Do you mind sharing a stadium with the Giants?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJW, May 6, 2021.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

patleahy likes this.
  2. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

lol that is what Major was saying...the upper deck is that HIGH UP, much higher up than in the old Giants Stadium???

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's not like they didn't outfit Giants stadium with Jets crap when they played.

For all of the money they spent and building a new stadium, I'd expect some the stadium to have a better viewing experience and some nicer aesthetics than what they came up with.

Not that I'm lucky enough to sit in suites consistently but some cool suite/bungalow ideas like Sofi and Cowboys stadium have too. I sat in a MetLife suite once for my old job (definitely not my preferred raucous experience with a bunch of fans spilling beer on each other and cheering), but I was shocked at how pedestrian they were.

Jets81, major33 and patleahy like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Yep just saw this. That too. Giants stadium was dope as far as viewing experience goes. And if we're going to build a big ol douchey corporate looking stadium, they might as well go all out and they didn't. They half assed any sort of luxury and banged the typical fan with PSL's and a true nosebleed experience.

Jedi mind tricks and major33 like this.
  5. patleahy

lol, you've never sat in a suite in your life, dude. come on now...o_O

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You guys are too spoiled. I was lucky enough to be in a suite for one of the games, it was awesome experience. You can watch on the balcony when you want, then go inside during breaks with food and booz of your choice and numerous flat screens, even cheerleaders came by. Viewing experience at least for me was great. The only drawback was Jets being down by several TDs by the time first quarter was over and the game was basically over. I also don't like that sometimes there are too many opposing fans, and usually they are the ones cheering and winning, but that's not stadium's fault.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

I had a much better "suite" type experience at the new Yankee stadium (Legends club) and Prudential for reference. I used to work for a major entertainment company so we had a direct line to these types of places.

All suites generally have the dual experience of being able to sit down below to watch the games or in the back with the food.

You're right on one front. I'd be much less nitpicky about things like this if we weren't a decade in to a playoff drought.

8. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

It's not that difficult to get suite tickets. I've sat in suites in many stadiums all over the country. My brother in-law works for the Giants, Nets & Bellator MMA & he gets me into lots of events. When I briefly lived in Charlotte, my cousin who runs a catering company & did NASCAR events would get me into suites at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the Arena to see the Bobcats/Hornets. Also, every team advertises suite tickets on places like Craigslist which I have bought. Keep in mind, not every suite is sold and they sell individual tickets to them. So you might be in a suite with lots of people you don't know.

patleahy likes this.
  9. patleahy

lol I dont doubt that, Major33....I was just bustin' Vilma's muffins, that's all. That is funny though about winding up in a suite with lots of people you dont even know, lol.

major33 likes this.
  10. major33

I don't even care about the suites. To be honest, I hate them because it pushes the seats further from the playing field. When I go to a game I like to feel like I'm right on top of the action. Even when I sat in suites in some stadiums I felt further back.

I find the suites behind home plate at Citi Field to be hideous looking. It looks like a damn country club. I much prefer the clean look behind home plate at Coors Field.

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You folks are too sophisticated for simpleton like me! I like to come in, tailgate, eat, drink, and watch Jets win live for a change! Whether the home plate has a clean look or someone else uses the stadium when Jets are not there is the least of my concerns.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

I've definitely never sat in a suite that I've had to pay money for that's for sure. Like major said though certain corporations just have huge access to em. When I worked in entertainment they were passed around and traded like candy. I probably didn't even take as much advantage of it as I should've because I'm not a suite guy. Not the way I like to watch a game.

But I will say, the only experience I'd pay for if I'm ever one day rich enough for it is the Legends club behind the plate at Yankee stadium. I did it once and the all you can eat food spread is fucking unbelievable.

13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I don't mind sharing but I do mind that the stadium sucks. Two franchises in the #1 market and we got..... MetLife.
    We should have something on the level of SoFi in LA

#73 Jedi mind tricks, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    AJW and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. major33

Actually no. I have said over and over again my favorite stadium to watch the Jets was Shea. Giants Stadium was great only because every seat in the house you felt like you were right on top of the action. MetLife and all the new stadiums the seats are so far from the field because of the suites.

Coors Field is great because the suites are tucked under the deck and the seats are right on top of the field giving you a great view of the action no matter where you sit. Same with Camden Yards, another stadium that was built right with a perfect pitch to the seats.

I guess you just go to stuff your face with food? When I get into a stadium I'm not eating anything unless I'm in a suite where the food is right there. But to me the most important part of a stadium is whether or not you feel like you're on top of the action.

You must be young and not have experienced the older stadiums, otherwise, you would hate MetLife.

AJW likes this.
  15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

always... fuck the Giants

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

if u are a million dollar political donor to the city democrats then get it done.

if not, its a pipe dream.

patleahy likes this.
  17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

silver was the main cog.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. patleahy

mabye if all of us pool our money together here on TGG!!!

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Definitely bothers me. Would have love it if CitiField was a dual purpose venue. In terms of venues, we can't be to picky, but, put the damn thing in at least New York State. Having it be the "New York" team in New Jersey is not a great look.

20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Bothers the hell out of me, always has. The NJ thing too. Like Noodle arm said, it's just not a good look.