A BREATH OF FRESH AIR.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, May 7, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What's funniest of all to me is that the ground can't cause a fumble, but it can cause an incomplete pass if the ground causes the receiver to juggle the ball or if the ball moves at all.

#41 NCJetsfan, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Losmeister and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the ground doesn't cause a fumble because the ball carrier is down when he hits it. The only time it really applies is if someone falls down without being touched and fumbles the ball when they hit the ground.
    as far as the pass goes it's because they have to complete the act of catching a pass which also means keeping possession to the ground

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This was Rex's MO with Sanchez also. It's the logical place to go when you have a rookie QB.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Arkansas actually got completely jobbed this year when the dope that is Bo Nix on Auburn, turned around and spiked the ball behind him. Refs blew the play dead right away and even with a relatively clear Arkansas recovery, they didn't reverse the call. Not sure if it was reviewed or reviewable or what. Crazy ending to that game.

5. Br4d

I have a lot of respect for the mods on TGG. That said maybe a pinned post about stalking should go just below the pinned post on bullying. :)

There was way too much stalking going on this draft season and most of it was by a small number of posters.

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan and 50ShadesOfGreen like this.
  7. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I love the Salah hire, but, I remember being psyched after hearing Herm Edwards' introductory press conference. ....Rex, too.

This time will be different!!!

8. Br4d

Herm was a decent HC when he had real talent to work with. The problem was the Jet's talent based died over a period of 5 years and he wasn't capable of keeping the team up to par given the ineptitude in the overall talent acquisition strategy. He went to KC, who also had an aging talent base and had one decent season with them before the talent aged out there also.

I've always wondered what Herm would have done if the Jets reacted logically to the age out of the Parcells talent base and hired a new GM in 2006 instead of promoting from within - which perpetuated a bad strategy for another 5 years until it collapsed under its own weight.

I'm guessing Herm would have been a Steelers HC for 15 years with a SB trophy or two in there.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I think what would be better would be a pinned message about Trolling along with the threat of a future permanent ban for continuing to do it. By trolling I mean, "the deliberate act, of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument." That is what happened here. One poster posted (50-100 times each day and every day for over over 2 consecutive months) substance less posts for the sole purpose of harassing, annoying others and calling attention to himself. This person single handidly turned this forum into a cesspool by making these repetitive self righteous attention seeking posts.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Back to the thread topic, it is a breath of fresh air which is something we’ve desperately needed. Somewhat new GM. New HC. New coordinators. New rookie QB. New rookie WR. New rookie RB. New potential stud O lineman to play along side last years new stud O lineman. We have clean paper and new pens. Doing the rebuild the right way for once. The league has been changing its rules to favor offense, and while we all know it, our team has yet to adapt in any way to that philosophy for years. Ground and pound.... I liked Rex a lot, but man, those drafts we had with him as coach just destroyed us. All the defensive players - most were duds. We were behind the times. When we knocked off the Pats in the playoffs in the “Can’t Wait! game I thought to myself that we had our leader and he’d be here a long time. It was stunning how that team fell apart, but I think this time we can look forward to sustained success once we get there. It feels solid to me.

11. Br4d

I agree with the general idea. I think there were several people involved however. Not going to name because that in itself is a form of stalking and trolling.

HomeoftheJets and Noam like this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The one thing the one poster did was post so much that it overwhelmed all other posts making the QB thread only about him. That appeared to be his plan to silence the rest of the board by posting so much that all other voices were drowned out (which also drove people away from the board) and that is why I think trolling would be a better way to look at it. That type of trolling behavior of shouting down everyone else by obsessively posting so much that no one else can be heard should never be allowed again.

Br4d likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Robert Salah>>>Confidence. Strength. Resilience

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I understand your point, but I think we have enough rules. We just need to enforce them, and ask everyone to respect them, and do our best not to respond in kind (which is really hard sometimes). In the 4+ years I've posted here, this was the first time things got so out of hand, so IDK if we really need to add more rules. Just my opinion though.

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My thought is not to make new rules but to make it clear what trolling is and that it will not be tolerated. One would think everyone should and would know that posting 50 to 100 substance less posts a day for the purpose of overwhelming, silencing and drowning out all other posts was and is wrong. It is not only trolling but a form of bullying by shouting down all other posts. Unfortunately, the opposite message got sent and this person was rewarded with the attention he wanted with no consequences for his bad behavior.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

A lot of "new". My favorite "new", Is the fact that It finally feels like we are solid from management down, for the first time, I feel like we have a solid front office and coaching staff to compliment one another. I know a lot of people probably don't get to excited for that kind of thing, for us NYJ fans though, It's a huge deal. Definitely a breath of fresh air.

Only thing that stinks right now Is that lingering Johnson smell... lol Hell, maybe they have finally figured things out after years of failing. We can only hope. :)

REVISion, SOJAZ, Yankjetfan and 3 others like this.
  17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Not saying the Johnsons are great owners, but from 2000 to 2010, the team never went more than 2 straight years without a playoff appearance. It's no coincidence that the arranged marriages between HC's and GM's we've had since Tanny got fired has played a significant role in the 10 year playoff drought.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I had some undercooked Borets last night.....and now my tummy hurts.....:(

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Who gets to decide what’s “controversial”? Are you volunteering your superior judgement?

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Rex didn’t feel solid to me until he started winning. Prior to that I feared he might be just a blow hard. Once he stopped winning the credit he accumulated among the fan base dried up really quick.