Good article on QB scouting process and how we chose Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, May 3, 2021.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Wilson got the left shoulder fixed yet or is he planning to play with it in the NFL?

https://universe.byu.edu/2019/06/18/zach-wilson-explains-shoulder-injuries-on-media-day/

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Your typical, childish, immature way of responding. I'm not surprised at all. Grow up. It's sad how the anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in immature people like you.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wilson does have injury concerns, but injuries in the NFL can happen at any time. Lawrence or Fields could instantly get hurt and Wilson never get hurt. You just never know. From a scouting standpoint, it looks like Lawrence and Fields have stronger bodies and are less likely to get injured than Wilson. Lance too. Doesn't mean much to me though. I prefer what is on the field and also if your medical checks out, which Wilson's did. I would always pick the player I think plays the best and fits the best for my team. The Jets felt that was Zach Wilson.

4. legler82

Anonymity also gives you the power to routinely call people names and talk down to them.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's less lanky then tlaw, were are the complaints there? and only 3 lbs lighter then mac jones and same height so where are the complaints there? the thing is there is nothing to complain about so people will make shit up to suit their agenda. why i nobody worried about lawerence who is 4 inches taller then zach and weighs less? or mac jones who is the same heigh and onnly weighs 3 lbs more and honestly it's 3 pounds of chubb not even muscle

6. legler82

Exactly, it means more to some than others. Like Devonte Smith, I’m sure his size was of concern to some and not others. Doesn’t mean it’s not valid or needs to be just cause for a fight.

#126 legler82, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Because we've seen Lawrence be durable for three straight years in a conference that produces NFL players at a pretty good clip, thus meaning their size is comparable. Plus he's initiated contact by bowling over said defenders time and time again if you've watched him for three years and pops back up.

Not to mention you're doing exactly what every Wilson stan on here complained about Fields stans doing in dragging other players in to lift one up.

Everyone's big on consensus' around here - don't you think there's a reason that most major scouting reports question his size, including the lovely article NCJets posted with a direct quote from an NFL executive doing that?

Size and durability isn't always a barrier to success which is why it's cute seeing you guys get such twisted panties trying to defend it.

Sometimes guys come out with size and/or injury questions and they're Nick Chubb with no lingering effects. Other times they're Dee Milliner. Either way, it's always on the report as a question.

legler82 likes this.
  8. legler82

#NegativeFacts

9. GasedAndConfused

i'm not trying to life anyone up. i'm making the point his size isn't an issue. durability =/= size. plenty of large players lacked durability while smaller ones have been extremely durable. so are you arguing his size is a flag or his durability? it's 2 different things.

the reason people question his size is simple (and mind you only a few) because they always have to question something. it's the golden rule. there always has to be a negative. the thing with wilson is you just don't see any in his game. so then you go to the next teir which is intangibles and still you don't see any. then you start nit picking anything you can think of. It's fair to question his durability. he did have surgery on his throwing shoulder in 2019 but played 2 years on it with no issues. he does have a small injury in his non throwing shoulder. he did break his hand. but the question is whether it'll be a recurring thing.

Sam had no injury concerns coming out of college yet he missed 3 games in his rookie year, 3 games in his 2nd year, and 4 games in his 3rd year. look at Q, he has off season lower leg injuries 3 years in a row. players get hurt, it happens you can't expect they will never miss a game. everyone misses games at some point. it's the nature of the sport. I'd still consider sam durable. the question is do you pass up a great talent on the off chance they miss game? who is to say the lesser tlaent who never got hurt doesn't blow out a knee at some point. hell brady has been super durable and even he missed a season. shit happens.

it's not about defending anything. the point is zach is the jets QB, if you dont' like the pick go root for someone else. he hasn't even played a snap yet supposed "jet fans" hate him for made up reasons. it's kind of sad. sorry you didn't get your lesser QB you wanted because he's fast. you can always become a bears fan though

bicketybam likes this.
  10. legler82

Torn labrum on each shoulder and hand surgery is not “made up”.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

He may be less durable because he has less than ideal size for a position that gets landed on by guys 40-80 pounds bigger than them, with all of the weight coming down on shoulder/collarbone area. An area that has already been damaged on this particular player.

The bolded bullshit is why the pissing matches start and then you of all fucking people whine about their being a pissing match at all. It's unreal.

legler82 likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

[​IMG]

13. GasedAndConfused

unreal like spending 6 weeks trolling people because the jets didn't pick the QB you wanted? sorry if you're called out for behaving badly. it could have been avoided by simply not behaving badly on your part.

fields could snap a collarbone being landed on too. any player can. it's a sad reach at this point. derek carr has only missed 2 games in his 7 year career and he's the same size as wilson. cam newton has missed 21 games in his 9 year career and he's a physical specimen. you can't predict an injury. nobody can

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. legler82

[​IMG]

abyzmul likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

You've trolled excessively in this thread - point to when I have over the past six weeks?

It's funny because you're upset that no one thinks your opinion has any salt. That's why you've been bringing up your 2018 opinions and bumping threads left and right and beating your chest about how you were right. The best part is when one of the posters did some research and brought up some quotes of you playing every side of the 2018 fence.

legler82 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

[​IMG]

17. GasedAndConfused

i'm not upset at all. it's liek saying man that guy is a douche he stole a purse form an old lady. doesn't mean I'm upset about it. just pointing out the obvious poor behavior. It's funny how instantly you go to the "your butthurt lol" defense. really sad actually. Your poor behavior has 0 effect on me or my happiness.

the only reason i'm actually still conversation with you is you weren't nearly as bad as some and i get you were upset about not taking fields as you think he's better and hey jet fans are tortured by default. as far as all sides go, not exactly it's called having an open mind and doing research and changing your mind up to the draft like any decent person would. and i really don't give 2 shits about being wrong. everyone is wrong at times and right at times. it's a forum we aren't playing jeopardy here. I've been wrong many times before and will be many times in the future. it's the nature of the NFL draft. But I also spent many weeks defending allen and jackson and not liking baker and was right on all 3. I was wrong on sam and rosen. i'll take 3 out 5 ;)

18. Jonathan_Vilma

So I'll ask again. Please point out any poor behavior as the chosen arbiter of such things.

Nothing's worse than a guy who complains relentlessly about someone else's opinion and you're the ring leader of said complaints. Carry on though.

abyzmul and legler82 like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

you can have any opinion you want. how you express that opinion however makes all the difference. if you can't see that then IDK what to tell you buddy. you can make up whatever you want about me. doesn't bother me any. you and leglar can start the i hate GAC fan club and call me a douche every day. no skin off my back. I know how I am and how I behave and a few trolls isn't going to change that ;)

20. legler82

Stop telling on yourself; neither of us called you a douche or anything of the sort. The guilt has you subconsciously projecting. The name calling is @NCJetsfan and the other Wilson fanboys’, like yourself, area of expertise.