2021 Schedule Release

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 12, 2021.

1. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. So by your logic, you would not be excited if we were in a position to draft Lawrence. Anyone who did In this game, according to you, it would be hero worship & "not about what some rookie QB is going to do" even though we had the #1 prospect who has yet to play in an NFL game.

Smells like some undercover Zach hate to me. Someone, secretly wants him & JD to go down in flames while Darnold excels in Carolina. Well, the haters may get their wish, but as long as people stay healthy, it looks like we are heading in the right direction. No matter what happens this season, we are still in a great position during the offseason. Things are looking up in Jets land, while Sam's team, the Carolina Panthers will end up 4-13. That second half of their season is brutal, while the first half is much easier. Sammy has a chance to win a few right off the bat, however, that will be short-lived once they enter the second half of their season in week 9 against the Pats.

GasedAndConfused and patleahy like this.
  2. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

I’m really glad we’re playing Denver early. Hopefully Rodgers won’t be in sync with the rest of the team yet.

KingRoach and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

The question was: "Are you OK with Sam Darnold playing well and getting retribution against his former team as long as Zack and the Jets go on to become a top NFL team?"

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I want to see him play well, but in the same sense I want the panthers to do bad so we get better draft picks

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If Rodgers goes there then you have Mahomes, Rodgers, and Herbert. Defenses in that division will be crying all season long.

blackssmagic and KingRoach like this.
  6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Don’t look at SOS, it’s a waste of time. It’s based off teams’ record from last year, which is silly because it doesn’t account for the FA, trades and draft moves teams made.

For example, on the Bills schedule, the patriots were shit last year. They obviously improved a TON over the offseason, yet the SOS uses their record from last year. Same for the jets. Dolphins as well. The WFT is on our schedule as well, complete garbage last year, yet the add Fitzpatrick at QB, Curtis Samuel, Dynami Brown (a personal favorite of mine) and improved their oline, to a team that already had an elite defense (they also added Williams Jackson and Jamin Davis to that) and they are a tough team. Certainly better than their record last year. There are more examples but you get the point. SOS is stupid

patleahy likes this.
  7. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Bills Over Jets, post: 4088317, member: 18104"]Don’t look at SOS, it’s a waste of time. It’s based off teams’ record from last year, which is silly because it doesn’t account for the FA, trades and draft moves teams made.

For example, on the Bills schedule, the patriots were shit last year. They obviously improved a TON over the offseason, yet the SOS uses their record from last year. Same for the jets. Dolphins as well. The WFT is on our schedule as well, complete garbage last year, yet the add Fitzpatrick at QB, Curtis Samuel, Dynami Brown (a personal favorite of mine) and improved their oline, to a team that already had an elite defense (they also added Williams Jackson and Jamin Davis to that) and they are a tough team. Certainly better than their record last year. There are more examples but you get the point. SOS is stupid[/QUOTE]

^^^this X1000. Well-said Bills Over Jets. Pre-season SOS is utterly meaningless in any sport, BUT especially so in football, for all of the reasons you mentioned.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

So you're fine with him getting retribution against his former team then? 100%

It was a double-edged question.

9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

If, in this fictional scenario, it means Jets become a top team and Zach is a FQB? Absolutely. Let him win 10 games against the Jets who cares (again in this scenario).

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'll cheer for Sam to go (16-1) next year, but the 1 is the Jets. I want that new D-line to attack that weak Panthers O-line and overwhelm Sam as many teams did to him as a Jet the last couple seasons. I want the new Jets O-line to protect Wilson and wear down that Panthers D with some ground and pound. The Jets pull out the win, say 24-17. Then we move on and wish Sam well going forward.

blackssmagic, Noam and patleahy like this.
  11. patleahy

lol, well-said The Dark Knight. Classy post. No reason for any Jets fan to wish Sam ill. He isn't a bad guy, things just didn;t work out for him here.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Who said anything about what would excite me? Why not discuss those things I have said rather than create your own scenario?

Why would you indicate that I think drafting Lawrence would represent hero worship? Drafting players is a key function of an NFL team; fawning over draftees is not.

Why would I hate Wilson? I've never met the kid - probably never will; he's done nothing positive or negative to me. Who is it that you have me confused with who wants either Wilson or Douglas to fail? Have I even mentioned Sam Darnold and the Panthers here at all? I have very little interest in what happens in Carolina beyond week one. On the other hand, why do you seem to have so much adoration for Douglas and Wilson? Do you know them? "We" are headed nowhere, except to a couple of games, the sofa or a barstool to watch the rest. The Jets, in my opinion, are headed to another frustrating, losing season - I don't call that "looking up" but it would be nice to see some progress.

13. major33

Sorry for misjudging every single one of your opinions. Just because you believe the NY Jets are headed to another frustrating season, does not mean everyone agrees with you. I have said wins and losses do not matter to me this season, but whether or not we are heading in the right direction. You have already answered that question with an emphatic no, we are not heading in the right direction, as per your post above. You're throwing in the towel before the season has begun.

I believe a new QB and coaching staff warrant a bit of excitement. That's all.

patleahy likes this.
  14. patleahy

I agree Major. I fail to see how anyone can't be enthused and optimistic about the Jets at this point. :)

major33 likes this.
  15. major33

Well, perhaps we should investigate the reasons why? Maybe I'm not digging deep enough. Although you can clearly see a pattern emerging among the skeptical ones. It has to be about one of these things. Not agreeing with drafting Wilson, getting rid of Darnold, not taking Fields, or trading down for a boatload of picks. I get it, but at some point, you have to trust the new regime until they prove otherwise. If not then you will be miserable no matter what.

K'OB likes this.
  16. K'OB

In this new scenario, if we lose ten games to Darnold a good team we are not lol

17. K'OB

I am not wishing him ill but do remember the worse he does or at least the worst the panthers do means we get a lot better pick. It is an unfortunate byproduct of the trade and I would much rather get as higher pick possible from them and the Seahawks as well, the Jets are the only thing that matters moving forward.

REVISion and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You haven't misjudged any of my opinions - you created them in your own mind. The only opinion I have offered here is that the coming season will be a frustrating, losing one. I could not care in the slightest who agrees with me and never stated or implied that anyone has - that is simply something else from your imagination. On the other hand, those who make a living of such things have come to a consensus that the Jets will win six games or less; I agree at this stage and will find that frustrating. Again.

Your statement that I have made any claims whatsoever that the Jets are emphatically not heading in the right direction is, once again, a figment of your imagination. As I mentioned earlier, you're free to tell us about your own feelings and opinions - you are very wrong to think you know mine as you've proven time and time again. Being realistic about expectations is far from "throwing in the towel." It seems like you're in dire need of a strong dose of reality to knock you off your unicorn.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I hope our DL abuses Darnold all game, he gets picked off 3 times, fumbles once for good measure, and we blow the Panthers out of the water.

When he plays against the Jets I want him to play like he played for the Jets, ghosts and all.

REVISion likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

8 questions for you @major33

You were pretty much just given homework.

K'OB likes this.