2021 Schedule Release

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 12, 2021.

1. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

well-said Dark Knight...this X 1000 in the NFL.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Yes things can change quickly, but still the chances are that the two worst teams are not going to improve THAT much. They aren't even the worse thing about this joke of a schedule. The Bucs having the 4th easiest schedule, when all their starters are back plus they added a bunch of players, is blatant. This is flat out cheating on the order of Belicheat and the Patriots. The fix is in, and I'm calling BS on it. Who ever created this schedule should be fired and every team in the NFL should be up in arms and demand a totally new schedule be drawn up.

#142 NCJetsfan, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
  3. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Too bad that Panthers game isn't like mid season. lol

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The format is the format though. You play your division. (6) You play a division in your conference (4)You play another conference's division (4) then the two teams that finished in the same spot as you in your conference (2), plus the new 17th game. (1). It has been that way for awhile. I get what you mean about making it easier for the lesser teams like the Jaguars or Jets to succeed, but this is just how the NFL does it.

Ralebird likes this.
  5. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

The Schedule Makers are always holding, and the refs NEVER call it! I hate the Schedule Makers!

Ron

Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Certainly a great schedule for the Bucks, but I would not demand a new schedule for the Jets though. We have 9 home games, and 7 away, 1 neutral field in London. As of right now strength of schedule looks like bottom half. I really think the schedule favors the Jets this year, particularly with 9 home games and 7 away, so no complains from me.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I see your point, but if the lousy teams always get the easiest schedule they're not going to improve as much. They'll experience "false success", and think they're better than they are. They might even make the playoffs, but then get blown out because they aren't actually as good as their record would imply.

I do think however that there should be a "middle ground", and give the weaker teams some consideration. They don't need to play all cupcakes, but they can create a schedule that gives them a little easier time of it, while making the better teams have to play a little bit tougher schedule. Maybe that's not possible, but it's what I would like to see. As it happens though, I think the Jets wound up with just such a schedule this year, so I hope they make the most of it.

IIMeanDeanII and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If a single member of the New York Jets staff is distracted in the slightest by the team facing its former quarterback in week one that staff member should be fired immediately as well as the person who hired him and any single soul who expresses any remorse about those firings.

Pamper and mollycoddle are not part of an NFL mindset.

Any fan who finds this matchup distracting to the game needs to find another hobby. Try crocheting.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

They do, within the parameters of the set NFL rotation anyway. The maths (or math as you guys like to call it) is skewed, because the Jets play the Bills twice and vice-versa. I was going to post something similar until I realised I was being looking at the answer not the calculation. The Jets have a win rate of 0.125, based on 2020; the Bills one of 0.81, so their overall SoS seems weaker because the few non- common opponents make a significant difference.

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

So, how's this for a schedule system.

You play the three teams in your division home and away (obvs). 6 games (3 home, 3 away).

You then play all the teams in one division in your conference, on an agreed rotation of divisions changing each year. 4 games (2 home, 2 away).

Then the rest of the schedule is made up of you playing the teams that finished in your place in the remaining divisions. 6 games (3 home, 3 away).

This keeps the division importance, the conference importance, inter conference games are limited to four and you play to where you finished last year.

A lovely 16 game season.

What's not to like? (Awaits abuse!).

Btw, any suggestion that I have too much time on my hands is clearly nonsense. ;-)

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  11. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Perfect place to start the season IMHO. It will be billed as Darnold vs the Jets wirh Zach barely getting a look in, so all the pressure is on Darnold's shoulders and we know he doesn't carry that pressure well. He also faces a team who knows him intimately but one who has a new coaching staff and new defensive scheme, so he has no advantage in having spent three years here. Finally he is QBing a new team so will have those growing pains and he just isn't very good, I honestly believe this is set up perfectly for the jets. Bookies have us priced up at 7/4 and I am willing to have a piece of that every week from here until game time

12. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I hate the week 6 bye but other than that I love being able to rattle Sam right from day 1. Saleh gonna break the ghosts out real quick LOL

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Are you OK with Sam Darnold playing well and getting retribution against his former team as long as Zack and the Jets go on to become a top NFL team?

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes of course who wouldn't.

But week 1 is gonna be brutal. If/when? Darnold lights it up the Jets and Wilson both are gonna hear it

Footballgod214 likes this.
  15. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I find it to be a big distraction since the NFL and ESPN will make it one. They will talk endlessly about the matchup, throwing all sorts of nonsense out there that will seep into the Jets locker room. Why? Because they will be asked questions about it non-stop in order for the NFL to promote this bogus "revenge game." Like what revenge? Shitty QBs move on from teams all the time. Why is this a revenge game? Your ass should have played better while you were here.

Game 1 should be all about Zach Wilson, our other rookies, and how our new coaching staff looks. Now before, during, and after we have to be subjected to Sam Darnold. Good lord almighty enough already with Sam Darnold. We're moving on NFL & ESPN. Send them a memo, please.

Leicester Jet and Footballgod214 like this.
  16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

To tell you the truth it’s a good idea but believe it or not I think the NFL had a schedule system like that in place after the merger but before the 16 game schedule was put in play. The Jets back then played 3 NFC teams each year but they were usually in different divisions. Not sure how they were determined but it may have been what you’re suggesting.

donkey likes this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

@major33 "Good lord we're DONE with the whole Sam Darnold narrative!!!"

NFL: "Hold my beer"

major33 likes this.
  18. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

You know they're going to have the players and fans take a knee before the game to pay tribute to Sam Darnold. Jets uniforms will be required to have a Sam patch. The ticket stub will have Sam's picture, there will be Sam posters all over the Carolina Stadium. They will also have a promotion if you buy two hot dogs, you get a discounted call on a recorded line with Sam telling you how shitty the Jets organization is for passing on his greatness. God forbid we lose this game, the narrative will shift to can Sam lead the Carolina Panthers to a Super Bowl in his first year with a world class organization that recognizes greatness before anyone else, just like Mel Kiper said here at ESPN.

Now that I think about it, Mel Kiper drawing up the Jets schedule makes perfect sense. He is not a fan of Zach Wilson but loved shitty Sam. He needs to be proven right. Give Sam the easy week 1 game against a guy making his debut in the NFL. Well at least ESPN will have something to talk about after the game because come week 2, Sam goes right back into the toilet & we don't hear another word about that stiff. I can see Carolina on the clock at the end of the season with their 1 win. If they play the Giants, maybe they get 2 wins.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

When is the last season the Jets didn't have a Monday night football game?

Even when we suck they usually give us one because of our legacy in the game (In the 1st MNF game ever, Midnight Miracle, etc.) ...

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

why should a team be punished for being good? a rotating schedule allows for more match ups and less favortism. there is also variance that teams don't stay good. look at the texans that won a division and were considered a good team only to fall to 4-12.

Ralebird and BrowningNagle like this.