2021 Schedule Release

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 12, 2021.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I noticed that there really aren't any real bad teams in the league. Probably Texas are the only team I would consider to be a easy game. 20th toughest schedule doesn't mean it will be a cake walk some Sundays. Every game will be a challenge. Last year's weakest teams have improved (including the Jets). This year's 1st game vs Carolina will be tough. They weren't a bad team last year & they have improved this off season. I just hope we come out of the gate strong, we'll need to to beat Carolina. I want to see Sam play well this year, just not well enough to beat us on opening day.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Not so sure.. Buffalo should have the division locked up by then. Miami has made some moves in the off-season and added talent in draft but they still have Tua. I'm not sold on him at all. NE and the Jets will be battling for 3rd place. That game should be 9am not 1pm or prime time ; )

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I would prefer to face the Panthers over NE and Miami. I feel like with the rookie QB and HC, the team will improve with experience as the year goes on, week to week. Having to face a divisional opponent in the first game, a good opponent, which did better than Panthers last year and also improved quite a bit in offseason, is the worst proposition. I would rather face divisionals several weeks into the year.

Panthers are after all the 8th worst team in NFL based on 2020 results and I don't think their improvement in the offseason was as good as NE or Miami. Possibly they have even gotten worse with Sam/Teddy swap. This remains to be seen of course, but either way, this is less consequential than divisional, and it's better to start with for a team with rookie new coaches and rookie QB.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  4. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The Lions say hello...

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

True. If the Bills lose then the Dolphins win the division!

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

2021 SOS
    https://nflupdate.co/2021-strength-of-schedule-for-all-32-teams/

From toughest to easiest:

1. Steelers (.574)
    2. Ravens (.563)
    3. Bears (.550)
    4. Packers (.542)
    5. Vikings (.531)
    6. Bengals (.529)
    7. Lions (.529)
    8. Raiders (.526)
    9. Browns (.518)
    10. Rams (.515)
    11. Chiefs (.511)
    12. Seahawks (.511)
    13. Titans (.507)
    14. Cardinals (.507)
    15. Washington (.504)
    16. Texans (.504)
    17. Chargers (.493)
    18. Jaguars (.491)
    19. 49ers (.489)
    20. Jets (.489)
    21. Patriots (.489)
    22. Saints (.483)
    23. Bills (.478)
    24. Colts (.478)
    25. Giants (.474)
    26. Panthers (.472)
    27. Broncos (.471)
    28. Dolphins (.471)
    29. Bucs (.465)
    30. Falcons (.454)
    31. Cowboys (.452)
    32. Eagles (.430)

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Huh? I never said you were wrong. The way In which you worded your original post, that I quoted, was more of a prediction than a statement based on opinion.

In the end. It doesn't really matter. To make a deal out of It Isn't needed either.

It would be different If I called you an idiot who didn't know what they were talking about.

Obviously I wouldn't do that and haven't done that to anyone on this board. Even though I feel some have warranted such condescending tones at times.

You haven't been one of those people. Not sure what you're on about In all honesty.

Also.

I don't give two shits If you are bored of something. If you're bored of It, move off It. Complaining about It only furthers to point that your so bored of, so, why even pay It any attention then? Makes no sense.

Sometimes life Isn't about money, It's bigger than that for some. I can sympathize with someone that seemingly keeps getting the short end of the stick. I like the kid, I hope he has success with Carolina.

I obviously hope he loses week 1, I can still identify with the shit end of the stick though with him.

Not sure why my posts seem to be getting people riled up lately. I'm not attacking anyone. Just strange to me.

9. IIMeanDeanII

As a Jet fan, I think I'll feel however I may, considering I am me. I'm not here for you.

Why SHOULD I feel bad for, Zach Wilson? That doesn't make sense. Zach Wilson Is In a much favorable position than Sam Darnold ever was here. From every aspect of this team, It's better. He doesn't know Sam Darnold personally from what I can see, he's certainly not filling big shoes considering Sam wasn't able to accomplish much here. Zach has nothing but support around him.

Just because Sam Darnold isn't on this team anymore, doesn't mean I can't speak my truth about the situation.

What is with the censored mentality with some of you on this board lately?

It's unreal.

Not you or anyone else Is going to tell me what I should or shouldn't feel. How I talk or what I debate.

I'm not here to attack others. Im not here to hurt others.

It's bonkers to think people can just censor what others think right now.

You have an opinion. I appreciate that.

Get out of here acting like you represent Jet fans and you know what Jet fans SHOULD be doing.

Laughable.

Ralebird and GasedAndConfused like this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

You can feel however you may.

I. Myself. Me.

Feel bad for the kid because he's a good kid and has a raw deal since he's got into the league. Our team contributed to that. So, I see that aspect of It.

Nothing more than that.

I still want the Jets to win week 1. I still want Zach Wilson to play well. The Jets to play well.

I can still root for those things and be real with how I feel about Sam's situation too.

It doesn't have to be one or the other for me.

#110 IIMeanDeanII, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
  11. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Yes, but I'm not looking at it that way. To me, the opponent makes no difference in week 1 except if they are playing Darnold or Lawrence. Wilson and Lawrence are your top 2 picks in the draft, game 1 should be all about them. Nobody around the league cares about Darnold, except for a few Jets fans who still believe in him. This is now a big distraction that our new staff does not need heading into the season.

So I guess now the NFL has to come up with a gimmick, the Darnold revenge game. Not sure what that means because he sucked so bad here. It's not our fault he sucked or got mono or whatever. Knowing Sam, he will be the first one to acquire a disease that died out in the Jurrasic period & will be on the IR. I'm sure though, the NFL & ESPN will figure out a way to have a camera & microphone in Sam's hospital room to commentate how angry he is at the Jets for dumping him.

Unless you believe we're competing for the playoffs, it makes no difference when we play NE or Miami. Actually, both of those teams would be a great learning experience & welcome to the league for Zach without the stupid Sam distraction.

12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Fuck Sam. He is a Panther. He dies week 1.

13. major33

You can think any way you want. I never said you could not post anything or think a certain way, but if you post it, I can question it. I simply questioned your position about Sam and questioned why people are still concerned about Sam when he is not on our team anymore. Am I not allowed to do that on a message board? Do I have to agree with you about everything in order to comment? You post something I disagree with, I comment on it. I post something you disagree with, you comment on it. It's simple.

Yes, as a Jets fan I believe you should be more concerned about Zach than Sam. Now, I can understand if Sam was a beloved ex-player, but he sucked balls here. Why be a Jets fan posting on a Jets message board if you're more concerned about the feelings of a QB on another team than you are about your own brand new QB? Sorry, but it makes no sense to me.

I'm glad I made you laugh. :(

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Tell us how you really feel....LOL

REVISion and Lon Chaney like this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do you not think this is a bit over the top?

I am not even sure my post warranted such a reply tbh

I answered your reply to me, as I do to anybody that replies, I answer it line by line to show my reasoning, you questioned me saying Darnold might have 4 or 5 bad games, I didn't say he would I said IF, ie if he played badly then played the Jets he would be even more full of nerves, you reply 'IT IS NOT BETTER FOR HIM' did you ring him up and ask or did you just drop your own opinion down as fact?

As for the lad getting the shitty end of the stick, he has been asked to play against his former team, at home not even in NY, I am sure he is a big enough man to deal with it

As for the bolded, neither was I, I was answering you honestly.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Looking at the early schedule I think the Jets do ok vs Darnold - but on the road so no way to know if they can win. Jets know Sam's weaknesses and tendencies better than any other team. I expect a decent game out of Wilson because jets QB's who shouldn't start week 1 always look good week one before reality sets in.

Week 2 Belichik ruins Wilson for half the season. We'll see if Zach has what it takes to recover from that debacle.

17. IIMeanDeanII

Do you not read the things you write?

You have already played this card with me recently. I let It slide. I've read all your posts, which ultimately contributed to a good thread turning Into a shit show.

You literally posted In reference to my original post, saying, as a Jet fan I "should" do this and that, etc..

That's contradictory to what you literally posted to begin with. You in fact did try to establish what I SHOULD think and do.

Since you are the second person to try to take this stance with me today.

I don't care what you think, how you think, what you believe, what your favorite crayon color might be, I don't care.

I'm not the one insisting you SHOULD do anything. You are.

Please don't get things twisted.

Also, you "believe" I should, blah, blah...

That's better, I still don't care though.

As far as your last bit.

Who said I was more worried about Sam than our own QB?

Where can you look at my posts and make that conclusion? I never once said that, I never even came close to it.

Aside from that, why do I need to be concerned about Zach Wilson? He's In a good situation and hasn't played a game yet.

That's what doesn't make sense.

To each their own though.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

While I personally feel we end up winning 7-8 games this year, and miss play-offs, I don't think play-offs are entirely out of the question. So yeah, I would rather face weaker teams outside the division in the beginning, because I think rookie Zach and the team will get better as the year progresses, and I definitely feel Panthers is a winnable game to start the season. Miami/NE would be tougher to start with, and we have a better chance after a few games under our belt.

19. IIMeanDeanII

He will be determined to prove us wrong from the off, better this way than having played poorly for 4 or 5 games and then facing us.

Where is the "IF" In what you wrote above?

You have two possible options that may result. There isn't an "IF" there.

I answer posters In the same way, not sure what you're getting at with that?

It Is an opinion. I did not ring him up, I should be more clear with my intent, even when I break down why I have that opinion. I understand your point. I did list several reasons on why I think it wouldn't be best though.

It's not about him being big enough. It's just acknowledging what I see. That's It. Nothing wrong with It. Not sure why It's a trigger for some, It doesn't bother me personally though. It's not a big deal ultimately. I just know I'm allowed to feel and sympathize with whoever I may. I don't need an excuse for that.

As for your bolded explanation, that's fine, I'm just seeing more and more people getting sensitive about my posts and It doesn't make sense considering I've been posting here for awhile and I've been consistent with the type of poster that I am.

All of a sudden people are acting like I'm attacking them In certain ways.

You, for example, acted like I said you were wrong for having the opinion that you do and my opinion Is superior. When I know I didn't say that.

It is what it is.

As far as my reply. Yeah, I do think my reply was warranted. I'm not attacking anyone and I won't. I sure as shit will defend my posts, feelings, and reasoning though when I know my intent Is different from what I'm being accused of.

I like you as a poster overall. It's not personal.

Never is with me.

20. major33

Why am I not allowed to make comments about people who are concerned about Sam Darnold having to deal with the Jets in game 1? You brought up Zach having more to work with than Sam, which is true, but who cares? Sam is not our QB. Oh, you care. OK, then become a Panthers fan too.

Yes, I used the word SHOULD on purpose just to piss you off because I knew it would. Think about it, the word 'should' pissed you off. Why? You can tell me I should be happy we're playing Sam in week 1. I will tell you why I'm not happy about playing Sam in week 1. I have done that in this thread. Why is that screwing up the thread? Having a difference of opinion is usually how a message board works well. IMO, of course.