A BREATH OF FRESH AIR.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, May 7, 2021.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I watched all the interviews from mini camp today & I found myself actually smiling while coach Saleh was talking. WHAT A BREATH OF FRESH AIR compared to Gase. I also noticed when all the players that were interviewed were asked about coach Saleh they all started to answer the question with a big smile on their face & sounded like they were ready to run through a brick wall for the guy. I feel like a cement blanket has been lifted off this organization and we finally have found the rite combination to run this team from top to bottom. Go Jets...In JD & RS I TRUST!

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No matter what happens with him, I'm glad we at least have a football coach. I felt the same way about Bowles even though he didn't work out. He was a football guy.

Gase belongs behind a desk as a financial analyst or coder. Crunching numbers all day.

3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

CHILL WAY TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE MF'ING SCHEME!

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm actually glad to see that someone else has these same vibes. I literally was about to bring this specific aspect of Saleh up In another thread.

I watched the rookie minicamp post-interview.

I'm impressed. Extremely impressed.

This guy sounds like he just gets It, It's natural, It's not forced, and the confidence Is oozing from this guy. It's not an arrogant and flashy kind of confidence that could be construed as fictitious. Similar to a, Rex Ryan.

Just a natural coach that literally gives you that literal sense of, this guy gets It. I just feel like we might actually have something right now and It just feels different. Very different.

I'm actually very optimistic. Crazy.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I could give my left nut if we won a Superbowl with Saleh and Wilson. After watching this video, I feel like my left nut is in trouble.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Excellent summary of what I sensed too Dean. I don't when - of ever - I've gotten this sense from a Jets HC: calm, understated confidence, coupled with enthusiasm and positivity. Refreshing!

7. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that since I know you were down about the QB selection. One thing I learned from watching every Dolphins game this season is that a head coach can make a HUGE difference. I could not believe how the head coach was able to win with that roster. He willed them to victory. I feel Saleh has those same qualities. Also, if you watch the tape on Zach in the minicamp today, you will see his excellent footwork. That is one of the big differences between Wilson and Fields which is most likely what set Fields back.

PJ4Ever and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

Fields has great footwork as well. Not sure why you are trying to make this a Wilson Vs Fields thing though.
    It's irrelevant at this juncture, no? Wilson Is our QB. I'm behind that, not sure why you are fishing for a reaction.

westiedog1 and SOJAZ like this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

If he was fishing you hooked yourself and gave him that reaction.

If he was looking for one and not just making a comment, of course.

It is a time to be excited and the continuing digs and counter digs are already becoming a drag and I say drag in a moment of politeness.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  10. K'OB

I like the bit about voluntary practice, Coach Saleh is a guy that wants them to be there, I think he made that abundantly clear, whilst still saying it was 'voluntary' I wonder if we see a marked increase in volunteers this season.

He certainly talks a cracking game, dare we start to hope that we have taken our first steps on the road to something special :)

11. IIMeanDeanII

It doesn't bother me either way. Just calling It what It Is.

People should feel however they may.

I agree though. I do believe It's okay to feel some excitement at this point.

NYJ has a lot to prove and a long road ahead to do It In. Best I've felt In over a decade now.

It's about time.

12. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking one for the team!

your service is appreciated:)

Brook! likes this.
  13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It does feel different out there in Jets land. It feels like we are moving in the right direction for sure. There is stability in both the FO and CS. That is such a pleasure.

BudJet and Noam like this.
  14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Please be our coach ten years from now.

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Everytime they asked him about Zack, he immediately makes the answer about the entire group. Loved that.

donkey, BudJet, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  16. K'OB

I see what you done :D

Brook! likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Something tells me that he's all fun and sunshine (and hard work) when you're going along with his program, but for those who don't attend voluntary practices or those who don't follow the program, he might turn a little storny, and you might not be a Jet for long.

Borat, SOJAZ, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  18. major33

Where am I fishing for a reaction? All I said was that I was very happy you're behind the team and commented on the excellent footwork of Wilson. The only thing I said about Fields is that the most likely reason why he dropped is that his footwork is nowhere near the level of Wilson. Sorry, just stating a fact. There was no confrontation intended.

However, now that you said that, I'll keep you on my radar as someone who is blind. Now that is confrontational.

Noam likes this.
  19. major33

Yeah, I don't know what the hell he is talking about. Everything I said in the post was positive, including mentioning that I knew he was down about the QB selection since he preferred Fields. All I did was make an innocent remark about footwork, which is most likely the reason why Fields dropped. Him coming back at me in a negative tone indicates he still hates Zach because anyone who has watched the two, can clearly see the difference in footwork between the 2 QBs. It's not to say I hate Fields or even argue about him, it's to say why he probably fell. Mechanical issues. If he had great footwork, he would have gone 3 to the 49ers.

20. major33

Bingo, don't be fooled by that smile. Players coaches never win. You will also see him unleash the wrath of hell just by that stare if anyone deviates from the plan.

Brook! and NCJetsfan like this.