A BREATH OF FRESH AIR.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, May 7, 2021.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem is the goal of a troll is to get people to respond to them and it's human nature for people to fall into the troll's trap. Then with the troll on ignore the board can start to look like the beginning of dementia as gap toothed threads emerge.

Noam likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So that's the secret handshake you guys engage in to enter your fan club meetings. Shouldn't have revealed it as it's not easier to infiltrate, bro.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if everyone ignores them, nobody sees it and the board looks normal to everyone. without people seeing it, they cna't respond. then the trolls can argue with themselves. everyone wins.

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

To the original thread, I love the pick and selection of Saleh. You can sense from the interviews and what we’ve see thus far he establishing a positive culture in the Locker room and Field. As Vilma stated and I totally agree, he s a football coach but importantly he’s developing relationships with each personnel, players, and coaching staff rather than designing the X’s or O’s which comes later. I am feeling the good vibes like many you feeling regardless the results. It a good step in the right direction.

BudJet and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Jonathan_Vilma

If we're being honest, the joke idea was a 10/10. Execution 4-5/10 because I got too worry with the second line.

I was hoping for a good rebuttal out of you as I know you have some zing in there but you rolled over man.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

K'OB likes this.
  8. Br4d

It would be great if it worked like this however trolls tend to have allies who work to increase visibility and reputize them.

GasedAndConfused, Noam and patleahy like this.
  9. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

^^^Br4d is spot on. Both Legler and Bickety have allies or "satellites" who wage war on their behalf. Kind of like the Cold War...the USSR and America were the primary antagonists, obviously, but both had camps of allies and satellites whom they would use and manipulate to wage war "by proxy" on their behalf, all over the globe. In this analogy, Legler would be the USSR with Vilma as Romania....while Bickety would be the US of A with me as England. ;):)

GasedAndConfused, PJ4Ever and Noam like this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You know how people sometimes stick a tongue out when concentrating, let's hope he wasn't one of those :eek::D:D

bicketybam likes this.
  11. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Agree completely with the bolded part. I can't imagine that Gase had any kind of personal relationship with players, outside of maybe Darnold. I really get a sense that players want to play for Saleh and that's a huge positive compared to last regime. That creates a positive atmosphere around the club that hopefully translates to performances on the field in the coming season.

12. GasedAndConfused

there is only 3 of them. i ignored all 3 and have seen 0 issue son the board since :)

13. K'OB

@Brook! thinks they are both good posters on this board, taking Wilson off the agenda and without wishing to position myself as the group fluffer, the trolling went both ways and the reason why @legler82 looked like he was overposting on the subject was because up to 3 or 4 Wilson fans were engaging him at the same time, not saying it made for enthralling viewing and reading but the blame does not solely lay with Legler or indeed JohnathonVilma if you are throwing him into the mix as well.

Is this now not just a different version of trolling?

How many times do you need to mention that you have them blocked lol it is nearly getting as boring as all the other shit that went before.

Congrats you have them blocked, move on man.

legler82 likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

i was giving others solutions to the trolling who were complaining. it was pertinent to the conversation. your comment not so much so. lets stick to the topic though because well the jets may be a breath of fresh air now. these forums aren't. it's actually degraded to be worse then the reddit which is an achievement because reddit is usually a cesspool

15. Br4d

The thing that drove me nuts about the whole conversation is that the Wilson fanatics made it all about Fields vs Wilson when it really should have been about none of them being worth the #2 pick. I had people responding to me reflexively telling me that Fields wasn't worth the #2 when I wasn't in that camp either.

16. GasedAndConfused

well a few people made it a "team wilson vs team fields" thing when for most of us it wasn't. I was labeled a wilson fanatic which is pretty far from the truth

Br4d likes this.
  17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

This is completely untrue. It did not go both ways.

Legler cherry picked quotes and data and posted substanceless misleading comments. People called him on his arguments time and time again sand everytime he got owned. He had no answer so instead of admitting he was wrong or going away he flooded the board with memes and insulting comments because he could not make a valid argument. People responded to him with substance he ran away like a 4 year old, whined and pouted, and then decided he would shut down all dissenting comments by flooding the boards with memes and insults.

Only one person posted 50 to 100 times a day in the thread. Only one person made this personal. Only one person posted unending memes. Only one person tried to silence the rest of the board by overwhelming everyone with unending juvenile posts.

The sad thing is almost all Wilson supporters also liked Fields, would have been happy with Fields and treated Field's arguments with respect. One person here and their ego destroyed the thread and drove people from this community. We are all Jet fans and we deserve to treat each other with respect. Seven year olds know that is wrong to try to shout down everyone else into silence. What Legler did was the worst offense we have seen on this board since Hornet. While I love and respect the mods as their job is thanksless and difficult but they should have disciplined and reigned in this screaming child 2 months ago.

NCJetsfan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

This seems productive to derail yet another thread with whining.

IIMeanDeanII, legler82 and patleahy like this.
  19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We all meet up. We just don’t invite @K’OB.

20. K'OB

Again, did these people not read the same advice from you yesterday and the day before that possibly?

And you are contributing to this headlong dive into the dregs of the internet, like I said previously, let it go, if people continue to bang on and on about it then it will not fade away.

NCJetsfan and Jonathan_Vilma like this.