2021 Schedule Release

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 12, 2021.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

12-4 but we slipped up and lost the first one to them.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, an if scenario laid right out for you.

Better to play us first rather than play us after 4 or 5 bad games.

Now quote me the bit that says he will play 4 or 5 bad games.

You can't as it isn't there to quote.

But you're literally still saying I am wrong but really you just haven't read my post correctly, even when I have explained it you are still telling me what I meant and you are doing to me what you think is happening to you.

Hence me defending my post, again and again.

It was a nothing scenario that has now turned into 4 reply pile of shit understanding.

And there really wasn't the need for it in the slightest.

3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

If you feel we have a shot then I can see why you would want to play the Panthers in week 1. I actually believe out of all 3 teams, NE might be the easiest in week 1. Usually, they don't play well at the beginning of the season, plus they have a lot of new guys they need to incorporate into their team. Belichick is tougher to beat as the season moves on. Miami would obviously be easier at home than in Miami because of the heat. But that team is frisky, have a great head coach, Waddle will kill us, and they will be ready to play 100% week 1. The Panthers we have to deal with the Sam distraction. They are also a tricky team capable of either blowing you out or choking, so you don't what you're going to get. I think it might be easier to prepare for Miami or NE than Carolina, even if they are not as good as the other 2. Sam could also have a great week 1 then suck the rest of the year. That would be typical of him where he starts off games looking like Namath and finishes like Hackenberg.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's really hard to call how the Jets will play this season because Saleh might just have the magic touch.

However it is worth noting that the Colts went 3-13 to get Peyton Manning and then 3-13 with him starting every game. The Cowboys went 3-13 to get Troy Aikman and then 1-15 with him starting 11 games. I think that is a more realistic expectation for the Jets this year due to rookie HC/OC/DC and rookie QB.

It's possible that Saleh has the magic mix to improve on that a lot but expecting him to have it is setting him and the Jets up for a massive failure next season. I think 3-13 would be par for the course and say very little about his ability and then hopefully Wilson is better in his second year.

Edit: And of course that could be 4-13 or 3-14 in this strange season to come.

#124 Br4d, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Noam likes this.
  5. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

How do SB champs wind up with 4th easiest schedule? I call BS on the schedule makers. I get it that NFC / AFC north have a few strong teams as do NFC / AFC West but come on, the Bucs play 4 teams in the AFC, why aren't they playing top teams in the NFC? They did get it right with the weakest division in football, 3 of 4 NFC east teams are in the top 8 easiest schedules. How WFT is ranked 15 is ridiculous.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It didn't piss me off. It's simply just me calling you out because you think you're clever, when In all reality, you're not.

I'm talking about the breath of fresh air thread where you got butt hurt over another post where I called you out In a similar fashion.

You had an agenda. You inserted Fields as a way to assert that agenda, just to later play It off like I had royally miss stepped by calling you out.

I let it go, even though you went on your tirade, your dance and pony show.

You obviously was fishing for another reaction from me In that thread. As you are now.

Only your not achieving what you think you are.

You have an agenda. Continue on with It If you want to, It's your right.

It's obvious what you're doing though.

7. IIMeanDeanII

KOB. Seriously man.

What you wrote, does not suggest an IF. You don't have a scenario laid out where you insinuate that he plays 4 or 5 good games then plays us.

No, the insinuation Is that he plays 4-5 bad games, then us.

All I'm pointing out.

All I said was essentially that there is nothing saying that Is what Is going to happen.

That can be said for either scenario though. Good or bad. That was my only point.

You are trying to tell me I was telling you that you were wrong. I NEVER posted anything of the sort.

No.

I'm not fabricating anything.

I'm not saying your wrong either. Quote that for me.... You can't.

Also.. I don't truly give a shit.

I agree with you. We are debating something that has turned into horse shit. It doesn't matter.

Let's just move on at this point. If you don't mind.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Seems like a better - easier - schedule than last year, but who knows? Teams change and get better or worse. Hopefully we're in the former category. But with a brand new CS, and a lot of new players, including a new QB, I have no idea how we'll do. I'm cautiously optimistic, and will be disappointed if we don't play much better than last year. I'm hoping for 6-8 wins and being in every game.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's a rotating schedule.
    6 games are 2 times each team in your divison
    4 games are outer conference against another division that rotates every year in order
    4 games are in conference against another division that rotates every year.

those 14 games are set in stone every year on a rotation. the only variance is games 15 and 16 (bad vs bad/good vs good same conference) and now new to 2021 game 17 (bad vs bad/good vs good different conference). those 3 are based on how good the teams are. so in those games the better teams play the better teams and the worse teams play the worse teams

so for us this year we have
    in division
    NE 2
    Mia 2
    Buff 2

NFC south
    NO
    ATL
    TB
    CAR

AFC South
    Tenn
    Indy
    Hou
    Jax

those are the 14 set in stone.

our other 3 are
    cincy 4-11
    Den 5-11
    Philly 4-11
    which we play 3 other shitty teams where good teams will play other good teams.

So if you get lucky and have a shit division and get matched up against 2 other shit divisions you can have an easy schedule as a good team since only 3 games actually depended on how good you were out of 17

10. IIMeanDeanII

This is why the schedule reveal thing doesn't get me all that hyped. We don't really know what we are up against until a month or so Into the new season. Sure, you have a few games that make some more intriguing than others, but, for me, I'm just excited for football. It doesn't matter who Is on the schedule. ha

I am looking forward to the Lawrence Vs Wilson match-up though. Off the rip, that's the one that I'm looking forward to right now personally.

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’m actually looking forward to the Panthers game - should be very interesting and the final result may say a lot. I’m also looking forward to the Eagles game. Maybe the Jets can finally beat them.

IIMeanDeanII and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's funny listening to people talk about the Jets today. They act like it will be the 2020 team but with Zach Wilson. Pretty ridiculous and ill-informed. I don't think you can truly predict how the Jets will be or how many wins they will get at the moment, but they won't be the 2020 Jets. I would guess they will be unrecognizable on the field.

13. major33

1.Yes, it did make you a bit peeved since you replied in a similar angry tone to K'OB about the word, SHOULD. When I used the word, I used it to make a point. You are free to disagree with that point. Instead, you accused me of some nonsense when all you had to do was disagree with my point.

2.So now correcting someone's mistake means you're calling them out? Hmmm. I guess your perfect. However, I have no idea what you're referring to, but I can only assume it has to do with Fields' poor footwork which likely caused him to fall in the draft. I believe you corrected or in your words "call me out" and tell me that Fields has excellent footwork. Even someone else in the thread said you were incorrect on your glowing reports about Fields' footwork. Now, I know you are very smart since you went to The Ohio State University, but there is a huge difference between Wilson, the #2 overall pick in the draft, who has incredible footwork, & the 10th overall pick, the guy many QB needy teams passed over. Most of it has to do with how they move around in the pocket. The great ones are all about that footwork. But you already know these things, so why am I even telling you? Is there anything you don't already know? Let us know please, so we accidentally don't get accused of having an agenda when all we want is a conversation.

3.Point out the butt-hurt, please. Seems to have healed up quickly on my part.

4.Let's have a conversation!!! I have never once posted anything to you where I was fishing for something. We are here to talk about Jets football and maybe a few things outside the game. I kid around, but I expect it back. But most of the time I'm having serious conversations about the Jets. I never get upset over a post that I disagree with even if I think it's the most ludicrous suggestion on earth. I make dumb posts too. I sometimes make dumb trade proposals or make wrong assumptions about players. People correct my mistakes & I almost always acknowledge them or explain what I was thinking at the time that led up to me writing that post.

5.I am not after you. In fact, whenever I post to someone I never look at the poster, only the post. It is only when we get into a running conversation in a thread do I look at who posted, just to make sure I'm not leaving that person hanging. But it happens, sometimes you just don't feel like responding, or you have nothing interesting to say.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Would you prefer Zack plays well but the Jets still lose, or Zack looks bad but the Jets somehow win their opener to kick off the Saleh experiment?

15. The Dark Knight

Looks bad and the Jets win. He can continue to improve.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. major33

Interesting question but that depends on so many factors during the game. Zach can throw for 400 yards and 4 TDs look awesome but we lose. If we win but Zach looks like he doesn't even belong in the NFL, I'm going with option 1. Actually, Zach could look like Christian Hackenberg in game 1 and I still would not care if we won or lost. LOL To me, the outcome of game 1 is irrelevant. Just want to see Zach and the team play well while the coaching staff looks like they have a clue. I could not be disappointed with that.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The only problem with playing the Panthers first game is that a lot of fans will be quick to judge whether the Jets have made progress based off this one game, especially if they lose. There will be minions coming out of the woodwork saying "See! I TOLD you they should've kept Darnold!" when the truth is that most of these MMQ's wanted Sam gone more than anyone else.

The measure of this team can't be taken in one game.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This is where the NFL is screwed up. The Jags and Jets were the two worst teams. They should have the two easiest schedules. I know that the NFL stopped doing that several years ago, but they were wrong for doing it.

The Dark Knight and patleahy like this.
  19. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

thanks for posting, NC. interesting.

20. The Dark Knight

Can't worry about those kind of people though. They mean nothing to the progress of the Jets. Took me many years to realize that, but I have. :)
    SOS doesn't really matter to me though, because teams can change so much from one season to the next. How teams played the year before rarely translate to the following year. You could have an easy SOS but a brutal schedule, and vice versa.

ColoradoContrails and patleahy like this.