Zach Wilson is the Leader the Jets Need

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, May 9, 2021.

1. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

I was at that game. It was a late afternoon vs the Kansas City Chiefs at the old giants stadium. Where does the time go?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

From now until week 1 you are going to read a ton a fluff pieces about Wilson. Everyone in the building will have glowing things to say about him. “picking up the offense quick”, “never makes the same mistake twice”, “working hard”, etc. Then during the season after a few bad games in a row it will turn on a dime and you will star hearing “same old Jets QB”.

legler82 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

At the end of the day we’re all Jets fans
    make no mistake on my Position on this matter.... I really like Wilson !!!! I’m hoping he is the answer.. his release arm strength he checks all the boxes

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

It was against Buffalo.

Ray Lucas, Jets81, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Does anyone really know or care about what a pig Brigham Young was? I'll never be able to figure out why America was such a breeding ground for delusional religious freaks or why people said, yeah, I buy that, TOTALLY; but here's hoping Zach Wilson lobs a pass all the way to the planet Kolob. I guess.

Noam and K'OB like this.
  6. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I thought u said u were gone for good.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for this! Andy Robinson was the LB who got "juked." Poor guy. I'm sure he never lived that down!

K'OB and RPOZ51 like this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Everyone should be open to criticism to some extent. I just can’t remember seeing too many QB’s get yelled at by players after a bad play. It probably happens a lot more often than I see, but it’ll still be one of the defining moments in Darnolds tenure that I’ll remember him for.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

My lord, you're back, I thought you had closed up shop, I'm happy to see you back :D

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Welcome back!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

we'll see folks.....this team has rinsed and repeated this movie dozens of times with the same putrid results - some folks define that as insanity.

leaders are not 20 something year olds. they have to grow into that title IF they have the innate ability and are surrounded by competent folk.

yes it is different with athletes as the competitive mind takes over - and the window of success is the size of a crack.

lets see if the football gods still have a sense of humor.

The Dark Knight and legler82 like this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and looking like you just got your drivers license probably doesnt help motivate a bunch of grizzled dudes either ;)

jetstopgun and jilozzo like this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I have heard analysts say this on different shows as regards to the 2021 Jets, but I don't get it. This situation was different. Gase was terrible. Darnold had a really bad season and an overall rough three seasons. The Jets had the #2 overall pick and a QB was there that they really liked. This was a slam dunk move and decision by Joe Douglas.

The Jets were on a path that was not leading to success. They needed the proper re-set and Joe Douglas delivered it, which included the QB position. I don't get people bringing up history while discussing this specific Jets situation.

Now Robert Saleh needs to be a good Head Coach, Zach Wilson needs to be a good QB and Joe Douglas needs to continue to build the roster for it all to work, but at least they are all on the right path now.

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

any team needs a CORE of "leaders" whether verbal or by example...

looking at rookie QB as "leaders"... nah....

we want PRODCUCERS first... leadership may come later...

horse and cart stuff

Jets81, jetstopgun, Fiftynine and 3 others like this.
  15. Odessa83

Odessa83 Member

I’m with you man. I wish Sam got a legit , fair shot here. But Zachs here now and I hope he is the real deal. I hope can lead us to a super bowl .

stinkyB and jetstopgun like this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i posted this during the past season and probably as soon as it happened but there was a game last year that Darnold got nailed with, IMO, a cheap shot, and NONE of the offensive players slapped the opposing player that did it.

that told me exactly what those players thought and put me as a fan on alert with darnold.

17. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

This sounds like a kid that gets a new bike for his birthday but he can't be happy because one day it might get a flat tire. I say enjoy the moment & hope for the best:)

#57 BudJet, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
  18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

More like a kid that got a bike that had a flat tire in the past that was fixed.

jetstopgun likes this.
  19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I was at that game and everyone including the coaches just LOL... it was great.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

bingo. the main difference is now we are starting over (once again) but heading in the right direction. gase was an awful coach, he needed to go. darnold wasn't going to be cheap and was too much of a question mark to pass up taking a new QB who would be cheap. we've built our teams from the inside out with big focus on the lines (lawson, Q, rankins, JFM, etc on the D and becton, AVT, mcgovern, fant on the O) we gave wilson weapons and protection. we are still building. wilson will have gorwing pains. the line needs to gel. the back 7 is gonna struggle but we should be better and trending up and that's all we can ask for