywhere and nobody is "discarding" them.

#30 patleahy, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Only 2 key FA signings? C. Davis, Lawson, and J. Davis are all starters. Curry, Coleman, Joyner, and Raskins will see a lot of action if they stay healthy. Hardee will see a lot of STs action. Then there's also Cole, Kroft, & Feeney. Even if you rule out the last 3, that's still 3 key FA signings and 5 role player FA signings. Hopefully there won't be any injuries to the WRs, but if there are, Cole could be a significant contributor as well, and Kroft could see a lot of snaps also.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on!

LAJet likes this.
  13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Forgot about Joyner to be honest. I don't consider Davis in my "key" category bc he's most likely a stop gap. Probaly could include Rankins in group.

But sure, there a couple other free agent signings you could include. I was looking more at who would most likely be on the roster beyond this year.

NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  14. K'OB

If you posted the bolded the first time then you would have been right.

You didn't say that the first time though, you said brad was 80% done with this administration but that wasn't what he said, it was they are done meaning they are already an 80% failure, which is fucking ludicrous.

NCJetsfan and patleahy like this.
  15. patleahy

LOL no need to pick fleas in my trousers, K'OB....we actually agree on the main point. :);)

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dan Feeney and Zach Wilson sighting at the Islanders game. Feeney just went nuts with his dumbass mullet when the Isles scored. Definitely got me excited.

They didn't identify everyone else but here is the group shot of the boys.

17. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Well thought you have ants in your pants. Get it over the fleas LOL!:rolleyes::confused:

18. K'OB

We do but we didn't know that after one post ;)

patleahy likes this.
  19. patleahy

I HATE the Isles! All TRUE NY Hockey fans pull for the Rangers! :mad::mad::mad:

20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Looks like Wilson taking his O-line out for some fun. Not a bad idea. I wonder if he paid for those jerseys, that must have cost a bundle.